legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Memphis Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Nearly every day, the Memphis nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC speak to family members whose loved one has been abused, neglected, or exploited at the hands of nursing healthcare professionals in charge of providing them care.
Was your loved one harmed, mistreated, abused, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in a Tennessee nursing home?
If so, contact the Memphis nursing home abuse lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center at 800-926-7565 (toll-free) today to schedule a free case review. Let us discuss a financial compensation claim with you to recover your damages.
Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect in Memphis, TN
Cases of elder abuse can involve some of the most heinous acts where the nursing home staff causes serious harm to the most vulnerable members of society. Without proper oversight and advocacy, any resident can fall victim to neglect or abuse, even while living in the highest rated nursing homes in the community.
Medicare releases publicly available information on all nursing homes in Tennessee. Their reports are based on the data gathered through inspections, investigations, and surveys.
Currently, the national database shows that inspectors identified serious violations and deficiencies at twelve (46%) of the twenty-six Memphis nursing facilities that led to resident injuries.
Seniors in Memphis Area
More than 650,000 individuals live within the city limits of Memphis, Tennessee, of which approximately 75,000 are 65 years and older. This number more than doubles when counting the seniors living throughout Shelby County.
The total number of elders has risen substantially over the last few decades because many men and women of the baby boomer generation have chosen to remain in Tennessee to live out their retirement years.
As the oldest generation grows older, more individuals than ever are relocating to nursing homes, assisted living centers, and rehabilitation facilities throughout the Memphis community.
Like everyone, these elders deserve to be treated with dignity and respect for their individuality under all situations.
Unfortunately, statistics reveal that one out of every ten nursing home residents will be victimized at some point during their stay by caregivers, other residents, family members, friends, and visitors.
Memphis Nursing Home Resident Health Concerns
Our Tennessee elder abuse network of attorneys has long served as an advocate for every nursing home resident in the state.
To provide a public service, we continuously assess, review, and evaluate open investigations, filed complaints, safety concerns, and health violations handled by federal and state regulators, surveyors, and inspectors.
We publish this information to assist family members in need of placing a loved one who requires the utmost quality care in the hands of professional caregivers.
This publicly available information gathered from national databases, including Medicare.gov, gives families insight into the activities, problems, concerns, and issues many nursing home residents face in the Memphis area.
Comparing Memphis Area Nursing Facilities
The detailed information linked below includes every Memphis area nursing facility currently maintaining below-average ratings compared to other homes nationwide.
Additionally, there are primary concerns where residents have been seriously injured or harmed due to the action or inaction of a medical doctor, nursing staff, or employees.
Information on Tennessee Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Tennessee to give you an idea how cases are valued. Learn more about the cases linked below:
- Tennessee Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuation
- Tennessee Nursing Home Abuse Valuation
- Tennessee Nursing Home Fall Cases
Overall Rating of 26 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (2) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (3) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (9) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (8) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (4) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Memphis Area Facilities
- AHC Harbor View / 1513 N 2nd Street, Memphis, TN 38107 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center / 1250 Farrow Road, Memphis, TN 38116 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center / 131 N Tucker, Memphis, TN 38104 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- The Highlands of Memphis Health and Rehabilitation Center / 3549 Norriswood, Memphis, TN 38111 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Memphis Area Facilities
- Kirby Pines Manor / 3535 Kirby Road, Memphis, TN 38115 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Midtown Center for Health and Rehabilitation Center / 141 N McLean Blvd, Memphis, TN 38104 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Millington Healthcare Center / 5081 Easley Avenue, Millington, TN 38053 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 6733 Quince Road, Memphis, TN 38119 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Signature Healthcare of Memphis / 1150 Dovecrest Rd, Memphis, TN 38134 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Signature Healthcare of Primacy / 6025 Primacy Parkway, Memphis, TN 38119 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- St Clare Health and Rehabilitation Center / 1755 Eldridge Ave, Memphis, TN 38108 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Whitehaven Community Living Center / 1076 Chambliss Road, Memphis, TN 38116 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Memphis Area Facilities
- Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 3933 Allenbrooke Cove, Memphis, TN 38118 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Ave Maria Home / 2805 Charles Bryan Rd, Bartlett, TN 38134 | 3 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Bright Glade Health and Rehabilitation Center / 5070 Sanderlin Avenue, Memphis, TN 38117 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Christian Care Center of Memphis / 6500 Kirby Gate Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38119 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Grace Healthcare of Cordova / 955 Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit
- Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center / 200 South Parkway West, Memphis, TN 38109 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Rainbow Rehab and Healthcare / 8119 Memphis Arlington Road, Bartlett, TN 38133 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Spring Gate Rehab and Healthcare Center / 3909 Covington Pike, Memphis, TN 38135 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit
- The Village at Germantown / 7930 Walking Horse Circle, Germantown, TN 38138 | 3 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Memphis Area Facilities
- Memphis Jewish Home / 36 Bazeberry Road, Cordova, TN 38018 | 4 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Regional One Health Subacute Care / 877 Jefferson Avenue Adams Pavilion, Memphis, TN 38103 | 4 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- The Kings Daughters and Sons / 3568 Appling Road, Bartlett, TN 38133 | 4 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
5 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Memphis Area Facilities
- Allen Morgan Health and Rehabilitation Center / 177 North Highland, Memphis, TN 38111 | 5 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Applingwood Health Care Center / 1536 Appling Care Lane, Cordova, TN 38018 | 5 out of 5 stars | For Profit | Website
Obtaining Justice in a Nursing Home Abuse Case
While most nursing facilities provide an excellent level to their residents, the number of cases involving neglect, mistreatment, and abuse is far too high.
Unfortunately, many long term care facilities place profits ahead of quality care by cutting corners and reducing staff that is often to the detriment of the nursing home resident. The goals of the administrator, corporation, and management at the nursing home to generate huge profits often places the elderly loved one in harm’s way.
Any change in the resident’s health conditions can diminish their quality of life that can lead to premature death. Many patients suffer physically, mentally, and emotionally from neglectful, abusive situations. Identifying mistreatment and neglect can be frustrating and challenging, especially for residents who cannot speak up to protect themselves.
Unfortunately, many families are unaware of the warning signs of an elderly individual experiencing abuse, neglect, and mistreatment.
Some nursing homes are understaffed with needed nurses and nurse assistants, and others have insufficiently trained nursing home staff members.
The most common forms of abuse and neglect involving nurses and staff members include:
- Facility-acquired pressure ulcers
- Unusual weight gain or weight loss
- Poor hygiene or unsanitary conditions
- Hazardous areas including slippery surfaces
- Unauthorized physical or chemical restraint used as a convenience to assist the nursing staff
- Signs of dehydration and malnutrition
- Unexplained bruises, broken bones, fractures, lacerations or other injuries
- Withdrawal of the resident from routine activities that might involve a sudden onset of depression or significant change in mood
- Medication error
The most common form of abuse in a nursing home negligence case does not always involve physical abuse (trauma) or a chronic medical condition.
Often, cases are brought about because caregivers, administrators, and nursing facilities are held legally accountable because they ignored the needs of their residents (nursing home staff negligence).
However, proving a nursing home neglect case in court to obtain justice, financial recompense, and accountability might be complicated. Because of that, many families will hire nursing home abuse lawyers specializing in an abuse or neglect case.
Talk to a Memphis Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer
The Memphis nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC are successful in fighting for the rights of nursing home residents seeking financial compensation and justice for their harm. Our Tennessee network of attorneys remains dedicated to ending mistreatment occurring in nursing facilities across the state.
Cases brought about by your nursing home abuse lawyer will help to protect and preserve your loved one's rights to respect, dignity, and quality of life during this challenging time of their life.
If you suspect your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect, we encourage you to call us today at 800-926-7565 (toll-free).
We accept every nursing home neglect, personal injury, and wrongful death case through a contingency fee arrangement with a no recovery, no payment guarantee. All our legal services are paid only after your attorney has negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement or wins your case at trial.
All information shared with your nursing home abuse lawyer remains confidential through an attorney-client relationship.