legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Oxnard Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
The federal government and the state of California have strict laws protecting caregiving home residents from any type of neglect or abuse. Mistreatment against elderly seniors still occurs every day in nursing facilities statewide. The Oxnard nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have witnessed an alarming rise in the number of cases involving the mistreatment of society's most vulnerable individuals .
With our years of experience in the state and federal court system, the network of California nursing home abuse attorneys proved legal representation to injured plaintiffs in personal injury cases. Schedule a free case review and let us explain your legal options on how we can help you file and resolve a lawsuit for compensation. We are currently representing injured seniors exposed to sars-cov-2 or the COVID-19 (Corona) virus affected by the pandemic that started in the United States in early 2020.
The Retiring Population
Many more elderly citizens are relocating into nursing facilities. There are significant numbers of seniors in Ventura County choosing to stay in the beautiful community during their retirement years. An estimated 205,000 residents live with an Oxnard city limit, of which nearly 18,000 are senior citizens. That number more than doubles if all the retirees in Ventura County are counted.
The number is expected to rise in the coming years because of the influx of aging baby boomers that live throughout Southern California northwest of Los Angeles.
As more aging individuals relocate into nursing facilities, the opportunity for abuse and mistreatment will likely increase. Even though state and federal agencies have developed policies and procedures enforced to protect older adults in caregiving home residents, limited resources and the number of staff required to handle every complaint make mistreatment all but impossible to control.
Oxnard Skill Nursing Facility Resident Health Concerns
Finding answers about how nursing homes in the community provide care to their residents can prove challenging. In many cases, the solutions to severe problems, open investigations, and filed complaints can only be found in the resident's medical records. Because of that, our California residential care facility abuse attorneys continuously review national databases, including Medicare.gov.
This publicly available information outlines severe health and safety concerns in nursing homes nationwide. We post our findings to assist families facing the undesirable challenge of determining where to place a loved one who requires the best quality health and hygiene care.
Comparing Oxnard Skill Nursing Facility Care
The list below was compiled by our Ventura County experienced personal injury attorneys detailing nursing facilities in the Oxnard area currently maintaining below standard ratings compared to other homes nationwide. Also, we have published our primary concerns by stating specific cases involving neglect, mistreatment, or abuse involving older adults.
Medicare releases publicly available data throughout the year on all nursing facilities in Oxnard based on investigations, surveys, and inspections. Currently, the federal database reveals that four (27%) of the sixteen Oxnard senior companion homes were found to have severe deficiencies and violations that led to providing residents substandard care. Did your loved one suffer harm through mistreatment, abuse, or wrongful death while living in a nursing facility in Oxnard? If so, let our attorneys protect your rights now. We invite you to contact the Oxnard residential care facility abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today.
Information on California Skill Nursing Facility Lawsuits
Our personal injury attorney network has compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts. The information is from Los Angeles County and San Diego County superior court and circuit court that lists civil action lawsuits, wrongful death lawsuits, and personal injury cases. Home abuse and wrongful death have occurred at many homes below:
- California Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuations
- California Nursing Home Fall Case Valuations
Overall Rating of 15 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (6) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (4) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (1) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (3) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (1) Much below average
- Santa Paula Post-Acute Center / 250 March St Santa Paula, Ca 93060 / (805) 525-7134 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Maywood Acres Healthcare Nursing Center / 2641 South C St Oxnard, Ca 93033 / (805) 487-7840 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Thousand Oaks Healthcare Center / 93 W Avenida De Los Arboles Thousand Oaks, Ca 91360 / (805) 492-2444 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Windsor Terrace of Westlake Village Nursing Center / 250 Fairview Rd Thousand Oaks, Ca 91361 / (805) 494-1233 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oxnard Manor Healthcare Center / 1400 W Gonzales Rd, Oxnard, Ca 93030 / (805) 983-0324 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Brookdale Camarillo Nursing Center / 6000 Santa Rosa Road Camarillo, Ca 93012 / (805) 388-8086 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Shoreline Care Center / 5225 South J St, Oxnard, Ca 93033 / (805) 488-3696 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility / 2309 Antonio Ave, Camarillo, Ca 93010 / (805) 389-5848 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non Profit
- Ventura Post-Acute Nursing Center / 4020 Loma Vista Rd Ventura, Ca 93003 / (805) 642-4196 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Camarillo Healthcare Center / 205 Granada St Camarillo, Ca 93010 / (805) 482-9805 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit /Website
- Coastal View Healthcare Center / 4904 Telegraph Rd Ventura, Ca 93003 / (805) 642-4101 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Glenwood Care Center / 1300 North C St Oxnard, Ca 93030 / (805) 983-0305 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit /Website
- Mary Health of the Sick Convalescent and Nursing Hospital / 2929 Theresa Dr Newbury Park, Ca 91320 / (805) 498-3644 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non Profit / Website
- Oakview Skilled Nursing Center / 3557 Campus Dr Thousand Oaks, Ca 91360 / (805) 241-2000 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Victoria Care Center / 5445 Everglades St Ventura, Ca 93003 / (805) 642-1736 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit /Website
Exposing Patterns of Negligence and Abuse
Our Ventura County elder abuse attorneys have handled many personal injury cases involving nursing home neglect and abuse in California. To assist our clients, we go to great lengths to expose patterns of abuse, medical malpractice, wrongful act, and home neglect in many of the cases that we handle that involve:
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Preventable falls causing severe injury or death
- Facility-acquired bedsores
- Unexplainable burns, cuts, lacerations, and bruises
- Infections caused by negligence or wrongful act
- Decreasing medical status due to limited access to a health care provider
- Injury due to exposure to COVID-19 or a failure to perform an anti-virus scan
- Pecuniary injuries involving theft of the resident's social security check or bank funds
- Physical harm caused by a failure to provide health care of from medical malpractice
- Property damage caused by caregivers, employees, visitors, or other residents
- Social isolation including preventing social interaction, immediate family members visitations, and companionship
- Physical, mental, and sexual assaults
Most senior services cases involve health care provider neglect or training deficiencies by nursing homes and administrators placing profits ahead of quality care.
Hiring an Oxnard Skill Nursing Facility Abuse Lawyer
The Oxnard personal injury lawyer network at Nursing Home Law Center LLC has a comprehensive understanding of the legal efforts it takes to obtain full and fair financial compensation for senior citizens injured by abuse and neglect. We fight aggressively when seeking every available source for financial recovery for our clients. Our personal injury lawyer affiliate team now accept COVID-19 (Corona) Virus exposure claims.
Our personal injury law firm will provide legal advice to ensure your loved one receives the best medical care through the best health care provider to avoid injury or wrongful death. If you are a surviving spouse, personal representative, home caregiver, family member, domestic partner or close relative, you are likely entitled to receive funeral expenses, and compensatory and punitive damages on behalf of the decedent through a wrongful death claim. Such action requires filing all necessary paperwork before the California statute of limitations (time limit) expires.
With a personal injury attorney on your side, we can protect your legal rights. We encourage you and your loved one to contact our California elder abuse law office by calling (800) 926-7565 to schedule your free, full case evaluation . Our personal injury law firm accepts all cases involving wrongful death, personal injury, and nursing home abuse through damage award arrangements. This agreement ensures that you receive immediate legal counsel, advice, and representation without any upfront payment.