legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Columbus, GA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Our Columbus, Georgia senior home abuse and neglect attorneys have seen a historical rise in the number of civil and criminal cases involving mistreatment, neglect, and abuse in Georgia nursing facilities.
While the increase is alarming, the volumes of cases likely do not include other incidences of abusive behavior and negligence never reported to legal authorities. Many victims of physical assault, verbal abuse, mistreatment, or neglect by other residents or caregivers are afraid to speak out or unsure of what to do.
If your loved one was injured, abused, mistreated, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in a Columbus, GA nursing facility, your family has legal rights.
Contact the network of Georgia nursing home abuse attorneys (800-926-7565) today for a free, no-obligation claim evaluation. Let’s discuss a financial compensation lawsuit to ensure you receive a monetary recovery for your legal issue damages.Columbus, Georgia Senior Citizen Demographics
Nearly 20,000 of the more than 185,000 residents living within the Columbus, Georgia area are senior citizens.
The number of elderly individuals is significantly higher when counting the residents of Muscogee County, including senior citizens who live in Box Springs, Fort Benning, Smiths Station, Bibb City, and Landonia.
The rising number of elders living in Muscogee County has placed a significant demand for more beds in nursing facilities, assisted-living homes, and rehabilitation centers statewide.
However, many nursing home administrators are unable to hire enough qualified healthcare professionals, including RNs, LPNs, and CNAs, to ensure that every resident’s health and hygiene needs are met.
A lack of proper staffing in overcrowded caregiving facilities and a failure to provide senior services has resulted in increasing negligence and abusive behavior of residents requiring high-quality caregiving.
The Columbus nursing home abuse lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center LLC legally represent many assisted living center residents to ensure their rights to dignity and respect are protected.
Using our years of experience, we review data on all facilities throughout the Columbus, Georgia area using information pulled from national databases, including Medicare.gov.
Our Columbus, GA nursing home abuse lawyers post this information to assist families who must place a loved one in the hands of professional caregivers in their community.The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) revealed that the COVID-19 pandemic is hitting the caregiving facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease.
Many nursing home residents are already struggling with comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death.
Columbus, GA assisted-living facilities are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many of these facilities lacked efficient screening of staff members, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The nursing home’s lack of protective protocols and their staff members’ failure to follow effective sanitation procedures have made elder home patients sick with the COVID-19 virus. If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of any virus, your family deserves justice.
File a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Claim Today (800) 926-7565
To maintain public health, Medicare routinely collects data on every nursing facility in Columbus, Georgia, based on information gathered through investigations, inspections, and surveys.
Currently, the database shows that inspectors found serious violations and deficiencies at forty-one (38%) of the 109 Columbus area senior homes that resulted in the harm of patients.
Our Columbus, Georgia nursing home abuse lawyers posted the list below outlining senior caregiving homes throughout Muscogee County that currently maintain average to below-average ratings.
Our legal team has detailed their primary concerns that include a lack of quality care, failure to prevent infections from spreading, incidences of abuse, and failure to ensure that the caregiving center remains sanitary.
Learn more information about the government-run centers, nursing facilities, and private non-profit local area centers below that provide services for the older adult population and their abuse and neglect rating:Overall Rating of 109 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (21) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (26) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (21) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (13) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (28) Much below average
- May 2020
- Azalea Trace Nursing Home / 910 Talbotton Rd / Columbus, GA 31904 / (706) 323-9513 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Blue Ridge Healthcare Camellia Nursing Home/ 1300 E South Blvd / Montgomery, AL 36116 / (334) 593-7724 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Canterbury Health Care Center/ 1720 Knowles Road / Phenix City, AL 36869 / (334) 291-0485 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation Center / 3520 Kenneth Drive / Macon, GA 31206 / (478) 781-7553 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Diversicare of Montgomery Center / 2020 North Country Club Drive / Montgomery, AL 36106 / (334) 263-1643 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Douglasville Rehabilitation Center / 4028 Hwy 5 / Douglasville, GA 30135 / (770) 942-7111 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Fairburn Health Care Center / 178 West Campbellton Street / Fairburn, GA 30213 / (770) 964-1320 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center / 2048 W Fairview Ave / Montgomery, AL 36108 / (334) 834-5590 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Fort Valley Health and Rehab Center / 604 Bluebird Boulevard / Fort Valley, GA 31030 / (478) 825-2031 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Fountain Blue Rehab Center / 3051 Whiteside Road / Macon, GA 31216 / (478) 788-1421 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Joe-Anne Burgin Rehab Home / 321 Randolph Street / Cuthbert, GA 39840 / (229) 732-2288 / 1 out of 5 stars / County-run / Website
- Lafayette Nursing Home / 555 B Street SW / Lafayette, AL 36862 / (334) 864-9371 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Lagrange Health and Rehab Center / 2111 West Point Road / Lagrange, GA 30240 / (706) 812-9293 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Laurel Park At Henry Med Center / 1050 Hospital Drive / Stockbridge, GA 30281 / (770) 507-3840 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Medical Management Health and Rehab Center / 1509 Cedar Ave / Macon, GA 31204 / (478) 743-4678 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Muscogee Manor and Rehabilitation Center / 7150 Manor Road / Columbus, GA 31906 / (706) 561-3218 / 1 out of 5 stars / County-run / Website
- Newnan Health and Rehabilitation Center / 244 East Broad Street / Newnan, GA 30263 / (770) 253-7160 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Oak Park Nursing Home/ 1365 Gatewood Drive / Auburn, AL 36830 / (334) 826-7200 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Pioneer Health of Central Georgia / 712 Patterson Street / Byromville, GA 31007 / (478) 433-5711 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Providence Healthcare Center / 1011 South Green Street / Thomaston, GA 30286 / (706) 647-6693 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Fairburn Rehab Center / 7560 Butner Road / Fairburn, GA 30213 / (770) 306-7878 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Greenville Rehab Center / 99 Hillhaven Rd. / Greenville, GA 30222 / (706) 672-4241 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Monroe Nursing Home / 4796 Highway 42 North / Forsyth, GA 31029 / (478) 994-5662 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Renaissance Center Rehab Home / 415 Airport Road / Griffin, GA 30223 / (770) 227-8636 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- River Towne Center Nursing Center / 5131 Warm Springs Rd / Columbus, GA 31909 / (706) 561-1371 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Roberta Health and Rehab Center / 420 Mytle Drive / Roberta, GA 31078 / (478) 836-3101 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Warm Springs Med Center Caregiving Home / 5995 Spring Street / Warm Springs, GA 31830 / (706) 655-3331 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Warner Robins Rehabilitation Center / 1601 Elberta Road / Warner Robins, GA 31088 / (478) 922-2241 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Arrowhead Health and Rehab Center / 239 Arrowhead Boulevard / Jonesboro, GA 30236 / (770) 478-3013 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Carrollton Manor Health Center / 2455 Oak Grove Church Road / Carrollton, GA 30117 / (770) 834-1737 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- EAMC Lanier Rehab Home / 4800 48Th Street / Valley, AL 36854 / (334) 756-1401 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Merry Wood Lodge Rehabilitation Center / P O Box 130 / Elmore, AL 36025 / (334) 567-8484 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Montgomery Health and Rehab Center / 4490 Virginia Loop Road / Montgomery, AL 36116 / (334) 281-6826 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Orchard View Rehabilitation and SNF / 8414 Whitesville Road / Columbus, GA 31907 / (706) 225-1100 / 2 out of 5 stars / Goevernment-run / Website
- Phenix City Health Rehab Center / 3900 Lakewood Drive / Phenix City, AL 36867 / (334) 298-8247 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Pine Knoll Rehab Center / 156 Pine Knoll Drive / Carrollton, GA 30117 / (770) 832-8243 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Franklin Rehab Center / 360 South River Road / Franklin, GA 30217 / (706) 675-6674 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Macon Rehab Center / 2255 Anthony Road / Macon, GA 31204 / (478) 784-7900 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Peake Nursing Center / 6190 Peake Road / Macon, GA 31220 / (478) 471-7474 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Summerhill Elderliving Home and Rehab Center / 500 Stanley Street / Perry, GA 31069 / (478) 987-3100 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Taylor County Health and Rehabilitation Center / 165 South Broad Street / Butler, GA 31006 / (478) 862-2220 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
Our Columbus senior home attorneys recognize that any failure to provide appropriate care, proper levels of maintenance, and housekeeping services can place the health and well-being of patients in jeopardy.
A deficient practice might lead to an unsanitary, disorderly, or uncomfortable situation. The home’s failure might be considered negligence or mistreatment of patients if the staff does not follow the established policies and procedures adopted or enacted by the nursing center.
File a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Case Today (800) 926-7565
The thought of a loved one being neglected or abused in a nursing center can be disturbing. Unfortunately, many families face these challenges every day when a parent, grandparent, or spouse receives substandard care while residing in a Georgia nursing care facility.
The cases involving harm caused by the unacceptable behavior of caregivers and other patients have increased at an alarming rate.
Sadly, many families are unaware that nursing home abuse and neglect occurred until long after their loved one was severely harmed. It might be challenging to detect ‘not so visible’ signs that neglect or abuse is occurring. The most common signs and symptoms of nursing home abuse and neglect include:
- Sudden unexplainable weight loss,
- Pressure sores acquired after admittance to the center,
- Overmedication or over-sedation by the nursing staff to chemically restrain the resident,
- Unexplained broken bones, bruising, or fractures that might be the result of physical assault or lack of supervision that leads to a fall,
- Bruises and marks on the arms, hands, legs, and ankles that might indicate signs of physical restraint using belts, harnesses, or other material,
- Signs of dehydration and malnutrition where the resident is not provided adequate liquids and nourishment,
- Non-consensual contact resulting in sexual abuse, physical abuse, or emotional abuse,
- A patient who was visibly depressed or angry,
- Social isolation where the employee denies the resident to access to support groups, religious gatherings, or senior companions,
- A serious injury including an advanced brain injury or knee injuries caused by the employee's failures to provide ongoing supervision,
- Home neglect that leads to developing bedsore, pressure wounds and decubitus ulcers,
- Signs of quiet apprehension or intense fear when nurses or other residents are in view,
- Administrators, nurses, and supervisors who fail to notify families, social services, state agencies, or local police when the resident suffers from home abuse that results in physical injury.
If you notice any of the above signs or symptoms of abuse and neglect, it is your duty as your loved one’s advocate to speak out and act immediately.
Many families choose to hire nursing home abuse lawyers who specialize in Columbus nursing home abuse cases to work on their behalf as a legal advocate to stop the unacceptable behavior now.
Filing a nursing home abuse claim or lawsuit to receive financial recompense against the nursing center can be complicated. Because of that, many choose to hire a skilled attorney who understands comprehensive Georgia tort law.
The quick action of an attorney who is experienced in abuse cases can stop the harm against your loved one immediately.
The Columbus nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC represent many victims of mistreatment, neglect, or abuse who live in a care facility.
Our elder home attorneys can offer numerous legal options to move your case forward by gathering information, investigating your claim, building a solid case, and negotiating your claim to obtain financial compensation.
In many incidents, quick action is required. Because of that, we urge you to contact our Columbus elder abuse law offices by calling (800) 926-7565, or using the contact form, to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation for legal advice.
All information you share with our network of attorneys will remain confidential. We accept nursing home abuse cases, wrongful death lawsuits, and personal injury claims through contingency fee agreements.
This arrangement ensures that our fees are paid only after we have negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement or from your jury award.