legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Springfield Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
The ever-growing number of people reaching their retirement years is contributing to a shortage of available nursing home beds in many parts of the country, including Illinois. The spiraling demand has placed a burden on residential nursing facilities for the aged, which have become overcrowded and unable to accommodate all the needs of their residents. Unfortunately, the Springfield, Illinois nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have seen a significant rise in the number of civil cases involving mistreatment, neglect, and abuse in Illinois nursing facilities.
If your loved one was mistreated, injured, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in a Springfield nursing home, let our Illinois nursing home injury law firm protect the rights of your family. Contact our Springfield nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free consultation to discuss filing a claim for compensation.
Thirty Percent of Springfield, Illinois Nursing Homes Provide Inferior Care
Springfield is the Illinois state capital and home to more than 116,000 residents, nearly 19,000 of whom are senior citizens over 65. This number is likely much higher when factoring in the number of elderlies that reside in Decatur and other surrounding cities and towns.
The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regularly inspects and publishes data on every certified nursing facility in the U.S. for compliance with federal regulations governing health and safety, including ten nursing homes located within a 25-mile radius of Springfield’s city center. Based on its investigations, the agency identified three of those facilities as deficient in the standard of care they provide residents.
Ranked Springfield Nursing Homes
Five (50%) of the nursing facilities listed below, in or around Springfield, were ranked below average by CMS in the quality of care they provide to residents. The deficiencies noted by inspectors reflect the same general issues found in nursing homes nationwide and are mostly related to bad hiring practices or understaffing.
Overall Rating of 10 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (1) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (3) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (1) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (3) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (2) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Springfield, Illinois Area Facilities
- Aperion Care Capitol Nursing Center / 555 West Carpenter Springfield, Il 62702 / (217) 525-1880 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Bridge Care Suites Nursing Home / 3089 Old Jacksonville Road Springfield, Il 62704 / (217) 787-0000 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Springfield, Illinois Area Facilities
- Auburn Rehab and Health Care Center / 304 Maple Avenue Auburn, Il 62615 / (217) 438-6125 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Heritage Health - Springfield Nursing Home / 900 North Rutledge Springfield, Il 62702 / (217) 789-0930 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lewis Memorial Christian Village / 3400 West Washington Springfield, Il 62702 / (217) 787-9600 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Springfield, Illinois Area Facilities
- Sunny Acres Nursing Home / 19130 Sunny Acres Road Petersburg, Il 62675 / (217) 632-2334 / 3 out of 5 stars / County Government Owned and Operated / Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Springfield, Illinois Area Facilities
- Concordia Village Care Center / 4101 West Iles Avenue Springfield, Il 62711 / (217) 793-9429 / 4 out of 5 stars / Church-related Non-Profit
- Regency Care Nursing Center / 2120 West Washington Springfield, Il 62702 / (217) 793-4880 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Villa Health Care East Nursing Center / 100 Marian Parkway Po Box 109 Sherman, Il 62684 / (217) 744-2299 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
5 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Springfield, Illinois Area Facilities
- Aperion Care Springfield Nursing Facility / 525 So Martin Luther King Dr Springfield, Il 62703 / (217) 789-1680 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
What to Do if You Suspect Abuse or Neglect at a Springfield Nursing Home
Even if you just suspect that your loved one might be the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, you should act. Notify the nursing home’s administrator and/or director of nursing, file a report with the Illinois Department of Public Health, and seek the counsel of a legal representative. Elderly victims are often afraid to come forward out of shame or embarrassment, which means you must rely on other signs to determine whether your family member is being mistreated, which are sometimes subtle. The most common red flags include unexplained bruises or other marks, sudden changes in behavior or personality, depression, unexplained weight loss, poor hygiene, and unclean clothing or surroundings.
Speak with a Springfield Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Now
The Springfield nursing home injury lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center take the health and happiness of our seniors very seriously and we will do everything in our legal power to hold negligent and abusive caregivers accountable. If you believe your loved one is the victim of abuse at a Springfield nursing facility, our Illinois nursing home abuse lawyers investigate the matter free of charge and even advise you in relocating your loved one to a different facility that offers the care he or she deserves.
Our award-winning Illinois nursing home network of attorneys has assisted thousands of clients following injuries resulting from negligent or reckless behavior. Our Springfield nursing home abuse attorneys have specialized knowledge and experience working on cases like yours and can help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available on your loved one’s behalf. Contact us to arrange a free consultation to review your legal options. If we are unable to recover damages on your behalf, our services will be free.
Damages Paid in Illinois Nursing Home Negligence Cases
Our nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers have compiled data from reported settlements and jury verdicts from across Illinois to give you an idea of what your case may be worth in a civil law context. We have broken down these cases according to case type and patient injury.
Learn more about these Illinois nursing home lawsuit settlements below:
- Medical Error Settlements
- Inadequate Care Settlements
- Bed Sore Settlements
- Fall Settlements
- Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
- For more information on any of the nursing homes listed on this page or other Springfield area nursing homes: Nursing Home Compare
- To report suspected nursing home abuse: Illinois Department of Public Health
- IDPH quarterly reports of Illinois nursing home violations
- Illinois Nursing Home Care Act
- U.S. Census Bureau , 2013-2017 American Community Survey
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources
If you are looking for information on a specific facility or an attorney, please see links below to respective locality pages.
- Aurora Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Cicero Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Champaign Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Chicago Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Joliet Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Moline Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Naperville Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Orland Park Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Peoria Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Rockford Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Schaumburg Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Springfield Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Urbana Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Waukegan Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys