legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Fort Collins Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys - Part 1
Our Fort Collins nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys have witnessed an increase in the number of criminal and civil home abuse cases occurring in nursing homes throughout Colorado. Most likely, the vast majority of all cases involving home neglect and abuse go unreported. Many victims either do not know what to do to stop the abuse or live in fear of retaliation by the senior home staff in charge of providing them care. Other times, family members do not know what steps to take to stop the unacceptable behavior before it causes their loved one additional harm.
Medicare routinely releases time-sensitive information throughout the year on all nursing facilities in Fort Collins, based on inspections, surveys, and investigations. Currently, the federal database reveals that forty (28%) of the 142 Fort Collins nursing homes were identified by investigators as having severe deficiencies and violations that led to resident home abuse.
The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the long-term care facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease. Many elderly residents are already struggling with advanced comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death. Some severe injuries and preventable deaths result in a nursing home abuse lawsuit and wrongful death case.
Most assisted-living facilities in Colorado are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many senior home administrators lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The home’s lack of protective protocols and their workers’ failure to follow effective United States sanitation procedures have made elder home residents sick with the COVID-19 virus. If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, senior home negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice through a physical injury suit or wrongful death claim.
Was your loved one injured, abused, mistreated, or did they die unexpectedly from neglect while residing in a nursing care facility in Colorado? If so, your family has legal rights. Contact the Fort Collins nursing home abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today. We can schedule a free, no-obligation case review to discuss a monetary recovery claim to ensure you are compensated for your damages. Most suits are settled out of court through a negotiated agreement with the facility’s insurance company.
Fort Collins Senior Community Demographics
Nearly 150,000 residents live within the Fort Collins city limits, and almost 20,000 of those individuals are senior citizens. That number rises even higher when counting all the retirees in Larimer County, especially those residing in Loveland, Rustic, Drake, Buckeye, Estes Park, Wellington, Laporte, Livermore, Norfolk, Kinikinik, Berthoud, Old Roach, and Glen Haven. Many retirees moved to this area years ago because of its beautiful surroundings and quick access to Roosevelt National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park.
However, the significant rise of the aging population throughout north-central Colorado has placed a significant burden on nursing facilities. Additionally, there is a lack of skilled registered nurses, nurses’ aides, and licensed practical nurses in the community who are available to fill many open medical job positions. Due to the overcrowded conditions and a lack of proper staffing, many nursing homes are facing a substantial rise in incidences involving abuse and neglect.
Colorado Nursing Home Resident Safety Concerns
The Colorado senior home neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center LLC serve as legal advocates to elderly home residents from Fort Collins to Boulder and the Denver area. Our team of experienced elder abuse lawyers continuously reviews publicly available data gathered from government websites, including Medicare.gov. These sites detail information on open investigations, safety concerns, and filed complaints involving nursing facilities in the community. We publish this information for families to use as a guide for determining where to place a loved one who requires the best quality care available in north-central Colorado.
Comparing Fort Collins Area Nursing Facilities
Our Fort Collins home abuse lawyers published the list below, on facilities currently maintaining much-above to below-average ratings. Also, home abuse attorneys have listed their primary concerns to provide much-needed information to the public.
Information on Colorado Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our elder home lawyers have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Colorado to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Learn more about the cases below:
- Colorado Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- Colorado Nursing Home Inadequate Care Lawsuits
- Colorado Nursing Home Fall Lawsuit Settlements
- Colorado Nursing Home Bed Sore Lawsuits
- Colorado Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
Overall Rating of 142 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (52) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (33) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (17) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (22) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (18) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fort Collins Area Facilities
- Bethany Nursing and Rehab Center / 5301 W First Ave / Lakewood, CO 80226 / (303) 238-8333 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Boulder Manor Nursing Home / 4685 Baseline Rd / Boulder, CO 80303 / (303) 494-0535 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Center at Centerplace Nursing Home / 4356 24th St Rd / Greeley, CO 80634 / (970) 702-7400 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Fort Collins Health Care Center / 1000 S Lemay Ave / Fort Collins, CO 80524 / (970) 482-7925 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Irondale Post-Acute Nursing Home / 7150 Poplar St / Commerce City, CO 80022 / (303) 289-7110 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Katherine and Charles Hover Green Houses Nursing Home / 1425 Belmont Dr / Longmont, CO 80503 / (303) 772-9292 / 1 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit
- Kenton Manor Nursing Home / 850 27th Ave / Greeley, CO 80634 / (970) 353-1018 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lakewood Villa Healthcare Center / 1625 Simms St / Lakewood, CO 80215 / (303) 238-8161 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lowry Hills Care and Rehab - Kindred Nursing and Rehab / 10201 E Third Ave / Aurora, CO 80010 / (303) 364-3364 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Monte Vista Estates Nursing Home / 2277 East Dr / Monte Vista, CO 81144 / (719) 852-5138 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Peaks Care Center / 1440 Coffman St / Longmont, CO 80501 / (303) 776-2814 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Prospect Park Living Center / 555 Prospect Ave / Estes Park, CO 80517 / (970) 586-8103 / 1 out of 5 Stars / Gov. Hospital district-run
- Ridgeview Post-Acute Nursing Home / 5230 E 66th Wy / Commerce City, CO 80022 / (303) 289-1848 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Sedgwick County Memorial Nursing Home / 901 Cedar St / Julesburg, CO 80737 / (970) 463-6163 / 1 out of 5 Stars / County-Operated
- Sierra Vista Healthcare Center / 821 Duffield Court / Loveland, CO 80537 / (970) 669-0345 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Spring Creek Health Care Center / 1000 E Stuart St / Fort Collins, CO 80525 / (970) 482-5712 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Avantara Crown Point Nursing Center / 9398 Crown Crest Blvd / Parker, CO 80138 / (720) 851-3300 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- University Heights Rehab and Care Community Nursing Home / 656 Dillon Way / Aurora, CO 80011 / (303) 344-0636 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fort Collins Area Facilities
- Accel at Longmont Nursing Home / 1960 S Fordham St / Longmont, CO 80503 / (720) 494-2624 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Alpine Living Center Nursing Home / 501 Thornton Pkwy / Thornton, CO 80229 / (303) 452-6101 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Applewood Living Center / 1800 Stroh Pl / Longmont, CO 80501 / (303) 776-6081 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab - Malley Nursing Home / 401 Malley Dr / Northglenn, CO 80233 / (303) 452-4700 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Bear Creek Center / 150 Spring St / Morrison, CO 80465 / (303) 697-8181 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Berthoud Living Center / 855 Franklin Ave / Berthoud, CO 80513 / (970) 532-2632 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Cedars Healthcare Center / 1599 Ingalls St / Lakewood, CO 80214 / (303) 232-3551 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Center at Lowry Nursing Home / 8550 E Lowry Blvd / Denver, CO 80230 / (303) 676-4000 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Center at Rock Creek Nursing Home / 4880 Ziegler Rd / Fort Collins, CO 80528 / (970) 223-4376 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Cherrelyn Healthcare Center / 5555 S Elati St / Littleton, CO 80120 / (303) 798-8686 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Cherry Creek Nursing Center / 14699 E Hampden Ave / Aurora, CO 80014 / (303) 693-0111 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Christopher House Rehabilitation and Care Community Nursing Home / 6270 W 38th Ave / Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 / (303) 421-2272 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Elms Haven Center / 12080 Bellaire Way / Thornton, CO 80241 / (303) 450-2700 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Golden Peaks Center / 1005 E Elizabeth St / Fort Collins, CO 80524 / (970) 482-2525 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- ManorCare Health Services - Denver Nursing Home / 290 South Monaco Pkwy / Denver, CO 80224 / (303) 355-2525 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Monaco Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center / 895 S Monaco Pkwy / Denver, CO 80224 / (303) 321-3110 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Montage Hills Nursing Home / 2500 S Roslyn St / Denver, CO 80231 / (303) 671-2500 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mountain Vista Health Center / 4800 Tabor St / Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 / (303) 421-4161 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Pearl Street Health and Rehabilitation Center / 3636 South Pearl St / Englewood, CO 80113 / (303) 761-1640 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- San Juan Living Center / 1043 Ridge St / Montrose, CO 81401 / (970) 249-9683 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- St Paul Health Center / 1667 St Paul St / Denver, CO 80206 / (303) 399-2040 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Trinidad Inn Nursing Home / 409 Benedicta Ave / Trinidad, CO 81082 / (719) 846-9291 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Fort Collins Area Facilities
- Autumn Heights Health Care Center / 3131 S Federal Blvd / Denver, CO 80236 / (303) 761-0260 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation Nursing Home / 2025 E Egbert St / Brighton, CO 80601 / (303) 659-4580 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Berkley Manor Care Center / 735 S Locust St / Denver, CO 80224 / (303) 320-4377 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 12975 Sheridan Blvd / Broomfield, CO 80020 / (303) 785-5800 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Colorado State Veterans Home at Fitzsimons / 1919 Quentin St / Aurora, CO 80045 / (720) 857-6400 / 3 out of 5 Stars / State Gov.-Operated / Website
- Good Samaritan Society - Loveland Village Nursing Home / 2101 South Garfield Ave / Loveland, CO 80537 / (970) 669-3100 / 3 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Harmony Pointe Nursing Center / 1655 Yarrow St / Lakewood, CO 80214 / (303) 238-3838 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Jewell Care Center of Denver / 4450 East Jewell Ave / Denver, CO 80222 / (303) 757-7438 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Juniper Village - The Spearly Center / 2205 W 29th Ave / Denver, CO 80211 / (303) 458-1112 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Evergreen / 2987 Bergen Peak Dr / Evergreen, CO 80439 / (303) 674-4500 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mesa Vista of Boulder Nursing Home / 2121 Mesa Dr / Boulder, CO 80304 / (303) 442-4037 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- North Star Rehabilitation and Care Community Nursing Home / 3185 W Arkansas Ave / Denver, CO 80219 / (303) 922-1169 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Park Forest Care Center / 7045 Stuart St / Westminster, CO 80030 / (303) 427-7045 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center / 23500 US Highway 160 / Walsenburg, CO 81089 / (719) 738-5197 / 3 out of 5 Stars / Gov. Hospital district-run / Website
- Sunset Manor Nursing Home / 2200 Edison St. / Brush, CO 80723 / (970) 842-2825 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Washington County Nursing Home / 676 W Greenhouse Dr / Akron, CO 80720 / (970) 345-2211 / 3 out of 5 Stars / County-Operated
- Windsor Healthcare Center / 710 3rd St / Windsor, CO 80550 / (970) 686-7474 / 3 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit