legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
North Charleston Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
North Charleston is the third-largest city in South Carolina and part of the greater Charleston metropolitan area. It is home to a burgeoning population that includes many senior citizens. The South Carolina nursing home abuse attorneys represent the needs of the many elderly patients who are denied the quality care and respect that they deserve due to neglectful and abusive caregivers. To help you make more educated decisions regarding where your loved one receives the care he or she requires, we provide information about the nursing facilities that serve this area.
We currently represent injured elderly people exposed to sars-cov-2 or the COVID-19 (Corona) virus affected by the advance pandemic that started in early 2020.Eastern South Carolina Elder Home Resident Demographics
In addition to being one of the largest industrial cities in South Carolina, North Charleston tops the state in gross retail sales. Its proximity to Charleston has helped attract a growing population that now exceeds 104,000 people. The senior community makes up roughly 8.4% of the total, and many more residents are nearing retirement.
The City of North Charleston offers numerous programs and activities to serve residents 50 years of age or older. Interested parties can sign up for social programs, classes, or group trips through any of ten centers located throughout the city. Remaining active is essential as we age, and seniors can join each other for games of tennis, softball, bowling, lane dancing, and yoga. Other social activities include bingo, cornhole, a group ceramics class, and bocce. Click here to find a center near you or contact the City of North Charleston's Parks and Recreation Department.The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) said that the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the nursing facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease. Many nursing center residents are already struggling with comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death.
Many assisted-living facilities in Richland County and eastern South Carolina are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many of these Centers lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The caregiver home's lack of protective protocols and their workers' failure to follow effective the United States regulated sanitation procedures have made elder home residents sick with the COVID-19 virus. If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice.Charleston County Area Nursing Home Facilities
The eastern South Carolina nursing home facilities information was compiled by our North Charleston nursing injury lawyers. The data was accessed using the Medicare nursing home compare tool website. We hope that we can increase awareness of concerns common to nursing centers in the area and allow more people to make educated decisions regarding where they choose to place their loved ones.
Contact the North Charleston, SC elder home negligence lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free case review to discuss how we can file and resolve a claim for compensation on your behalf to recover your damages.The Medicare Database
To maintain public health, Medicare routinely gathers information on every nursing facility in South Carolina based on data collected through inspections, surveys, and investigations. The database monitored by the federal agency reveals that twenty-eight (47%) of the sixty eastern South Carolina nursing facilities are below the national averages after serious deficiencies and violations were identified. If your loved one was mistreated, abused, injured, harmed, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in n a long-term care facility in Berkeley, Dorchester, or Charleston County, let our attorneys protect your rights starting now.Information on South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data in a recent report from particular case settlements and jury verdicts across South Carolina from Rock Hill to Myrtle Beach. Some of the large corporate and small business nursing homes resolved the legal action against them by providing financial compensation to injured victims and surviving families. Learn more about these cases and how to obtain similar results here.
Information about the government-run centers, nursing facilities, and private non-profits below that care for older home residents include:
South Carolina Nursing Home Fall Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Bed Sore Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Inadequate Care Settlements and verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Settlements and Verdicts South Carolina Nursing Home Medical Error Settlements and Verdicts
Overall Rating of 60 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (9) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (14) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (9) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (11) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (17) Much below average
May 20201 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating North Charleston Area Facilities
- Blue Ridge in Georgetown Nursing Center / 2715 South Island Road / Georgetown, SC 29440 / (843) 546-4123 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Blue Ridge of Sumter Nursing Center / 1761 Pinewood Road / Sumter, SC 29154 / (803) 481-8591 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Carlyle Senior Care of Florence / 133 West Clarke Road / Florence, SC 29501 / (843) 669-4374 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Dr. Ronald E McNair Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 56 Genesis Drive / Lake City, SC 29560 / (843) 389-3685 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Edisto Post-Acute Center / 575 Stonewall Jackson Blvd / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-7771 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Heartland Health and Rehabilitation Care Center - Hanahan / 1800 Eagle Landing Blvd / Hanahan, SC 29406 / (843) 553-0656 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Heartland of West Ashley Rehabilitation and Nursing Center / 1137 Sam Rittenburg Blvd / Charleston, SC 29407 / (843) 763-0233 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lake City Scranton Healthcare Center / 1940 Boyd Road / Scranton, SC 29591 / (843) 389-9201 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Prince George Health Care Center / 901 Maple Street / Georgetown, SC 29440 / (843) 546-6101 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Estill Nursing Center / 252 Liberty Street South / Estill, SC 29918 / (803) 625-3852 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- PruittHealth Moncks Corner Nursing Center / 505 South Live Oak Drive / Moncks Corner, SC 29461 / (843) 761-8368 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Retreat at Wellmore of Daniel Island Nursing Center / 580 Robert Daniel Drive / Charleston, SC 29492 / (843) 566-1000 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Ridgeland Nursing Center / 1516 Grays Highway / Ridgeland, SC 29936 / (843) 726-5581 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Shem Creek Nursing and Rehab Center / 1400 Liberty Midtown Drive / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 936-2801 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sprenger Healthcare of Bluffton Nursing Center / 60 Okatie Village Drive / Bluffton, SC 29909 / (833) 254-6634 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- St. George Health Care Center / 905 Duke Street / Saint George, SC 29477 / (843) 563-4602 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Methodist Oaks Nursing Center / 151 Lovely Drive / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-1212 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Bayview Manor Nursing Center / 11 Todd Drive / Beaufort, SC 29901 / (843) 524-8911 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Hallmark Healthcare Center / 255 Midland Parkway / Summerville, SC 29485 / (843) 821-5005 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Johns Island Post-Acute Nursing Center / 3647 Maybank Highway / Johns Island, SC 29455 / (843) 559-5888 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Laurel Baye Healthcare - Blackville Nursing Center / 1612 Jones Bridge Road / Blackville, SC 29817 / (803) 284-4313 / 2 out of 5 stars / Federal Government-Owned and Operated
- Life Care Center of Hilton Head / 120 Lamotte Drive / Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 / (843) 681-6006 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Bamberg Nursing Center / 439 North Street / Bamberg, SC 29003 / (803) 245-7525 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Aiken Nursing Center / 830 Laurens Street North / Aiken, SC 29801 / (803) 649-6264 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Walterboro Nursing Center / 401 Witsell Street / Walterboro, SC 29488 / (843) 549-5546 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Sumter East Health and Rehabilitation Center / 880 Carolina Avenue / Sumter, SC 29150 / (803) 775-5394 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Retreat at Brightwater Nursing Center / 171 Brightwater Drive / Myrtle Beach, SC 29579 / (843) 903-8300 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Veterans Victory House Nursing Center / 2461 Sidney Road / Walterboro, SC 29488 / (843) 538-3000 / 2 out of 5 stars / State-run / Website
- Broad Creek Care Center / 801 Lemon Grass Court / Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 / (843) 341-7311 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Carlyle Senior Care of Kingstree / 401 Nelson Blvd / Kingstree, SC 29556 / (843) 355-6116 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Jolley Acres Healthcare Center / 1180 Wolfe Trail / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-1001 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Charleston / 2600 Elms Plantation Blvd / N Charleston, SC 29406 / (843) 764-3500 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mount Pleasant Manor Nursing Center / 921 Bowman Road / Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 884-8903 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina - Summerville / 201 W 9Th North Street / Summerville, SC 29483 / (843) 873-2550 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Riverside Health and Rehabilitation Center / 2375 Baker Hosp Blvd / Charleston, SC 29405 / (843) 744-2750 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Place at Pepper Hill Nursing Center / 3525 Augustus Road / Aiken, SC 29801 / (803) 642-8376 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- White Oak Manor - Charleston Nursing Center / 9285 Medical Plaza Dr / Charleston, SC 29418 / (843) 797-8282 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Franke Health Care Center / 1885 Rifle Range Road / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 856-4700 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Fraser Health Center / 300 Wood Haven Drive / Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 / (843) 842-3747 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Lake Marion Nursing Facility / 1527 Urbana Road / Summerton, SC 29148 / (803) 485-2317 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Lake Moultrie Nursing Home / 1038 McGill Lane / Saint Stephen, SC 29479 / (843) 567-2307 / 4 out of 5 stars / Gov. Hospital
- NHC Healthcare - Bluffton Nursing Center / 3039 Okatie Highway / Okatie, SC 29909 / (843) 705-8220 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Garden City Nursing Center / 9405 Hwy 17 Bypass / Garden City, SC 29576 / (843) 650-2213 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oakbrook Health and Rehabilitation Center / 920 Travelers Blvd / Summerville, SC 29485 / (843) 875-9053 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Saint Matthews Health Care Nursing Center / 601 Dantzler Street / Saint Matthews, SC 29135 / (803) 655-7101 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sandpiper Rehab and Nursing Center / 1049 Anna Knapp Blvd / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 881-3210 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Savannah Grace at The Palms of Mt Pleasant / 1010 Lake Hunter Circle / Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 / (843) 388-2030 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sprenger Health Care of Port Royal Nursing Center / 1810 Richmond Avenue / Port Royal, SC 29935 / (843) 781-7700 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Lodge at Wellmore - Tega Cay Nursing Center / 111 Wellmore Drive / Fort Mill, SC 29708 / (803) 835-7000 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Preston Health Center / 87 Bird Song Way / Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 / (843) 689-7077 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Woodruff Manor Nursing Center / 1114 East Georgia Road / Woodruff, SC 29388 / (864) 476-7092 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Health Care Center / 1 Bishop Gadsden Way / Charleston, SC 29412 / (843) 762-3300 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- John Edward Harter Nursing Center / 185 Revolutionary Trail / Fairfax, SC 29827 / (803) 632-3334 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lakes at Litchfield Nursing Center / 120 Lakes At Litchfield Drive / Pawleys Island, SC 29585 / (843) 235-9393 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- NHC Health Care Charleston Nursing Center / 2230 Ashley Crossing Drive / Charleston, SC 29414 / (843) 766-5228 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Parklane Nursing Center / 7601 Parklane Road / Columbia, SC 29223 / (803) 741-9090 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- NHC Healthcare - Sumter Nursing Center / 1018 N Guignard / Sumter, SC 29150 / (803) 773-5567 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Barnwell Nursing Center / 31 Wren Street / Barnwell, SC 29812 / (803) 259-5547 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Orangeburg Nursing Center / 755 Whitman Street SE / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-7036 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Windsor Manor Nursing Center / 5583 Summerton Highway / Manning, SC 29102 / (803) 478-2323 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
Detecting the mistreatment of our loved ones is not always easy, especially when they are unwilling to talk about the abuse or are too afraid to speak out. Our eastern South Carolinian senior home abuse lawyers often instruct clients to investigate any situation that doesn't feel right because it is better to rule out abuse than to allow a potentially abusive situation to continue unabated. The most common signs of senior citizens' neglect, home abuse, or negligence include the following.
- Symptoms of malnourishment or dehydration, which include a change of the patient's medical condition that might consist of weight loss, dizziness, confusion, dark urine, fatigue, or other types of injuries.
- The presence of bedsores or worsening of existing pressure ulcers due to a lack of regulated standard of care. Preventing bedsores requires moving the patient or encouraging activity. Medicare states that pressure sore injuries are inexcusable and a sign of home neglect.
- Physical marks that could indicate assault or restraint, such as bruises on your loved one's wrists, ankles, or genital areas (possible sexual abuse).
- Sudden changes in behavior which can include angry outbursts, bouts of depression, and paranoia whenever in the presence of nursing staff members.
- Fractures due to slips or falls. You should always demand an explanation for a fall because of a lack of supervision, or environmental hazards may be contributing factors.
- The staff members or nursing home administrators deny residents access to senior services, support groups, and senior companions.
- Home residents suffer physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, or other injury types by unsupervised home abuse of other patients.
- The advance medical team's failure to develop and implement an effective plan of care based on prior results when the resident experiences a change in his/her medical condition.
- The development of an infection. Inferior sanitation methods or disease prevention measures can result in the spread of germs across an entire patient population.
- Staff members or others steal the resident's belongings or medication (financial exploitation).
- Hospitalization due to medication errors. The impact of these errors can range from minor discomfort to serious medical complications or death.
- The older adult suffers a brain injury, knee injuries, broken bones, or other unexplained injuries caused by unwitnessed falls.
- Your loved one accuses a staff member or resident of abuse or neglect. Many facilities will try to sweep incidents of home abuse under the rug by claiming that your loved one is confused or suffering from dementia. You should know your loved one well enough to know when to take an accusation seriously and have the right to investigate.
Nursing Home Law Center LLC has helped thousands of clients across the nation recover the compensation they were entitled to for injuries caused by negligent or abusive treatment. If you suspect your spouse, parent, or grandparent is being mistreated, contact our law firm to learn more about your legal options and to determine whether to launch an investigation. Your personal injury lawyer will provide legal services and assist you in finding a facility that will provide the quality of care your loved one deserves in a new home.
Our eastern South Carolinian, personal injury home abuse attorneys, will review your case free of charge and without obligation. We work on a contingency basis, which means we will never collect attorneys' fees unless we can secure compensation on behalf of your loved one.
For additional information on South Carolina's personal injury laws and information on caregiver centers, look here.Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources
If you are looking for information on a specific facility or an attorney, please see links below to respective locality pages.
- Goose Creek
- Hilton Head Island
- Mount Pleasant
- North Charleston
- Rock Hill