legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Chattanooga Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Families always have the best intention when placing an elderly parent, grandparent, or spouse in a nursing facility. Many of these nursing centers describe their place as an idyllic environment where the loved one will receive compassionate and proper care by competent nursing staff. While it seems like the ideal solution, the accurate picture of reality often involves nursing home residents that live in less than a perfect environment. The Tennessee nursing home abuse lawyers have handled many cases where the resident was ignored, isolated, physically attacked, emotionally, and mentally abused or neglected, stripped of respect and dignity, or provided substandard care.The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the nursing facility industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the advanced battle against the viral disease. Many nursing center elderly individuals are already struggling with comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other severe medical conditions that can lead to their death.
Many Tennessee assisted-living facilities are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many of these Centers lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, family members, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The home’s lack of protective protocols and their workers’ failure to follow effective sanitation procedures have made elder home residents sick with the sars-cov-2 or COVID-19 virus. Did your loved one contract the coronavirus? Home abuse or negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed life-threatening home injuries, suffered a brain injury, or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice.Looking for Signs of Abuse and Mistreatment
Abuse and neglect occurring in nursing facilities are often difficult to recognize. Many of the signs and symptoms are covered up by the nursing facility staff, employees, other residents, and even the victims themselves. In fact, in many incidences, the victim will remain completely silent in fear of retaliation of an angry caregiver or another resident who has to cause them harm.
The number of incidences involving abuse and neglect has been rising significantly over the last few decades. It is not surprising seeing how the number of elderly residents within the Chattanooga Tennessee city limits has top well over 22,000 out of the 175,000 residents. This number is even higher when counting for all the retirees living all throughout Hamilton County. Many of the local area nursing facilities have become significantly overcrowded to keep up with the high demand for skilled nursing beds and the shortage of qualified medical personnel to meet the needs of their residents.Medicare Database
Medicare regularly releases publicly available information on every nursing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee, based on data gathered through inspections, surveys, and investigations. Currently, the national database reveals that surveyors identified serious violations and deficiencies at twenty-eight (40%) of the seventy Chattanooga nursing facilities that provide their residents with substandard care. If your loved one was mistreated, abused, injured, or died unexpectedly from home neglect while living in a Tennessee nursing facility, let our team of dedicated lawyers provide legal advice and protect your rights. Contact the Chattanooga home residents abuse & neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center for legal help.Chattanooga Senior Home Resident Health Concerns
The cases involving neglect and abuse in nursing facilities has grown to epidemic proportions. Often, the owners and operators of senior care homes care more about generating profits than providing an enjoyable, safe environment for elderly residents. To help, our Chattanooga elder abuse attorneys continuously post information about safety concerns, health violations, opened investigations, and filed complaints from publicly available databases, including Medicare.gov.
Many families choose to use this information is an effective solution for determining where to place a loved one who requires the best care in the safest environment. Others value this data to understand better the level of care their loved one might be receiving while already residing in a Chattanooga area nursing facility.Comparing Chattanooga Area Nursing Facilities
The list below has been compiled by our Tennessee nursing home residents’ network of attorneys that details every nursing facility throughout the Chattanooga area currently maintaining substandard readings in comparison to other facilities nationwide. Also, our law office as posted our primary concerns about specific cases at each of these facilities that contributed to their low ratings as determined by state and federal surveyors, inspectors, and investigators. Some of these cases involve substandard care, a failure to control the spread of infection, medication errors, poor hiring practices, and other serious problems.Information on Tennessee Elder Home Abuse Lawsuits
Our attorneys have compiled data from settlements and jury verdicts across Tennessee to give you an idea as to how cases are valued. Learn more about the cases below:
- Tennessee Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuation
- Tennessee Nursing Home Abuse Valuation
- Tennessee Nursing Home Fall Cases
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (15) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (12) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (15) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (20) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (8) Much below average
May 20201 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Chattanooga Area Facilities
- Laurelbrook Sanitarium Nursing Home / 200 Sanitarium Circle / Dayton, TN 37321 / (423) 775-0771 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Life Care Center of Copper Basin / 166 Copper Basin Industrial Park / Ducktown, TN 37326 / (423) 496-3245 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Red Bank / 1020 Runyan Dr / Chattanooga, TN 37405 / (423) 877-1155 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Madison Pointe Center for Rehabilitation and Healing Center / 465 Isbill Rd / Madisonville, TN 37354 / (423) 442-3990 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Northside Health Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 202 East MTCS Rd / Murfreesboro, TN 37130 / (615) 849-8748 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Raintree Manor Nursing Center / 415 Pace St. / McMinnville, TN 37110 / (931) 668-2011 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Waters of Shelbyville Nursing Center / 835 Union St. / Shelbyville, TN 37160 / (931) 680-2300 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Wyndridge Health and Rehab Center / 456 Wayne Ave / Crossville, TN 38555 / (931) 484-6129 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Bledsoe County Nursing Home / 107 Wheelertown Ave / Pikeville, TN 37367 / (423) 447-6811 / 2 out of 5 stars / County-operated
- Community Care of Rutherford Nursing Center / 901 County Farm Rd / Murfreesboro, TN 37127 / (615) 893-2624 / 2 out of 5 stars / County-operated / Website
- Donalson Care Center / 1681 Winchester Hwy / Fayetteville, TN 37334 / (931) 433-7156 / 2 out of 5 stars / County-operated / Website
- Etowah Health Care Center / 409 Grady Rd / Etowah, TN 37331 / (423) 263-1138 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Harriman Care and Rehab Center / 240 Hannah Rd / Harriman, TN 37748 / (865) 882-9159 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Health Center at Standifer Place / 2626 Walker Rd / Chattanooga, TN 37421 / (423) 490-1599 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Horizon Health and Rehab Center / 811 Keylon St. / Manchester, TN 37355 / (931) 450-5150 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Life Care Center of Cleveland Nursing Home / 3530 Keith St NW / Cleveland, TN 37311 / (423) 476-3254 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Crossville / 80 Justice St / Crossville, TN 38555 / (931) 484-4782 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Rhea County / 10055 Rhea County Hwy / Dayton, TN 37321 / (423) 847-6777 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Manchester Health Care Center / 395 Interstate Dr. / Manchester, TN 37355 / (931) 723-8744 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Murfreesboro Nursing Center / 420 N University St / Murfreesboro, TN 37130 / (615) 893-2602 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare of Monteagle Rehab and Wellness / 26 Second St. / Monteagle, TN 37356 / (931) 924-2041 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare of Rockwood Rehab and Wellness / 5580 Roane State Hwy / Rockwood, TN 37854 / (865) 354-3366 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare of South Pittsburg Rehab and Wellness / 201 East 10th St. / South Pittsburg, TN 37380 / (423) 837-7981 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Soddy - Daisy Health Care Center / 701 Sequoyah Rd / Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379 / (423) 332-0060 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Spring City Care and Rehabilitation Center / 331 Hinch St. / Spring City, TN 37381 / (423) 365-4355 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Standing Stone Care and Rehab Center / 410 W Crawford Ave / Monterey, TN 38574 / (931) 839-2244 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Waters of Winchester Nursing Center / 1360 Bypass Rd / Winchester, TN 37398 / (931) 967-7082 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Woodland Terrace Care and Rehab Center / 8249 Standifer Gap Rd / Chattanooga, TN 37421 / (423) 892-1716 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Bethesda Health Care Center / 444 One Eleven Place / Cookeville, TN 38501 / (931) 525-6655 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Boulevard Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Home / 1530 Middle Tennessee Blvd / Murfreesboro, TN 37130 / (615) 896-4505 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Bradley Health Care and Rehab / 2910 Peerless Rd / Cleveland, TN 37312 / (423) 472-7116 / 3 out of 5 stars / County-operated / Website
- Elk River Health and Rehabilitation of Fayetteville / 4081 Thornton Taylor Pkwy / Fayetteville, TN 37334 / (931) 433-9973 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Elk River Health and Rehabilitation of Winchester / 32 Memorial Dr. / Winchester, TN 37398 / (931) 967-0200 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center / 1101 Glen Oaks Rd / Shelbyville, TN 37160 / (931) 684-8340 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Athens / 1234 Frye St. / Athens, TN 37371 / (423) 745-8181 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Tullahoma / 1715 N Jackson St / Tullahoma, TN 37388 / (931) 455-8557 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - McMinnville Nursing Center / 928 Old Smithville Rd / McMinnville, TN 37110 / (931) 473-8431 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Renaissance Terrace Nursing Center / 257 Patton Ln / Harriman, TN 37748 / (865) 354-3941 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Southern Tennessee Medical Center Skilled Nursing Facility / 629 Hospital Rd / Winchester, TN 37398 / (931) 967-8249 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Sweetwater Nursing Center / 978 Hwy 11 South / Sweetwater, TN 37874 / (423) 337-6631 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Tennessee Veterans Home Nursing Center / PO Box 10299 / Murfreesboro, TN 37129 / (615) 895-8850 / 3 out of 5 stars / State-owned
- Trinity Health and Rehabilitation Center / 700 Williams Ferry Rd / Lenoir City, TN 37771 / (865) 986-3583 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Wharton Nursing Home / 878-880 West Main St. / Pleasant Hill, TN 38578 / (931) 277-3511 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Alexian Village of Tennessee Nursing Center / 671 Alexian Way / Signal Mountain, TN 37377 / (423) 886-0100 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Generations Center of Spencer / 87 Generations Dr. / Spencer, TN 38585 / (931) 946-7768 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Grace Healthcare of Decatur / 332 River Rd / Decatur, TN 37322 / (423) 334-0002 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Life Care Center of East Ridge / 1502 McDonald Rd / Chattanooga, TN 37412 / (423) 894-1254 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Ooltewah / 5911 Snow Hill Rd / Ooltewah, TN 37363 / (423) 531-0600 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Athens Nursing Center / 1204 Frye St / Athens, TN 37303 / (423) 745-0434 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Cookeville Nursing Center / 815 South Walnut Ave / Cookeville, TN 38501 / (931) 528-5516 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Sparta Nursing Center / 34 Gracey St / Sparta, TN 38583 / (931) 836-2211 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- River Grove Health and Rehabilitation Center / 1520 Grove St / Loudon, TN 37774 / (865) 458-5436 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Stones River Manor Nursing Center / 205 Haynes Dr. / Murfreesboro, TN 37129 / (615) 893-5617 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Wood Presbyterian Home Nursing Center / 520 Old Hwy 68 / Sweetwater, TN 37874 / (423) 351-1105 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Woodbury Health and Rehabilitation Center / 119 West High St. / Woodbury, TN 37190 / (615) 563-5939 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Adams Place Nursing Center / 1927 Memorial Blvd / Murfreesboro, TN 37129 / (615) 904-9111 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Good Samaritan Society - Fairfield Glade Nursing Center / 100 Samaritan Way / Crossville, TN 38558 / (931) 456-1576 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Collegedale / PO Box 658, 9210 Apison Pike / Collegedale, TN 37315 / (423) 396-2182 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Hixson Nursing Home / 5798 Hixson Home Place / Hixson, TN 37343 / (423) 842-0049 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Sparta / 508 Mose Dr. / Sparta, TN 38583 / (931) 738-9430 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lynchburg Nursing Center / 40 Nursing Home Rd / Lynchburg, TN 37352 / (931) 759-6000 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- NHC Healthcare - Chattanooga Nursing Center / 2700 Parkwood Ave / Chattanooga, TN 37404 / (423) 624-1533 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Sequatchie Nursing Center / 360 Dell Trail / Dunlap, TN 37327 / (423) 949-4651 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Smithville Nursing Center / 825 Fisher Ave / Smithville, TN 37166 / (615) 597-4284 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Somerville Nursing Center / 308 Lake Dr. / Somerville, TN 38068 / (901) 465-9861 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- NHC Healthcare - Tullahoma Nursing Center / 1321 Cedar Ln / Tullahoma, TN 37388 / (931) 222-4207 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare of Cleveland / 2750 Executive Park Place / Cleveland, TN 37312 / (423) 476-4444 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Signature Healthcare of Putnam County / 278 Dry Valley Rd / Cookeville, TN 38506 / (931) 537-6524 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- St Barnabas at Siskin Hospital / 1 Sisken Plaza / Chattanooga, TN 37403 / (423) 847-4100 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Starr Regional Health and Rehabilitation Center / 886 Hwy 411 North / Etowah, TN 37331 / (423) 263-3646 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
There are five specific signs of abuse and neglect occurring in nursing facilities throughout Tennessee that requires legal help include:
- Physical Abuse – This is typically described as a physical force against senior citizens that might involve inappropriate touching, kicking, shoving, slapping, hitting, or other physical trauma. However, physical abuse can also include the use of physical restraints to restrict the movement of the resident or chemical restraint that often drugs the elderly individual to minimize their capacity to do nearly anything.
- Emotional/Mental Abuse – Nearly all other types of abuse not involving physical activity is considered emotional abuse, including fear, mental anguish, isolation, intimidation, humiliation, or any other action that generates emotional pain. Patients can be injured by a staff member, visitor, or another patient making threats, name-calling, disrespectful comments, insults, coerced isolation, or using the “silent treatment” against the resident.
- Sexual Assault – While rape is considered the most heinous kind of sexual abuse, it is not the only one. Victims of sexual assault have endured unwanted or inappropriate sexual behavior, including nonconsensual touching, forcing the resident to view explicit pornographic images, taking inappropriate photographs, or witnessing the sexual exhibition of others.
- Negligence – Any failure by staff members to ensure that the elderly individual’s physical, emotional, social, or medical needs are met can be considered negligence. The act of negligence against the resident can be either intentional or unintentional. A lack of training or supervision might lead to neglect by a staff member failing to follow procedures and protocols that lead to the injury, harm, or death of the resident.
- Financial Exploitation – The personal belongings and funds of residents who are under the care of the nursing facility and caregivers must always be protected. Any individual who deceives the elder or improperly utilizing their finances or property without authorization (like a power of attorney authorization) that the frauds the senior in any way could be considered financial abuse. The exploitation may or may not include investment, scams, coerced property transfers, forgery, or using the elderly’s funds to make purchases.
Recognizing the common types of eldercare home abuse and neglect is the simplest way to serve as your elderly family member’s advocate and take a proactive approach to ensure their health, safety, and well-being. In many incidences, family members will choose to hire a home abuse lawyer to represent their loved one. A nursing home abuse lawyer can take immediate action to stop the abuse and neglect and provide a variety of legal options to seek recompense against every individual that caused your elderly relative harm.Hiring a Chattanooga Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Elderly individuals will often remain silent for days, months, or even years about their abuse, mistreatment, or neglect. Their silence is often out of self-blame, fear, or to protect the abuser. If you suspect a loved one has been injured or harmed by the nursing staff, employees, other residents, family members, or friends, it is necessary to file a nursing home abuse claim.
The Chattanooga senior home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC remain passionate in standing up for their clients who are often the community’s most vulnerable members. Our team of dedicated Tennessee elder abuse lawyers uses our years of experience to obtain justice against every individual or entity that caused your loved one harm. Having a skilled, dedicated, and trusted home abuse lawyer on your side can assure your family of a successful outcome to the claim or lawsuit.
We encourage you to contact our law offices today for legal help by calling (800) 926-7565 to schedule your free no-obligation, full case review. We handle all wrongful death lawsuits, personal injury claims, and home abuse cases through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement ensures that all your legal services are provided immediately without the need to pay an upfront fee. With an attorney-client relationship, all information you share with your home abuse lawyer remains confidential.
For additional information on Tennessee laws, the legal process, and reports on nursing homes look here.