legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Redding Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
California nursing facilities have a special duty to provide every older adult with acceptable standards of care as regulated and enforced by state and federal nursing industry regulatory agencies. These enforceable laws are designed to provide the most vulnerable members of society quality care in a safe environment.
The network of California nursing home abuse attorneys have handled cases of nursing home abuse and neglect involving mental, physical, and emotional maltreatment. We are currently representing injured victims exposed to sars-cov-2 or the COVID-19 (Corona) virus affected by the pandemic that started in the United States in early 2020.
The federal government, through Medicare, collects data throughout the year on all nursing facilities in Redding based on information gathered through investigations, surveys, and inspections. Currently, their database reveals that nine (53%) of the twenty-one Redding area nursing facilities are deemed to provide substandard care based on national averages after investigators found serious deficiencies and violations.
If your senior loved one was mistreated, abused, injured, harmed, or died unexpectedly from neglect at the hands of caregivers or staff members in Redding, let our law firm protect your rights. Contact the Redding nursing home abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free case consultation. Our best lawyers provide you with legal options on filing a claim for compensation to recover your damages.An Aging Population
There is been a significant rise in the aging population throughout Northern California in recent decades. Nearly 220,000 residents live within the boundaries of Redding and Tehama counties, including in both Red Bluff and Redding, where approximately 30,000 are seniors 65 years and older. Many more elders than ever before have reached the retirement years and decided to stay in the beautiful environment of Central Valley with access to Shasta Lake and the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.
The increasing numbers of the aging population have placed a burden on nursing facilities that are already overcrowded and understaffed. As a result, many more cases involving neglect and abuse have been identified by state and federal agencies performing unannounced inspections and scheduled surveys of nursing facilities throughout California.Redding Nursing Home Resident Health Concerns
Our Central Valley elder abuse law firm recognizes that placing a loved one in a nursing facility is often one of life’s most undesirable decisions. Even though neglect and abuse of senior citizens can occur even in the best nursing facilities, many nursing centers have ongoing patterns of accident hazards, safety concerns, and signs of the deteriorating health of their residents.
Our Redding nursing center neglect attorneys have served as legal advocates for nursing home residents statewide. To offer assistance to families, we continuously compiled lists of nursing facilities with serious problems, including opened investigations, filed complaints, health hazards, and safety concerns. We gather this information through numerous national databases, including Medicare.gov.Comparing Redding Area Nursing Facilities
The compiled list below is posted by our California elder abuse attorneys detailing Redding California area facilities currently maintaining below standard ratings as compared to other homes throughout the United States. Also, our network of attorneys has posted our primary concerns involving cases of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment. In some of these cases, the resident has suffered serious harm, injury, or death caused by the negligent or abusive action of nursing staff or other residents in the facility.Information on Northern California Senior Abuse Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across California to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Our law firm posts the CMS ranking of government-run facilities, for-profit homes, and private non-profits around Southern California below:
- California Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Inadequate Care Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuations
- California Nursing Home Fall Case Valuations
Overall Rating of 21 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (5) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (6) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (1) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (5) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (4) Much below average
April 20201 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Redding Area Facilities
- Arbor Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1200 Springfield Drive Chico, CA 95928 / (530) 342-4885 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Riverside Convalescent Hospital / 375 Cohasset Rd Chico, CA 95926 / (530) 343-5595 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Windsor Chico Creek Care and Rehabilitation Center / 587 Rio Lindo Avenue Chico, CA 95926 / (530) 345-1306 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Brentwood Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1795 Walnut Street Red Bluff, CA 96080 / (530) 527-2046 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mayers Memorial Hospital / 43563 Hwy 299 E Fall River Mills, CA 96028 / (530) 336-5511 / 2 out of 5 stars / Government - Hospital District Operated / Website
- Seneca District Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility / 130 Brentwood Dr Chester, CA 96020 / (530) 258-2151 / 2 out of 5 stars / Government - Hospital District Operated / Website
- Trinity Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility / 60 Easter Ave Weaverville, CA 96093 / (530) 623-5541 / 2 out of 5 stars / Government - Hospital District Operated / Website
- Windsor Redding Care Center / 2490 Court Street Redding, CA 96001 / (530) 246-0600 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- California Park Rehabilitation Hospital / 2850 Sierra Sunrise Terrace Chico, CA 95928 / (530) 894-1010 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Copper Ridge Care Center / 201 Hartnell Avenue Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 222-2273 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oak River Rehab Nursing Center / 3300 Franklin Street Anderson, CA 96007 / (530) 365-0025 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Quartz Hill Post-Acute Nursing Center / 2120 Benton Drive Redding, CA 96003 / (530) 243-6317 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Shasta View Estates Nursing Center / 445 Park Street Weed, CA 96094 / (530) 938-4429 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Vibra Hospital of Northern California Skilled Nursing Facility / 2801 Eureka Way Redding, CA 96001 / (530) 245-4112 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Windsor Chico Care Center / 188 Cohasset Lane Chico, CA 95926 / (530) 343-6084 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Crestwood Wellness and Recovery Center / 3062 Churn Creek Rd. Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 221-0976 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Marquis Care at Shasta Nursing Center / 3550 Churn Creek Rd. Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 222-3630 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Red Bluff Health Care Center / 555 Luther Road Red Bluff, CA 96080 / (530) 527-6232 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Redding Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1836 Gold Street Redding, CA 96001 / (530) 241-6756 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Veterans Home of California - Redding / 3400 Knighton Road Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 224-3300 / 5 out of 5 stars / State Gov. Owned / Website
Many families have a loving spouse, grandparent, or parent in a long-term care facility who is placed there to ensure they received the highest level of care. Often, the nursing facility provides every necessary resource, medical attention, and support. Unfortunately, when the resident is abused, ignored, or neglected, the consequences are devastating.
In many incidences, family members or friends are unaware that their loved one is suffering at the hands of their caregivers because the signs or indicators of mistreatment are not visible. Our California elder abuse network of attorneys has recognized ongoing patterns of abuse and neglect in the cases we file for financial compensation. The most common cases involve:
- Facility acquired pressure ulcers that could have been prevented with quick detection and subsequent quality skincare by competent caregivers,
- Unexplained broken bones, bruises, lacerations, burns, and cuts,
- Choking events and severe dehydration,
- Significant weight gain or weight loss due to a change in the medical condition or from malnutrition,
- Sexual abuse, psychological games, or other type of elder abuse,
- Exposure to life-threatening viruses including COVID-19 (Corona),
- Unsanitary conditions and poor hygiene,
- Social isolation where staff members deny residents access to a senior companion, religious services, home events and parties, and senior services that result in emotional abuse and home neglect,
- Drug errors,
- Wrongful death or another type of elder abuse
Many nursing home residents in the state of California are the victims of pinching, hitting, arm-twisting, physical assault , and sexual abuse. The most common type of physical abuse often involves a failure to provide the most basic human care. Some nursing residents are left alone for hours at a time, unable to move without the assistance of their essential needs, including toileting, bathing, drinking, eating, or dressing.
Many of the issues listed above can be severe or fatal if immediate action is not taken by competent staff or legal intervention by a nursing home abuse lawyer. Pressure ulcers are often thought of as nothing more than a mild inconvenience. However, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services state that all pressure ulcers are preventable if every staff member follows state and federal regulations.
Severe infections can degrade quickly to bloodstream infection (septicemia) or bone infection (osteomyelitis) without immediate intervention. These deadly infections can claim the life of the victim within days.Hiring a Redding Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
If you have placed your loved one in the hands of a nursing facility and suspect they are being neglected or abuse, it is essential to call the Redding elder abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC now at (800) 926-7565. Our team of dedicated Northern California elder abuse lawyers will help ensure that every individual and entity responsible for causing your loved one harm is held accountable to pay financial compensation. With the best legal action, you likely have the legal right to receive compensatory and punitive damages.
Contact our law offices today for a free initial consultation. We accept all senior citizen neglect, abuse, and personal injury cases on contingency. This agreement ensures you and your family will receive immediate representation, counsel, and legal advice without paying an upfront fee. Our services are paid after we negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement or win your case at trial.
***Our personal injury lawyer affiliate team now accept COVID-19 (Corona) Virus exposure claims. Let us review the merits of your case and initiate a nursing home abuse lawsuit.
For additional information on California laws and information on nursing centers, look here.