legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Grand Rapids Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
In recent years, our Grand Rapids senior abuse attorneys have seen a significant rise in the cases involving home neglect and mistreatment in Michigan. Many of these incidents occur in senior nursing facilities and adult foster care homes where the nursing staff or other patients cause significant injuries. Many more cases go unreported because of the resident’s inability to protect themselves from retaliation.
Grand Rapids, Michigan ranks fifth in overall population in the state with more than 194,000 residents within the city limits, of which more than 20,000 are aged 65 years and older. This number has risen significantly over the last few years, which has increased the demand for senior center beds in the community. Unfortunately, a number of these facilities provide low levels of medical and hygiene home care that often strip away the dignity, respect, and meaningful life of many of its residents.
The federal agency, through Medicare, routinely collects information on every nursing facility in the state of Michigan, based on data gathered through inspections, surveys, and investigations. According to the federal agency, investigators found severe violations and deficiencies at forty-three (27%) of the 158 Grand Rapids area nursing facilities that led to preventable resident injuries.
The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the long-term care facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease. Many elderly residents are already struggling with advanced comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death. Some severe injuries and preventable deaths result in a senior home abuse lawsuit and wrongful death case.
Many assisted-living facilities in Michigan are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many senior home administrators lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
Preventable Virus Exposure
The home’s lack of protective protocols and their workers’ failure to follow effective United States sanitation procedures have made elder home residents sick with the COVID-19 virus. If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, senior home negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice through a physical injury suit or wrongful death claim.
If your loved one was mistreated, abused, injured, harmed, or died unexpectedly from neglect while residing in an elder care home in Michigan, let our lawyers protect your rights. Contact the Michigan nursing home abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free case review to discuss filing and resolving a claim for compensation. Let our law firm ensure that you recover your damages.
In 2013, The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) investigated facilities that provide nursing and hospice care, noting that only one in every five reviewed were able to pass inspection in the previous six years. The dismal conditions, untrained staff, and lack of supervision at some of these facilities have taken away the resident’s independence, privacy, and reason for living. The violations over the last year are posted online for thirty-six months for public review.
Comparing Michigan Nursing Facilities
The nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have found numerous complaints, opened investigations, and safety concerns involving nursing facilities in the Grand Rapids area. Below, we post publicly available information on those facilities in the senior living community that maintain a one and two-star rating out of a possible five stars. This data was gathered through the US Medicare.gov Comparison Tool website.
Information on Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our nursing home abuse attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Michigan to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Many of these cases were heard and Kent County, Jackson County, Calhoun County, Ann Arbor in other locations throughout the State of Michigan. Learn more about the cases below:
- Michigan Nursing Home Medical Error Cases
- Michigan Nursing Home Inadequate Care Case Valuation
- Michigan Nursing Home Fall Case Valuation
- Michigan Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Values
- Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Case Valuation
Overall Rating of 158 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (48) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (43) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (24) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (34) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (9) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Grand Rapids Area Facilities
- Arbor Manor Care Center / 151 2nd St / Spring Arbor, MI 49283 / (517) 750-1900 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Aria Nursing and Rehab Nursing Home / 707 Armstrong / Lansing, MI 48911 / (517) 393-5680 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Hallmark Living Kalamazoo / 493 W 32nd St / Holland, MI 49423 / (616) 396-1438 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Laurels of Coldwater Healthcare Center / 90 N Michigan Ave / Coldwater, MI 49036 / (517) 279-9808 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Laurels of Galesburg Nursing Home / 1080 N 35thSt. / Galesburg, MI 49053 / (269) 665-7043 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Life Care Center of Plainwell / 320 Brigham St / Plainwell, MI 49080 / (269) 685-9805 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Marshall Nursing and Rehabilitation Community Nursing Home / 575 N Madison St / Marshall, MI 49068 / (269) 781-4281 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of Campus Area Nursing Home / 2815 Northwind Dr / East Lansing, MI 48823 / (517) 332-0817 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Metron of Belding Nursing Center / 414 E State St / Belding, MI 48809 / (616) 794-0460 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Oaks at Northpointe Woods Nursing Home / 706 North Ave / Battle Creek, MI 49017 / (269) 964-4655 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Grand Rapids Area Facilities
- Advantage Living Center - Battle Creek / 675 Wagner Dr / Battle Creek, MI 49017 / (269) 969-6244 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Allegra Nursing and Rehab Nursing Home / 434 W North St / Jackson, MI 49202 / (517) 787-3250 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Burcham Hills Retirement Center / 2700 Burcham Dr. / East Lansing, MI 48823 / (517) 351-8377 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Ely Manor Nursing Home / 1200 Ely St / Allegan, MI 49010 / (269) 673-1500 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Evergreen Manor Senior Care Center / 111 Evergreen / Battle Creek, MI 49015 / (269) 969-6110 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Fairview Nursing and Rehabilitation Community / 441 E Main St / Centreville, MI 49032 / (269) 467-9575 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Grace Healthcare of Three Rivers / 55378 Wilbur Rd / Three Rivers, MI 49093 / (269) 279-7441 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Graceway at Countryside Nursing Home / 120 Baseline Rd / South Haven, MI 49090 / (269) 637-8411 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Hallmark Living Benton Harbor / 1385 E Empire Ave / Benton Harbor, MI 49022 / (269) 925-0033 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Laurels of Kent Nursing Center / 350 N Center St / Lowell, MI 49331 / (616) 897-8473 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Laurels of Mt. Pleasant Nursing Home / 400 South Crapo St / Mount Pleasant, MI 48858 / (989) 773-5918 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of Capital Area Nursing Home / 2100 E Provincial House Dr / Lansing, MI 48910 / (517) 272-4029 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of East Lansing Nursing Center / 1843 N Hagadorn Rd / East Lansing, MI 48823 / (517) 332-5061 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of Marshall Nursing Home / 879 East Michigan Ave / Marshall, MI 49068 / (269) 781-4251 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of Okemos Nursing Home / 5211 Marsh Rd / Okemos, MI 48864 / (517) 319-1400 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of St Clair Nursing Home / 4220 S Hospital Dr / East China, MI 48054 / (810) 329-4736 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Medilodge of Westwood Nursing Home / 2575 N Drake Rd / Kalamazoo, MI 49007 / (269) 342-0206 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mission Point Nursing and Rehab Center of Greenville / 828 E Washington St / Greenville, MI 48838 / (616) 754-7186 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- North Ottawa Care Center / 18525 Woodland Ridge Dr. / Spring Lake, MI 49456 / (616) 842-0770 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Oakview Medical Care Facility Nursing Home / 1000 Diana St / Ludington, MI 49431 / (231) 845-5185 / 2 out of 5 Stars / County-Operated / Website
- Ovid Healthcare Center / 9480 E M-21 / Ovid, MI 48866 / (989) 834-2228 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Pinecrest Medical Care Facility Nursing Home / N15995 Main St. / Powers, MI 49874 / (906) 497-5244 / 2 out of 5 Stars / County-Operated / Website
- Portagepointe Nursing Home / 500 Campus Dr. / Hancock, MI 49930 / (906) 483-1000 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Riveridge Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center / 1333 Wells St / Niles, MI 49120 / (269) 684-1111 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Riverside Healthcare Center / 1149 West Monroe Rd / Saint Louis, MI 48880 / (989) 681-3852 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Sanctuary at the Park Nursing Home / 570 S Harvey St. / Muskegon, MI 49442 / (231) 672-2202 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- SKLD Muskegon Nursing Home / 1061 W Hackley Ave / Muskegon, MI 49441 / (231) 755-2255 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- SKLD Wyoming Nursing Home / 625 36th St Sw / Wyoming, MI 49509 / (616) 531-0200 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- The Lighthouse at Hancock Health and Rehab Nursing Home / 1400 Poplar St / Hancock, MI 49930 / (906) 482-6644 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- The Lighthouse at Ishpeming Health and Rehabilitation Center / 435 Stoneville Rd / Ishpeming, MI 49849 / (906) 485-1073 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Transitional Health Services of Fremont Nursing Home / 4554 W 48th St / Fremont, MI 49412 / (231) 924-3990 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Valley View Care Center / 1050 Four Mile Nw / Grand Rapids, MI 49544 / (616) 784-0646 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit
- West Woods of Bridgman Nursing Home / 9935 Red Arrow Hwy / Bridgman, MI 49106 / (269) 465-3017 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Westgate Nursing and Rehab Community Nursing Home / 1500 North Lowell St. / Ironwood, MI 49938 / (906) 932-3867 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website