legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Mount Pleasant Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Mount Pleasant is a rapidly growing suburb of Charleston and the fourth largest city in South Carolina. Its population includes thousands of seniors who require ongoing care and assistance.
The South Carolina nursing home neglect attorneys of Nursing Home Law Center LLC fight tirelessly to ensure that they receive the quality of care and respect they've earned. We've compiled all the information you need to make more educated decisions on where to place your loved ones below to raise awareness toward common nursing home concerns and help prevent future abuse and neglect.
We currently represent injured elderly people exposed to sars-cov-2 or the COVID-19 (Corona) virus affected by the advance pandemic that started in early 2020.
South Carolina Senior Demographics
During the 1990s, Mount Pleasant was the fastest growing city in the state, when its population doubled between 1990 and 2000. As of the last census, its population had reached 67,800, and estimates place its current population at close to 78,000. Roughly 12% of the city's total population is over the age of 65, and many more residents are rapidly approaching retirement age. To help seniors continue to live active and healthy lives, the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department provides numerous services through its senior center located at 840 Von Kolnitz Road.
The senior center programs are available to anyone older than 55 years of age. They include driving courses, exercise classes, group trips and games, dances and concerts, art classes, computer classes, billiards, and massage therapy. Charleston County residents can become members for a nominal yearly fee of $125 while out of county residents can obtain a membership for $250 per year.
The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) said that the COVID-19 pandemic is hitting the nursing facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease. Many senior home residents are already struggling with comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death.
Many South Carolina assisted-living facilities are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many of these Centers lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The home's lack of protective protocols and their workers' failure to follow effective United States sanitation procedures have made elder home residents sick with the COVID-19 virus. If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice.
Eastern South Carolina Nursing Homes
Nursing home neglect and abuse have become epidemic in recent years. It is the hope of our Mount Pleasant nursing home injury law firm that the information we've compiled will prevent placing your loved ones in facilities that fail to provide the quality care you expect and your loved ones deserve. Our legal team gathered all the data using the nursing home compare tool provided by Medicare.
Information on South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
To maintain public health, Medicare routinely gathers data on every South Carolina nursing facility based on information collected through investigations, inspections, and surveys and makes the information public. Currently, the database shows that inspectors found serious violations and deficiencies at twenty-three (43%) of the fifty-three Charleston area nursing homes that resulted in resident injuries.
If your loved one was harmed, mistreated, abused, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living at a nursing home in South Carolina, your family must protect their rights for justice. We invite you to contact the Charleston area home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today. Schedule a free case review and let us discuss your legal options for obtaining monetary recovery to ensure you are compensated for your damages.
Our law firm compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts involving large corporate and small business caregiver homes across South Carolina. Learn more about these cases here. More information about the government-run centers, nursing facilities, and private non-profits below that care for the older adult population includes:
South Carolina Nursing Home Fall Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Bed Sore Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Inadequate Care Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Medical Error Settlements and verdicts
Overall Rating of 53 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (7) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (15) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (8) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (8) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (15) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Mount Pleasant Area Facilities
- Blue Ridge in Georgetown Nursing Center / 2715 South Island Road / Georgetown, SC 29440 / (843) 546-4123 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Blue Ridge of Sumter Nursing Center / 1761 Pinewood Road / Sumter, SC 29154 / (803) 481-8591 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Dr. Ronald E McNair Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 56 Genesis Drive / Lake City, SC 29560 / (843) 389-3685 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Edisto Post-Acute Center / 575 Stonewall Jackson Blvd / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-7771 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Heartland Health and Rehabilitation Care Center - Hanahan / 1800 Eagle Landing Blvd / Hanahan, SC 29406 / (843) 553-0656 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Heartland of West Ashley Rehabilitation and Nursing Center / 1137 Sam Rittenburg Blvd / Charleston, SC 29407 / (843) 763-0233 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lake City Scranton Healthcare Center / 1940 Boyd Road / Scranton, SC 29591 / (843) 389-9201 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Prince George Health Care Center / 901 Maple Street / Georgetown, SC 29440 / (843) 546-6101 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth – Moncks Corner Nursing Center / 505 South Live Oak Drive / Moncks Corner, SC 29461 / (843) 761-8368 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Retreat at Wellmore of Daniel Island Nursing Center / 580 Robert Daniel Drive / Charleston, SC 29492 / (843) 566-1000 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Ridgeland Nursing Center / 1516 Grays Highway / Ridgeland, SC 29936 / (843) 726-5581 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Shem Creek Nursing and Rehab Center / 1400 Liberty Midtown Drive / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 936-2801 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sprenger Healthcare of Bluffton Nursing Center / 60 Okatie Village Drive / Bluffton, SC 29909 / (833) 254-6634 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- St George Healthcare Center / 905 Duke Street / Saint George, SC 29477 / (843) 563-4602 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- The Methodist Oaks Nursing Center / 151 Lovely Drive / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-1212 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Mount Pleasant Area Facilities
- Bayview Manor Nursing Center / 11 Todd Drive / Beaufort, SC 29901 / (843) 524-8911 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Hallmark Healthcare Center / 255 Midland Parkway / Summerville, SC 29485 / (843) 821-5005 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Johns Island Post-Acute Nursing Center / 3647 Maybank Highway / Johns Island, SC 29455 / (843) 559-5888 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Life Care Center of Hilton Head / 120 Lamotte Drive / Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 / (843) 681-6006 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Bamberg Nursing Center / 439 North Street / Bamberg, SC 29003 / (803) 245-7525 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Blythewood Nursing Center / 1075 Heather Green Drive / Columbia, SC 29229 / (803) 419-9863 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Walterboro Nursing Center / 401 Witsell Street / Walterboro, SC 29488 / (843) 549-5546 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Veterans Victory House Nursing Center / 2461 Sidney Road / Walterboro, SC 29488 / (843) 538-3000 / 2 out of 5 stars / State-run / Website
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Mount Pleasant Area Facilities
- Broad Creek Care Center / 801 Lemon Grass Court / Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 / (843) 341-7311 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Carlyle Senior Care of Kingstree / 401 Nelson Blvd / Kingstree, SC 29556 / (843) 355-6116 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Jolley Acres Healthcare Center / 1180 Wolfe Trail / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-1001 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Life Care Center of Charleston / 2600 Elms Plantation Blvd / N Charleston, SC 29406 / (843) 764-3500 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mount Pleasant Manor Nursing Center / 921 Bowman Road / Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 884-8903 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina - Summerville / 201 W 9Th North Street / Summerville, SC 29483 / (843) 873-2550 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Riverside Health and Rehabilitation Center / 2375 Baker Hosp Blvd / Charleston, SC 29405 / (843) 744-2750 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- White Oak Manor - Charleston Nursing Center / 9285 Medical Plaza Dr / Charleston, SC 29418 / (843) 797-8282 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Mount Pleasant Area Facilities
- Franke Health Care Center / 1885 Rifle Range Road / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 856-4700 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Fraser Health Center / 300 Wood Haven Drive / Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 / (843) 842-3747 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Grand Strand Rehab and Nursing Center / 4452 Socastee Blvd / Myrtle Beach, SC 29588 / (843) 293-1137 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Lake Marion Nursing Facility / 1527 Urbana Road / Summerton, SC 29148 / (803) 485-2317 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Lake Moultrie Nursing Home / 1038 Mcgill Lane / Saint Stephen, SC 29479 / (843) 567-2307 / 4 out of 5 stars / Gov. Hospital
- NHC Healthcare - Bluffton Nursing Center / 3039 Okatie Highway / Okatie, SC 29909 / (843) 705-8220 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Garden City Nursing Center / 9405 Hwy 17 Bypass / Garden City, SC 29576 / (843) 650-2213 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oakbrook Health and Rehabilitation Center / 920 Travelers Blvd / Summerville, SC 29485 / (843) 875-9053 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Saint Matthews Health Care Nursing Center / 601 Dantzler Street / Saint Matthews, SC 29135 / (803) 655-7101 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sandpiper Rehab and Nursing Center / 1049 Anna Knapp Blvd / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 881-3210 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Savannah Grace at The Palms of Mt Pleasant / 1010 Lake Hunter Circle / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 388-2030 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sprenger Health Care of Port Royal Nursing Center / 1810 Richmond Avenue / Port Royal, SC 29935 / (843) 781-7700 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Preston Health Center / 87 Bird Song Way / Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 / (843) 689-7077 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- White Oak Manor - Lancaster Nursing Center / 253 Craig Manor Road / Lancaster, SC 29720 / (803) 286-1464 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- White Oak Manor - Spartanburg Nursing Center / 295 East Pearl Street / Spartanburg, SC 29303 / (864) 585-0241 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
5 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Mount Pleasant Area Facilities
- Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Health Care Center / 1 Bishop Gadsden Way / Charleston, SC 29412 / (843) 762-3300 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Lakes at Litchfield Nursing Center / 120 Lakes At Litchfield Drive / Pawleys Island, SC 29585 / (843) 235-9393 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- NHC Health Care Charleston Nursing Center / 2230 Ashley Crossing Drive / Charleston, SC 29414 / (843) 766-5228 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Barnwell Nursing Center / 31 Wren Street / Barnwell, SC 29812 / (803) 259-5547 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Orangeburg Nursing Center / 755 Whitman Street SE / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-7036 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- White Oak Manor - Rock Hill Nursing Center / 1915 Ebenezer Rd / Rock Hill, SC 29732 / (803) 366-8155 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Windsor Manor Nursing Center / 5583 Summerton Highway / Manning, SC 29102 / (803) 478-2323 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
When to Seek Legal Advice When Suspecting Abuse
Our eastern South Carolina elder abuse injury lawyers are often asked when it is best to seek legal representation when suspecting mistreatment or neglect. The short answer is to speak with a lawyer the moment you suspect that something is not right. We can help you determine whether you have a reason for concern and help you relocate your loved one to a healthier environment. Some of the primary symptoms of nursing abuse and neglect that you should pay attention to include the following.The development of pressure ulcers or the worsening of existing sores. All nursing facilities should have personalized plans for their patients that include proper care provisions for those at risk of developing these injuries (possible medical malpractice). Prevention and treatment are simple and require moving the patient every two to three hours.
- Hospitalization for suspect 'elder abuse' reasons such as malnutrition , dehydration, a mysterious infection, or medication errors.
- The presence of physical marks that might indicate the senior citizen has been restrained or physically assaulted.
- Caregivers steal the patient's personal belongings, funds, or medication (financial exploitation).
- The staff members or senior home administrators deny nursing home residents access to senior services, support groups, and senior companions.
- Sudden changes in the senior citizen's behavior such as depression, irritability, and sudden outbursts of anger.
- Home residents suffer physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, or other injury types by unsupervised home abuse of other patients.
- Slips or falls that occur when your loved one is unsupervised (home neglect) that result in hip and knee injuries, brain injuries, or another physical injury. Every long-term care facility needs to have a fall prevention program in place and identify the needs of patients that are more likely to fall or require regular assistance.
Speak with a Mount Pleasant Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Nursing Home Law Center LLC is a national personal injury network of attorneys that has helped thousands of clients receive the justice and compensation they deserve for their injuries. If you believe that your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect, we can help you relocate your loved one to a facility that will provide quality care while holding the nursing center accountable. We believe that recovering compensation on behalf of our clients is the best way to send a message to the nursing industry to facilitate change.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our Mount Pleasant, SC caregiver home abuse attorneys. We'll provide legal services and collect the information we need to advance your civil case. Your nursing home abuse lawyer will discuss all legal options with you and tell you precisely what you can expect moving forward. You can also be assured that you will never be required to pay for our services until we have successfully secured compensation on your behalf.
For additional information on South Carolina laws and information on abuse and neglect cases, look here.
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources
If you are looking for information on a specific facility or an attorney, please see links below to respective locality pages.
- Goose Creek
- Hilton Head Island
- Mount Pleasant
- North Charleston
- Rock Hill