legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Colorado Springs Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Our Colorado Springs personal injury attorney affiliate network has seen a significant increase in the number of criminal and civil cases involving neglect and abuse in nursing facilities throughout Central Colorado. Sadly, many cases of neglect and abuse go unreported or undocumented because the victim lives in fear of retaliation, or family members are unaware of what is happening.
Officials from the Medicare national center releases information every month on all senior care homes in Colorado Springs, based on the data gathered through inspections, surveys, and investigations. The federal agency states that forty-three (28%) of the 152 Colorado Springs senior homes were identified with severe violations and deficiencies that resulted in providing substandard care. These failings by staff members led to resident injuries.
The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the nursing facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease. Many nursing center residents are already struggling with advanced comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death. Some severe injuries and preventable deaths result in a medical malpractice case and wrongful death lawsuit.
Most assisted-living facilities in Colorado are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many of these centers lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The home’s lack of protective protocols and their workers’ failure to follow effective United States sanitation procedures have made elder home residents sick with the COVID-19 virus. If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice through a physical injury suit or wrongful death claim.
Was your loved one was injured, mistreated, abused, or died unexpectedly from neglect while residing in a nursing facility in Colorado Springs. If so, we invite you to contact our Colorado Springs elderly abuse lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free case review to discuss a financial compensation claim.
Colorado Springs Senior Community Demographics
Out of the more than 431,000 residents living within the Colorado Springs city limits, nearly 50,000 of them are senior citizens. This number had risen significantly over the last few decades when many families and elders moved into the area to enjoy local amenities and beautiful surroundings year-round.
Unfortunately, the increasing population of elderly residents in the community has placed a significant burden on nursing centers who are facing challenges in meeting the overcrowded conditions.
The insufficient number of beds and the lack of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nursing aides in the Colorado Springs community has caused many nursing facilities to become short-staffed and unable to meet the health and hygiene requirements of their residents. As a result, there has been a significant rise in the incidence rates of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment occurring in many nursing facilities in the area.
Colorado Springs Nursing Home Resident Safety Concerns
The Colorado Springs nursing home neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC serve as legal advocates to nursing home residents. Our Colorado elder abuse lawyers provide various legal options to protect victims’ rights. Our law firm continuously monitors publicly available records involving nursing centers with open investigations, filed complaints, and safety concerns. We review this information on the national Medicare.gov website portal and post our primary concerns.
Comparing Colorado Springs Area Nursing Facilities
Our Colorado Springs Colorado home abuse attorneys have outlined the information on the facilities listed below that currently maintain average to below-average ratings. Our lawyers focus their primary concerns on the accident hazards, safety conditions, substandard care, resident-to-resident home abuse, and a lack of proper care, causing residents serious harm.
Information on Colorado Senior Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our senior home lawyers have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Colorado to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Learn more about the home neglect cases below:
- Colorado Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- Colorado Nursing Home Inadequate Care Lawsuits
- Colorado Nursing Home Fall Lawsuit Settlements
- Colorado Nursing Home Bed Sore Lawsuits
- Colorado Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
Overall Rating of 152 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (52) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (31) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (26) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (27) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (16) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Colorado Springs Area Facilities
- Aspen Living Center Nursing Home / 1795 Monterey Rd / Colorado Springs, CO 80910 / (719) 471-7850 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Bethany Nursing and Rehab Center / 5301 W First Ave / Lakewood, CO 80226 / (303) 238-8333 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Castle Rock Care Center / 4001 Home St / Castle Rock, CO 80108 / (303) 688-3174 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Irondale Post-Acute Nursing Home / 7150 Poplar St / Commerce City, CO 80022 / (303) 289-7110 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Lakewood Villa Healthcare Center / 1625 Simms St / Lakewood, CO 80215 / (303) 238-8161 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lowry Hills Care and Rehab - Kindred Nursing and Rehab / 10201 E Third Ave / Aurora, CO 80010 / (303) 364-3364 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Palisades Living Center / 151 E 3rd St / Palisade, CO 81526 / (970) 464-7500 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Pioneer Health Care Center / 900 S 12Th St / Rocky Ford, CO 81067 / (719) 254-3314 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Pueblo Center Nursing Home / 2611 Jones Ave / Pueblo, CO 81004 / (719) 564-1735 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Ridgeview Post-Acute Nursing Home / 5230 E 66th Wy / Commerce City, CO 80022 / (303) 289-1848 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Rock Canyon Respiratory and Rehabilitation Center / 2515 Pitman Pl / Pueblo, CO 81004 / (719) 564-0550 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Southeast Colorado Hospital Long-Term Care Center / 373 East 10Th Ave / Springfield, CO 81073 / (719) 523-4501 / 1 out of 5 Stars / Gov. Hospital district-run / Website
- Sterling Living Center / 1420 S 3rd Ave / Sterling, CO 80751 / (970) 522-2933 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Avantara Crown Point Nursing Center / 9398 Crown Crest Blvd / Parker, CO 80138 / (720) 851-3300 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Union Printers Home / 101 S Union Blvd / Colorado Springs, CO 80910 / (719) 634-3711 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- University Heights Rehab and Care Community Nursing Home / 656 Dillon Way / Aurora, CO 80011 / (303) 344-0636 / 1 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Colorado Springs Area Facilities
- Alpine Living Center Nursing Home / 501 Thornton Pkwy / Thornton, CO 80229 / (303) 452-6101 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab - Malley Nursing Home / 401 Malley Dr / Northglenn, CO 80233 / (303) 452-4700 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Bear Creek Center / 150 Spring St / Morrison, CO 80465 / (303) 697-8181 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Cedars Healthcare Center / 1599 Ingalls St / Lakewood, CO 80214 / (303) 232-3551 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Cedarwood Health Care Center / 924 W Kiowa St / Colorado Springs, CO 80905 / (719) 636-5221 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Center at Lowry Nursing Home / 8550 E Lowry Blvd / Denver, CO 80230 / (303) 676-4000 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Cherrelyn Healthcare Center / 5555 S Elati St / Littleton, CO 80120 / (303) 798-8686 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Cherry Creek Nursing Center / 14699 E Hampden Ave / Aurora, CO 80014 / (303) 693-0111 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Cheyenne Mountain Center / 835 Tenderfoot Hill Rd / Colorado Springs, CO 80906 / (719) 576-8380 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Christopher House Rehabilitation and Care Community Nursing Home / 6270 W 38th Ave / Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 / (303) 421-2272 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Elms Haven Center / 12080 Bellaire Way / Thornton, CO 80241 / (303) 450-2700 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lincoln Community Hospital Nursing Home / 111 - 6th St. / Hugo, CO 80821 / (719) 743-2421 / 2 out of 5 Stars / County-Operated
- Manorcare Health Services - Denver Nursing Home / 290 South Monaco Pkwy / Denver, CO 80224 / (303) 355-2525 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mantey Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center / 2825 Patterson Rd / Grand Junction, CO 81506 / (970) 242-7356 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Medallion Post-Acute Rehabilitation Nursing Home / 1719 E Bijou St / Colorado Springs, CO 80909 / (719) 381-4963 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Minnequa Medicenter / 2701 California St / Pueblo, CO 81004 / (719) 561-1300 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Monaco Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center / 895 S Monaco Pkwy / Denver, CO 80224 / (303) 321-3110 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Montage Hills Nursing Home / 2500 S Roslyn St / Denver, CO 80231 / (303) 671-2500 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Mountain Vista Health Center / 4800 Tabor St / Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 / (303) 421-4161 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Namaste Alzheimer Center / 2 Penrose Blvd / Colorado Springs, CO 80906 / (719) 442-4240 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center / 3625 Parkmoor Village Dr / Colorado Springs, CO 80917 / (719) 550-0200 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Pearl Street Health and Rehabilitation Center / 3636 South Pearl St / Englewood, CO 80113 / (303) 761-1640 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Pikes Peak Center / 2719 North Union Blvd / Colorado Springs, CO 80909 / (719) 636-1676 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- St Paul Health Center / 1667 St Paul St / Denver, CO 80206 / (303) 399-2040 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit / Website
- Sunny Vista Living Center / 2445 E Cache La Poudre / Colorado Springs, CO 80909 / (719) 471-8700 / 2 out of 5 Stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Terrace Gardens Healthcare Center / 2438 E Fountain Blvd / Colorado Springs, CO 80910 / (719) 473-8000 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit
- Yuma Life Care Center / 323 West 9th Ave / Yuma, CO 80759 / (970) 848-5804 / 2 out of 5 Stars / For-Profit