legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Fresno Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Abuse and mistreatment occurring in nursing facilities are pervasive problems throughout California. Tragically, the assisted-living homes and nursing facilities entrusted to provide quality care for loved ones fail to properly care for their residents who at their weakest and most vulnerable moments. The network of California nursing home abuse attorneys provide legal help to many victims of gross negligence injured by those in charge.
Medicare regularly collects information on every nursing facility in central California based on data gathered through inspections, surveys, and investigations. The federal agency found that twenty-four (56%) of the forty-three Fresno long-term care centers were identified with severe violations and deficiencies after investigators discovered they were providing substandard resident care.
If your loved one was harmed, exposed to COVID-19, abused, developed an avoidable advance pressure ulcer, or died unexpectedly from mistreatment while living in a long-term care center in Fresno, you have legal rights. We encourage you to contact the Fresno rehab home abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free, no-obligation case review to discuss a financial compensation lawsuit. We are currently representing injured victims exposed to the COVID-19 (Corona) virus affected by the pandemic that started in early 2020.
An Aging Population
Fresno is a thriving community located in the fertile soil of the San Joaquin Valley. It has a population of more than 500,000, where nearly 75,000 are senior citizens 65 years and older. This number is even higher when accounting for the retirees who are living in Fresno and Tulare counties. In recent years, the number of elder citizens has risen substantially as more baby boomers enter their retirement years. Unfortunately, this increase in the aging population has placed a weighty burden on nursing facilities that tend to be overcrowded or understaffed at government-run, for-profit homes, and private non-profits.
Some federal and state statistics place the incidences of assisted living home negligence and mistreatment occurring in retirement homes as increasingly high. In fact, nearly one out of every three nursing facilities have some type of regulatory violation occurring every year. This number is expected to grow exponentially as the next generation enters their elder years.
Central California Resident Senior Services Health Concerns
Finding adequate medical professionals to fill open positions in assisted living homes has become a significant shortfall, as is hiring poorly trained staff members or failing to verify newly hired employees' personal information. Other serious concerns include insufficient staffing during every shift, including on weekends, nights, and holidays. Along with that, many facilities have a lengthy history of mistreatment and abuse of residents caused by a variety of factors, including failing to adhere to federal medical requirements of providing care to its residents to prevent injury or wrongful death.
Older adults are now at risk of exposure to the Corona (COVID-19) virus brought in by family members, visitors, or employees. Without proper care, your loved one can become the victim of a sars-cov-2 or COVID-19 wrongful death or suffer some other chronic physical injury.
Rated Fresno Nursing Facilities
In response to managing public health, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid found that twenty-four (45%) long-term care facilities throughout central California provide their residents with unacceptable care. This statistic garnered from a recent report reveals serious problems associated with the rehab care industry. Our attorneys have compiled the list below to understand better the current ranking of each facility in the area.
Fresno County rehabilitation home neglect lawyers regularly review opened investigations, filed complaints, and health/safety concerns outlined in national senior companion care databases, including Medicare.gov. Our team of dedicated California elder abuse attorneys posts this care home abuse information to assist families in need of locating the best nursing facility in the community to provide a spouse, parent, or grandparent the highest level of health and hygiene care.
Comparing Central California Area Nursing Facilities
The profiles list below contains central California nursing facilities currently maintaining a below-average rating comparable to other senior care facilities throughout the United States. Also, our network of home abuse case lawyers has posted our primary concerns by providing detailed information on specific cases involving potential abuse or mistreatment. Our California law firm has uncovered cases involving severe physical injury, harm, or abuse by the nursing staff, a lack of standards that allows the spread of infectious diseases, and mistreatment.
Information on California Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across California to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Learn more about the cases below:
- California Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuations
- California Nursing Home Fall Case Valuations
Rated Fresno Nursing Homes
Overall Rating of 43 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (8) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (5) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (6) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (15) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (9) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fresno, Illinois Area Facilities
- Bethel Lutheran Home Nursing Center / 2280 Dockery Avenue Selma, CA 93662 / (559) 896-4900 / 1 out of 5 stars / Church-related Non Profit / Website
- Community Subacute and Transitional Care Center / 6720 E. Kings Canyon Fresno, CA 93727 / (559) 251-8414 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Community Subacute and Transitional Care Center / 3003 N Mariposa Fresno, CA 93703 / (559) 459-1711 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non Profit / Website
- Dycora Transitional Health Fowler / 1306 East Sumner Avenue Fowler, CA 93625 / (559) 834-2542 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Golden Living Center - Fresno / 2715 Fresno Street Fresno, CA 93721 / (559) 486-4433 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Horizon Health and Subacute Center / 3034 E Herndon Fresno, CA 93720 / (559) 321-0883 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Kaweah Manor Convalescent Hospital / 3710 West Tulare Avenue Visalia, CA 93277 / (559) 732-2244 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Northpointe Healthcare Centre / 668 E. Bullard Fresno, CA 93710 / (559) 320-2200 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Redwood Springs Healthcare Center / 1925 E. Houston Ave Visalia, CA 93292 / (559) 732-1020 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fresno, Illinois Area Facilities
- Dinuba Healthcare Nursing Center / 1730 South College Ave. Dinuba, CA 93618 / (559) 591-3300 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Dycora Transitional Health - Sanger / 2550 9th Street Sanger, CA 93657 / (559) 875-6501 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Dycora Transitional Health-Manchester / 3408 East Shields Avenue Fresno, CA 93726 / (559) 227-4063 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Fowler Care Center / 8448 East Adams Avenue Fowler, CA 93625 / (559) 834-2519 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Fresno Post-Acute Care / 1233 A Street Fresno, CA 93706 / (559) 268-6317 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Healthcare Centre of Fresno Nursing Center / 1665 M Street Fresno, CA 93721 / (559) 268-5361 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Kingsburg Center Nursing Home / 1101 Stroud Ave Kingsburg, CA 93631 / (559) 897-5881 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Madera Rehabilitation and Nursing Center / 517 South A Street Madera, CA 93638 / (559) 673-9228 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Manning Gardens Care Center / 2113 E. Manning Avenue Fresno, CA 93725 / (559) 834-2586 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Palm Village Retirement Community Nursing Center / 703 W Herbert Ave Reedley, CA 93654 / (559) 638-6933 / 2 out of 5 stars / Church-related Non Profit / Website
- Selma Convalescent Hospital / 2108 Stillman Selma, CA 93662 / (559) 896-4990 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sunnyside Convalescence Hospital / 2939 S. Peach Avenue Fresno, CA 93725 / (559) 233-6248 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Twilight Haven Nursing Center / 1717 S. Winery Avenue Fresno, CA 93727 / (559) 251-8417 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non Profit / Website
- Valley Healthcare Center / 4840 E. Tulare Avenue Fresno, CA 93727 / (559) 251-7161 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Willow Creek Healthcare Center / 650 W. Alluvial Clovis, CA 93611 / (559) 323-6200 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fresno, Illinois Area Facilities
- Delta Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 514 North Bridge Street Visalia, CA 93291 / (559) 732-8614 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Dycora Transitional Health - Galt / 144 F Street Galt, CA 95632 / (209) 745-1537 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Dycora Transitional Health-Reedley / 1090 East Dinuba Avenue Reedley, CA 93654 / (559) 638-3577 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Hacienda Rehabilitation and Health Care Center / 361 E. Grangeville Blvd Hanford, CA 93230 / (559) 582-9221 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Linwood Meadows Care Center / 4444 West Meadow Visalia, CA 93277 / (559) 627-1241 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Westgate Gardens Care Center / 4525 W. Tulare Ave. Visalia, CA 93277 / (559) 733-0901 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fresno, Illinois Area Facilities
- Avalon Health Care-Madera / 1700 Howard Road Madera, CA 93637 / (559) 673-9278 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Hanford Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1007 Wt Lacey Blvd Hanford, CA 93230 / (559) 582-2871 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Kings Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 851 Leslie Lane Hanford, CA 93230 / (559) 582-4414 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oakwood Gardens Care Center / 3510 East Shields Fresno, CA 93726 / (559) 222-4807 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sierra Vista Nursing Center / 3455 East Highland Ave Highland, CA 92346 / (909) 862-6454 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
5 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fresno, Illinois Area Facilities
- Dycora Transitional Health - Clovis / 111 Barstow Ave. Clovis, CA 93612 / (559) 299-2591 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Dycora Transitional Health - Community Care / 3672 N First St Fresno, CA 93726 / (559) 227-5383 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Dycora Transitional Health Memory Care of Fresno / 925 North Cornelia Fresno, CA 93706 / (559) 275-4785 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Kaweah Delta Skilled Nursing Center / 1633 S Court St Visalia, CA 93277 / (559) 624-6037 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non Profit / Website
- Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 577 S. Peach Ave. Fresno, CA 93727 / (559) 251-8463 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sierra View Homes Nursing Center / 1155 E. Springfield Avenue Reedley, CA 93654 / (559) 638-9226 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non Profit / Website
- The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens Village / 5551 N. Fresno St Fresno, CA 93710 / (559) 430-8202 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non Profit
- Veterans Home of California - Fresno / 2811 W California Ave, Fresno, CA Fresno, CA 93706 / (559) 493-4400 / 5 out of 5 stars / State Government-Owned and Operated / Website
When Physical Abuse and Mistreatment Occurs
Not all cases involving mistreatment or abuse are physical, although visible indicators are usually most readily apparent to family and friends when visiting. The most common kinds of injury resulting in civil lawsuits and claims for compensation involve:
- Physical Assault – Typically, visible indicators of physical harm include burns, bruises, broken limbs, dehydration , malnutrition, facility-acquired pressure sores, broken bones and knee injuries, medication overdoses, poor hygiene, and any indication of chemical/physical restraint.
- Sexual Abuse – Any act of non-consensual sexual contact is considered abuse, as is sexual contact with an individual that cannot give consent. Other forms of sexual abuse include sexual acts involving others or forcing someone to watch pornography. Common indicators of sexual abuse include bruises on the breasts and the genital area, torn clothing, and venereal disease.
- Emotional Abuse – Abusive behavior involving humiliation, verbal assaults, intimidation, and threats often leave emotional scars. In many incidences, emotional abuse occurs when an elderly individual is isolated from activities or others, including family and friends. Typically, signs of emotional abuse include fear or appearing intimidated when around others, especially when around staff members or other residents.
- Neglect – Any failure to fulfill a duty or obligation by the nursing staff or employees is considered negligence. Staff members, caregivers, or others can mistreat the resident by failing to administer prescribed medication. They might not provide proper care for developing pressure ulcers , allow the individual to live in unsanitary conditions, fail to bathe the resident, fail to provide a safe environment, or not shelter, nourish or hydrate the victim.
- Financial Exploitation – Many residents are financially exploited when others withdraw funds from their bank account, steal their property, or make unexpected changes in the resident's insurance policies and wills.
- Fraudulent Activity – Under-medicating or overmedicating or making a false entry in a resident's care records are signs of fraudulent activity. Duplicate billing, understaffing, or poorly trained nursing staff could be evidence that the nursing facility is placing profits ahead of the comfort and quality care of its residents.
Long-term care centers, assisted living centers, and rehabilitation facilities are required by law to perform background checks on every employee and ensure that all staff members are adequately trained and supervised by competent managers. Also, the nursing facility is required to provide sanitary living conditions in a safe environment to stop care home abuse and negligence.
Many families with loved ones who developed an advance pressure ulcer, or were injured, harmed, or killed at the hands of their caregivers will hire personal injury lawyers. These attorneys specialize in long-term care center abuse, mistreatment, and neglect that leaves the victim suffering from broken bones, laceration, brain injury, or other chronic conditions.
Hiring a Fresno Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If you or a family member suspects senior care neglect, COVID-19 exposure, or your loved one developed a preventable pressure ulcer in a nursing facility, it is crucial to consult promptly with a reputable Fresno nursing facility liability law firm. The California nursing center abuse lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have represented many elders victimized by caregivers and other residents at their facility. Our network of attorneys takes every step possible to ensure that you and your loved one receive the financial compensation you deserve.
Our Fresno County team of dedicated, experienced attorneys provides legal help to stop abuse, neglect, and mistreatment. With our extensive experience and access to every resource possible, we gather evidence, documentation, medical records, incident reports, doctor's notes, nursing notes, intake/outtake records, and care plans.
For legal advice, we encourage you and your family to contact a California nursing home abuse attorney by calling (800) 926-7565 or using our contact form to schedule your appointment for a full case review. All information you share with our law offices remains confidential. We accept all elderly COVID-19 exposure claims, neglect, wrongful death suits, and personal injury cases through contingency fee agreements. We provide immediate legal representation, advice, and counsel without any upfront fees. All of our legal services are paid after we negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement or win your case at trial.