legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Hagerstown Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
More than eight million Americans currently receive long and short-term care services in nursing facilities, adult day care centers, assisted-living homes, and hospices nationwide. For-profit corporations run nearly all the facilities providing nursing care in the United States. Often, their business plan means the company entrusts the staff to provide nurturing health and hygiene care to our most vulnerable. Unfortunately, the corporation’s stockholders want assurance that profits are placed ahead of the residents’ needs. In recent years, the Hagerstown nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have seen a significant shift in the escalating number of civil cases involving mistreatment, neglect, and abuse throughout Maryland.
Medicare releases publicly available information every month on all nursing homes in Hagerstown based on the data gathered through inspections, investigations, and surveys. Currently, the database shows that inspectors identified serious violations and deficiencies at 44% (seven facilities) of the sixteen Hagerstown nursing homes that resulted in severe harm and wrongful death of residents. If your loved one was injured, abused, mistreated, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in a nursing facility in Maryland, you have the legal right to ensure justice. We urge you to contact the Hagerstown nursing home abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free, no-obligation case review to discuss a financial compensation lawsuit.
Nearly 150,000 individuals reside in Hagerstown and Washington County, including more than 21,000 senior citizens. The limited number of nursing facilities and the high percentage of the elderly population in the community has placed a severe demand on the number of beds required to meet the needs of the disabled, rehabilitating, and aging. Sadly, abuse, neglect, and mistreatment are usually the results of overworked nursing staff in a crowded environment.
Hagerstown Nursing Home Resident Health Concerns
Many overcrowded and understaffed nursing homes provide substandard care. Because of that, our Maryland elder abuse attorneys have stood tall as advocates for victimized nursing home residents statewide. We continually review, assess, and evaluate publicly available information outlining health concerns, opened investigations, and filed complaints against nursing homes gathered from national databases, including Medicare.gov.
Comparing Hagerstown Area Nursing Homes
Our Washington County nursing home neglect attorneys have posted the list below detailing facilities throughout the Hagerstown area currently maintaining below standard ratings compared to other homes nationwide. Also, we have added our primary concerns by specifying cases involving understaffing, medical oversights, reduced services, abuse, neglect, and healthcare fraud.
Information on Maryland Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Maryland to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Learn more about the cases linked below:
- Maryland Nursing Home Fall Case Valuation
- Maryland Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuation
- Maryland Nursing Home Abuse Case Valuation
Overall Rating of 16 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (0) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (4) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (5) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (3) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (4) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Hagerstown Area Facilities
- Williamsport Nursing Home / 154 N. Artizan Street, Williamsport, MD 21795 / (301) 223-7971 | 1 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Hagerstown Healthcare Center / 750 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, MD 21740 / (301) 797-4020 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Care Haven Center / 2720 Charles Town Road, Martinsburg, WV 25401 / (304) 263-0933 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Cadia Healthcare - Hagerstown / 14014 Marsh Pike, Hagerstown, MD 21742 / (301) 733-8700 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Hagerstown Area Facilities
- Ravenwood Nursing Care Center / 1183 Luther Drive, Hagerstown, MD 21740 / (301) 790-1000 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- South Mountain Restoration Center / 10058 S Mountain Rd, South Mountain, PA 17261 / (717) 749-3121 | 2 out of 5 stars | state-government owned | Website
- Julia Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 333 Mill Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740 / (301) 665-8700 | 2 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Hagerstown Area Facilities
- Sterling Care at South Mountain / 141 South Main Street, Boonsboro, MD 21713 / (301) 432-5457 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Coffman Nursing Home / 1304 Pennsylvania Ave, Hagerstown, MD 21742 / (301) 733-2914 | 3 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Canterbury Center / 80 Maddex Drive, Shepherdstown, WV 25443 / (304) 876-9422 | 3 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Quincy Retirement Community / 6596 Orphanage Road, Waynesboro, PA 17268 / (717) 302-7801 | 3 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Fahrney-Keedy Memorial Home / 8507 Mapleville Road, Boonsboro, MD 21713 / (301) 671-5013 | 3 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Hagerstown Area Facilities
- Clary Grove / 209 Clover Street, Martinsburg, WV 25404 / (304) 263-8921 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Homewood at Williamsport MD / 16505 Virginia Avenue, Williamsport, MD 21795 / (301) 582-1628 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Western MD Hospital Center / 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, Hagerstown, MD 21742 / (301) 745-4450 | 4 out of 5 stars | state-government owned | Website
- ManorCare Health Services - Chambersburg / 1070 Stouffer Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201 / (717) 263-0436 | 4 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
We recognize any failure to follow protocols when providing care and services could place the health and well-being of the resident in Immediate Jeopardy. The deficient practice of the nursing staff directly violates federal and state guidelines and regulations and fails to follow the established protocols and procedures adopted by the facility.
A Lack of Quality Care Can Injure or Harm a Resident
The federal government reports that more than 9000 incidences of documented abuse occurred in nursing homes nationwide within the last two years. These violations resulted in more than one out of every three nursing facilities cited for severe problems. These reports indicate that a lack of quality care has caused significant harm or injury to the residents in various ways, including:
- Untreated pressure sores
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Substandard medical care
- Physical, sexual, emotional and mental abuse
- Inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene
- Preventable accidents
In many of those cases, the nursing home resident suffered actual harm at a level of seriousness that caused them immediate jeopardy, leading to a worsening condition or death.
Talk to a Hagerstown Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
The experienced Hagerstown nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC remain dedicated to serving as advocates. Our legal team of affiliates has the necessary resources to hold those responsible for causing harm legally and financially accountable. We have handled cases involving nursing home mistreatment throughout Washington County for years.
We urge you to contact our northern Maryland nursing home neglect law offices now at (800) 926-7565 to schedule your free, no-obligation full case evaluation. All information you share with our law offices will remain confidential.
For additional information on Maryland laws and information on nursing homes, look here.
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources
If you are looking for information on a specific facility or an attorney, please see links below to respective locality pages.
- Ellicott City
- Glen Burnie
- Silver Spring