legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Nashville Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
After spending a lifetime of contributing to the community and making Nashville the beautiful place it is, senior citizens have earned the right to receive the highest quality of care. Unfortunately, many nursing home residents are victimized by caregivers who are given the responsibility to ensure their health and well-being is maintained. The Nashville nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have handled many cases where the victim is left only with the severe consequences of abuse that might involve physical injury, emotional trauma, mental anxiety, depression, and, at times, death.
Medicare regularly collects information on every nursing facility in Tennessee, based on data gathered through inspections, surveys, and investigations. Currently, the national database reveals that inspectors identified serious violations and deficiencies at seventeen (55%) of the thirty-one Nashville nursing facilities that resulted in harm to the residents. If your loved one was injured, mistreated, abused, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living at a nursing home, your family has the right to seek justice. We urge you to contact the Nashville nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today. Schedule a free case evaluation and let us discuss your legal options for obtaining monetary recovery through a lawsuit or compensation claim.
Nearly 650,000 residents live within the Nashville city limits, where more than 80,000 are senior citizens. The aging population increases significantly when accounting for all retirees residing throughout Davidson County. The number of elders in the community has risen substantially over the last few decades as many individuals in the baby boomer generation have chosen to make Nashville the ideal place to live during their retirement years.
Unfortunately, the growing population of seniors has placed a significant burden on nursing homes, assisted living centers, and rehabilitation facilities throughout the county. As a result, many nursing homes are now overcrowded and unable to meet the needs and demands of all their residents. In addition to the crowded conditions, many facilities are understaffed by overworked doctors, nurses, nurse aides, and employees who often become frustrated in their workplace to the detriment of their patients.Nashville Nursing Home Resident Health Concerns
Even though nursing facilities and assisted-living homes are designed to provide a high level of care to the residents, the reality is often much different. Too many nursing and staff members are abusive to the residents under their supervision in various ways. Some cases of mistreatment are apparent where the resident suffers broken bones through a deliberate act or unsupervised fall. Other injuries are not visible where the victim is neglected due to the facility’s conditions, minimal staffing, or the uncaring nature of one or more nurses, doctors, or employees at the facility.
For years, our Nashville elder abuse network of attorneys has guided family members through the complex legal system when their loved one becomes a victim of mistreatment. Also, we routinely evaluate and assess publicly available information from federal and state databases, including Medicare.gov. This national agency rates every nursing facility across the nation. Our Davidson County nursing home neglect lawyers review nursing home opened investigations, filed complaints, safety hazards, state surveys, and health violations involving nursing facilities throughout Tennessee.Comparing Nashville Nursing Area Facilities
The list below has links to the Nashville nursing area facilities currently maintaining below-average ratings compared to other American nursing homes. Also, our team of elder abuse lawyers have posted primary concerns about the facility and have detailed our concerns about specific cases that directly or indirectly cause the resident harm, injury, or death. Many families use this information as a useful tool before placing a loved one in a nursing facility to ensure they receive the highest levels of care available.Information on Tennessee Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Tennessee to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Click on the links below to learn more about the cases below:
- Tennessee Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuation
- Tennessee Nursing Home Abuse Valuation
- Tennessee Nursing Home Fall Cases
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (4) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (6) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (4) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (9) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (8) Much below average
January 20201 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Nashville Area Facilities
- Signature Healthcare of Madison / 431 Larkin Spring Rd, Madison, TN 37115 / (615) 865-8520 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Lakeshore Heartland / 3025 Fernbrook Lane, Nashville, TN 37214 / (615) 876-2754 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Grace Healthcare of Whites Creek / 3425 Knight Drive, Whites Creek, TN 37189 / (615) 806-8800 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Creekside Center for Rehabilitation and Healing / 306 W Due West Avenue, Madison, TN 37115 / (615) 871-8200 | 1 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- West Meade Place / 1000 St Luke Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 / (615) 726-0492 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Vanco Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 813 S Dickerson Rd, Goodlettsville, TN 37072 / (615) 792-9154 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village / 1250 Robinson Road, Old Hickory, TN 37138 / (615) 791-1103 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Nashville Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Center / 832 Wedgewood Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203 / (615) 794-8417 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- McKendree Village / 4347 Lebanon Road, Hermitage, TN 37076 / (615) 885-2320 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Bethany Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Center / 421 Ocala Drive, Nashville, TN 37211 / (615) 352-3430 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Life Care Center of Hickory Woods / 4200 Murfreesboro Pike, Antioch, TN 37013 / (615) 834-4214 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center / 3939 Hillsboro Circle, Nashville, TN 37215 / (615) 297-2100 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- The Health Center at Richland Place / 504 Elmington Avenue, Nashville, TN 37205 / (615) 269-4200 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Woodcrest at Blakeford / 11 Burton Hills Blvd, Nashville, TN 37215 / (615) 731-7130 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Good Samaritan Health and Rehab Center / 500 Hickory Hollow Terrace, Antioch, TN 37013 / (615) 712-2600 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- The Meadows / 8044 Coley Davis Road, Nashville, TN 37221 / (615) 792-4948 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Nashville Community Care and Rehabilitation at Borde / 1414 County Hospital Rd, Nashville, TN 37218 / (615) 758-4100 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Trevecca Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Center / 329 Murfreesboro Rd, Nashville, TN 37210 / (615) 612-4499 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Somerfield at The Heritage / 900 Heritage Way, Brentwood, TN 37027 / (615) 646-4466 | 3 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- AHC Cumberland / 4343 Ashland City Highway, Nashville, TN 37218 / (615) 890-2020 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- NHC Healthcare - Franklin / 216 Fairground St, Franklin, TN 37064 / (615) 824-0720 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- NHC Place at the Trace / 8353 Highway 100, Nashville, TN 37221 / (615) 859-6600 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- The Waters of Cheatham / 2501 River Road, Ashland City, TN 37015 / (615) 847-1502 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- White House Health Care / 2871 Highway 31W, White House, TN 37188 / (615) 501-3500 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- NHC Place at Cool Springs / 211 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN 37067 / (615) 790-0154 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Mt Juliet Health Care Center / 2650 North Mt Juliet Road, Mount Juliet, TN 37122 / (615) 672-3636 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Hillcrest Healthcare Center / 111 E Pemberton Street, Ashland City, TN 37015 / (615) 778-6800 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- NHC Healthcare - Hendersonville / 370 Old Shackle Island Rd, Hendersonville, TN 37075 / (615) 665-2524 | 5 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Stoneridge Health Care / 5121 Greer Road, Goodlettsville, TN 37072 / (615) 244-6900 | 5 out of 5 stars | For-Profit
- Claiborne and Hughes Health Center / 200 Strahl Street, Franklin, TN 37064 / (615) 564-4900 | 5 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Grace Healthcare of Franklin / 1287 West Main, Franklin, TN 37064 / (615) 859-5895 | 5 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
Our Nashville nursing home neglect attorneys recognize that failing to follow procedures and protocols violates federal and state nursing home regulations.Getting the Justice Your Loved One Deserves
Abuse and neglect against the elderly take many forms. In many cases, family members want vindication to hold those legally accountable for the harm they’ve caused a vulnerable loved one who could not stand up for themselves.
Most cases of mistreatment against the elderly involve physical assault, sexual attacks, emotional trauma, and financial exploitation. Unfortunately, many instances of abuse go unreported for various reasons. In some cases, the resident can no longer communicate what is going on due to their medical or mental condition. Other times, the resident is too scared to speak out in fear of retaliation or reprisal by the perpetrator.
Family members are often unaware of the ten most common indicators that a loved one is being abused or neglected. These include:
- Unexplained bruising
- Medication errors including not following physician’s orders
- Hazardous conditions and a lack of supervision that leads to a fall with injuries
- Unexpected weight loss
- The staff refused to allow the resident access to normal activities or visitors
- Sudden change in behaviors including biting, rocking or sucking
- Facility-acquired bedsores that degrade due to a lack of proper treatment
- Financial exploitation through theft of the resident’s personal belongings or funds
- Starvation and dehydration
- Unnecessary sedation or improper restraint using chemicals or physical devices including belts without authorization
Tragically, many nursing home residents die from abuse and neglect every year. If your loved one was harmed, injured, or has passed while under the care of nursing professionals, it is essential to seek the legal representation of our compassionate personal injury attorneys today.
Holding medical doctors and nursing staff legally accountable not only protects the rights and dignity of the resident that was harmed; but, shields all future residents who might not be aware of the unacceptable actions and level of care provided by the facility. Having an attorney on your side is typically the best solution to ensure that your loved one receives the financial compensation they deserve.Speak to a Nashville Abuse and Neglect Lawyer
The Nashville nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have assisted many families in navigating the legal system to file a complaint and claim against a nursing facility. Our Tennessee elder abuse law office fights aggressively to ensure that the injuries of our clients are immediately addressed and take fast legal action to stop the abuse now.
If your elderly loved one, disabled spouse, or rehabilitating sibling suffered injury through negligence or abuse of another, contact our law office today at (800) 926-7565. Our Tennessee elder abuse network of attorneys handles cases on a contingency fee arrangement. This agreement provides immediate legal services without the need for an upfront fee. All information discussed with our law offices remains confidential.
For additional information on Tennessee laws and information on nursing homes, look here.Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources