legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Waukegan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
The history of Waukegan, located in far northeastern Illinois, is one of strife, industry, and diversity as the fifth largest city on the west bank of Lake Michigan and the county seat of Lake County. Waukegan is home to a rich and diverse population comprising 88,000 residents, approximately 9 percent of them senior citizens over the age of 65.
The Waukegan, Illinois nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys of Nursing Home Law Center LLC are dedicated to helping our senior population maintain their dignity and health by holding negligent caregivers and residential care facilities accountable when their actions result in harm to the very people they are supposed to serve.
National statistics show that elderly residents in nursing homes are at risk of sustaining injuries at the hands of their caregivers or other residents. If your loved one was mistreated, injured, or died while living in a Waukegan nursing home, we urge you to contact our Waukegan nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options for obtaining compensation.Nearly One-Third of Waukegan Area Nursing Homes Provide Substandard Care
Our Waukegan nursing home injury lawyers believe there is a great amount of power in knowledge. By summarizing below the specific concerns documented in a government survey of nursing facilities in the area, we hope to help you make a more informed decision before you place your aging loved one in a Waukegan area nursing home.
The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regularly inspects and publishes data on every certified nursing facility in the U.S. for compliance with federal regulations governing health and safety, including 16 nursing homes located within a 15-mile radius of Waukegan’s city center. Based on its investigations, the agency found that five of those facilities fell short of the accepted standards of care, after health violations and other deficiencies were uncovered by inspectors. The deficiencies reflect the same general issues found in nursing homes nationwide and are mostly related to understaffing.Lowest-Rated Waukegan Area Nursing Homes
Elevate Care Waukegan
2222 West 14th Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
(Formerly Glenlake Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation)
The Grove at the Lake
2534 Elim Avenue
Zion, IL 60099
Aperion Care Highwood
50 Pleasant Avenue
Highwood, IL 60040
Warren Barr Lincolnshire
150 Jamestown Lane
Hillcrest Retirement Village
1740 North Circuit Drive
Round Lake Beach, IL
Waukegan Township Park Place Senior Center
414 S. Lewis Avenue, Waukegan, Illinois
Each of these facilities was found to have one or more of the following deficiencies in safety and care:
- A much higher than average number of health citations
- A higher percentage of residents who developed pressure sores than the national and Illinois averages
- Failure to provide proper pressure sore care and prevention for some residents
- Failure to adequately supervise or safely transfer patients to minimize the risk of falls
- Failure to properly assist some residents with activities of daily living including personal grooming and hygiene
- Failure to use proper infection prevention measures when caring for some patients including urinary catheter care
- Failure to meet the dietary and nutritional needs of some underweight residents
- Unsanitary food storage and preparation practices
- Resident rooms in disrepair
If you suspect your loved one is being neglected or mistreated in a Waukegan nursing home, our nursing home injury lawyers advise that you investigate it right away rather than wait for more direct evidence to surface. It is better to rule out abuse than to allow it to go on unchecked, because the warning signs of abuse and neglect are often subtle. We recommend that you inquire into the treatment of your loved one if you encounter any of the following potential red flags:
- Sudden change in behavior or mood
- Frequent infections
- Hospitalization due to dehydration or malnutrition
- The presence of unexplained bruises or other physical marks
- Injuries sustained in trips or falls
- Signs of fear or silence in the presence of caregivers or other residents
- Poor hygiene or soiled clothing/bedding
You should always look into any signs that warrant concern, no matter how minor they may seem. Your loved one may be too afraid or ashamed to speak up about the abuse or neglect he or she is enduring. An investigation will reveal whether you have the right to legal recourse and help you begin the process of moving your loved one to a safer environment.Let Our Waukegan Nursing Home Attorneys Help You get the Justice You Deserve
Nursing Home Law Center is a leading Illinois personal injury network of attorneys that has successfully recovered compensation on behalf of thousands of clients. Our dedicated nursing home abuse legal team has specialized experience in these matters and can help you investigate the mistreatment of your loved one, assist you in transferring him or her to a healthier environment, and pursue the compensation your loved one deserves. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and case review.
Our Waukegan nursing home abuse attorneys work on a contingency basis so anyone in need of legal representation can retain our services regardless of their financial situation. You will never be required to provide an upfront payment and we will only collect a fee when we have secured compensation on your behalf.Damages Paid in Illinois Nursing Home Negligence Cases
Our nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers have compiled data from reported settlements and jury verdicts from across Illinois to give you an idea of what your case may be worth in a civil law context. We have broken down these cases according to case type and patient injury.
Learn more about these Illinois nursing home lawsuit settlements below:
- Medical Error Settlements
- Inadequate Care Settlements
- Bed Sore Settlements
- Fall Settlements
- Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
- For more information on any of the nursing homes listed on this page or other Waukegan area nursing homes: Nursing Home Compare
- To report suspected nursing home abuse: Illinois Department of Public Health
- IDPH quarterly reports of Illinois nursing home violations
- Illinois Nursing Home Care Act
- U.S. Census Bureau, 2013-2017 American Community Survey
If you are looking for information on a specific facility or an attorney, please see links below to respective locality pages.