legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Fontana Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Federal and California laws guarantee elderly home residents' specific rights to protect their health and well-being. These rights include the right of access to proper medical care and the right to live in a safe, sanitary environment free of neglect and abuse. The network of California nursing home abuse attorneys have seen many cases where nursing facilities do not honor these rights, where their actions compromise the health and well-being of the residents.
Throughout the year, Medicare routinely collects data on every nursing facility in Fontana based on information gathered through surveys, inspections, and investigations. The federal agency states that, currently, eight (40%) of the twenty Fontana senior homes have been identified with severe deficiencies and violations after was discovered they were providing residents substandard care.
If your loved one was harmed, injured, mistreated, abused, or died unexpectedly from neglect while residing at a nursing center in Fontana, our nursing home abuse lawyer network can protect your family's rights. We invite you to contact Fontana nursing home abuse & neglect the attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today. Schedule a free case evaluation and let us explain your legal options for obtaining monetary recovery through a lawsuit or compensation claim.
We are currently representing injured victims exposed to sars-cov-2 or the COVID-19 (Corona) virus, who were affected by the global pandemic that started in the United States in early 2020.
An Aging Population
Approximately 205,000 individuals live within Fontana city limits out of the more than 2.1 million residents of San Bernardino County, where one of every eleven citizens is sixty-five years or older. Many elder home residents choose to stay in the area in their senior years because of the proximity to amenities and affordable housing. The number of aging residents is expected to grow in the years ahead as many more individuals of the baby boomer generation retire.
This influx of elders has placed a substantial burden on the nursing facilities all throughout the county, where overcrowded conditions and a lack of nursing staff have caused significant problems. The number of nursing home abuse and neglect cases handled by our California elder abuse personal injury attorneys has risen significantly that were filed against negligent doctors, nurses, employees, health care providers, and administrators in nursing facility statewide.
Fontana Nursing Home Resident Health Care Concerns
Many families have no other option than to place a sick or elderly loved one in a nursing facility because they require round-the-clock, specialized care. In many situations, the negligent actions of the nursing staff lead to serious life-threatening infections, dehydration, malnutrition, bedsores, and at times, death.
Our Fontana elder abuse lawyers have represented many nursing home residents and their family members seeking justice and the compensation they deserve. Also, our network of attorneys continuously evaluates, assesses, and reviews information provided by national databases, including Medicare.gov. This data outline specific cases where state surveyors and inspectors investigate filed complaints, hazardous conditions, and dangerous environments in nursing facilities that cause the resident harm, injury, or death. This information tends to be valuable for family members interested in finding the best home residents care center in San Bernardino County that provides the highest level of care.
Comparing San Bernardino County Nursing Facilities
The detailed list below outlines Fontana area nursing facilities that currently maintain below standard ratings compared to other homes throughout the United States. According to federal and state law, every staff member must follow federal regulations as mandated by the federal government and state of California.
Our San Bernardino nursing center neglect lawyers have posted our primary concerns by highlighting specific cases that led to the harm, injury, or death of the nursing home resident. Some cases involve resident-to-resident altercations, substandard nursing care, medication errors, unsupervised accidental falls, medical malpractice, and other deficient practices at the facility that caused the resident harm.
Information on California Caregiver Home Abuse Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts in San Bernardino County and across California in numerous cities, including San Francisco and Los Angeles. Our law firm posts the CMS ranking of government-run facilities, for-profit homes, and private non-profits around Southern California below:
- California Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Inadequate Care Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuations
- California Nursing Home Fall Case Valuations
Overall Rating of 20 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (5) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (6) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (1) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (5) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (3) Much below average
- Arbor Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1200 Springfield Drive Chico, CA 95928 / (530) 342-4885 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Riverside Convalescent Hospital / 375 Cohasset Rd Chico, CA 95926 / (530) 343-5595 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Windsor Chico Creek Care and Rehabilitation Center / 587 Rio Lindo Ave Chico, CA 95926 / (530) 345-1306 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Brentwood Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1795 Walnut S Red Bluff, CA 96080 / (530) 527-2046 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mayers Memorial Hospital / 43563 Hwy 299 E Fall River Mills, CA 96028 / (530) 336-5511 / 2 out of 5 stars / Government - Hospital District Operated / Website
- Seneca District Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility / 130 Brentwood Dr Chester, CA 96020 / (530) 258-2151 / 2 out of 5 stars / Government - Hospital District Operated / Website
- Trinity Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility / 60 Easter Ave Weaverville, CA 96093 / (530) 623-5541 / 2 out of 5 stars / Government - Hospital District Operated / Website
- Windsor Redding Care Center / 2490 Court Street Redding, CA 96001 / (530) 246-0600 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- California Park Rehabilitation Hospital / 2850 Sierra Sunrise Terrace Chico, CA 95928 / (530) 894-1010 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Copper Ridge Care Center / 201 Hartnell Avenue Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 222-2273 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oak River Rehab Nursing Center / 3300 Franklin Street Anderson, CA 96007 / (530) 365-0025 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Quartz Hill Post-Acute Nursing Center / 2120 Benton Dr Redding, CA 96003 / (530) 243-6317 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Shasta View Estates Nursing Center / 445 Park Street Weed, CA 96094 / (530) 938-4429 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Vibra Hospital of Northern California Skilled Nursing Facility / 2801 Eureka Way Redding, CA 96001 / (530) 245-4112 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Windsor Chico Care Center / 188 Cohasset Lane Chico, CA 95926 / (530) 343-6084 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Crestwood Wellness and Recovery Center / 3062 Churn Creek Rd. Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 221-0976 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Marquis Care at Shasta Nursing Center / 3550 Churn Creek Rd. Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 222-3630 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Red Bluff Health Care Center / 555 Luther Road Red Bluff, CA 96080 / (530) 527-6232 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Redding Post-Acute Nursing Center / 1836 Gold Street Redding, CA 96001 / (530) 241-6756 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Veterans Home of California - Redding / 3400 Knighton Rd Redding, CA 96002 / (530) 224-3300 / 5 out of 5 stars / State Government Owned and Operated / Website
When a Resident is Injured
Many nursing home abuse cases reveal that residents suffer severe injury or death due to a lack of assistance or improper care. In many situations, the resident becomes dehydrated or malnourished because they do not receive assistive support when they no longer having the capacity to feed themselves. Other times, the injury is the result of medical staff administering the wrong drug or failing to provide the resident with much-needed medical attention.
Residents who use wheelchairs or are bed-ridden can quickly develop life-threatening and painful bedsores. A failure of the nursing staff to reposition a mobility-challenged resident or bathing them routinely can cause a decline in their health due to open wounds that appear on the resident's skin.
Family members are often horrified when they learn that the decline of their loved one's health could have been prevented had appropriate care been given. Often, severe medical conditions go undiagnosed because the staff is not adequately trained, or the facility is understaffed and not able to accommodate the health and hygiene needs of its residents. Because of that, families will hire skilled personal injury attorneys who specialize in nursing home abuse cases to stop the harm immediately.
Hiring a Fontana Nursing Home Abuse Injury Attorney Now
The Fontana nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC fight aggressively to protect the rights of all aging and disabled nursing home residents who have suffered severe harm and injury due to the improper conduct of the nursing staff. We accept every kind of nursing home negligence and abuse case, including those that involve:
- Failure of a staff member to provide an appropriate level of care.
- An injury suffered by the resident caused by a fall or other accident due to abandonment, lack of monitoring, or negligence.
- Failure to provide every resident with appropriate medical attention, including prescription medications.
- A failure to provide the resident with information about available Medicare and Medicaid services
- Victims of physical abuse, sexual abuse, home neglect, emotional abuse, psychological abuse and those injured by health care violations
- Facility acquired pressure ulcers caused by a failure to provide proper care or medical malpractice.
We encourage you to contact our San Bernardino County personal injury law firm by calling (800) 926-7565 today to schedule your free , full case review. You are likely entitled to receive compensatory and punitive damages. We accept all personal injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement means you receive immediate legal representation without paying our law offices any upfront fee.
Our personal injury lawyer affiliate team is now taking legal action on COVID-19 (Corona) Virus exposure claims. Our trial lawyer team and accident attorneys can provide immediate legal advice on how to move your case forward for compensation.