legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Champaign Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
Nursing homes and other residential facilities serving the aged have a legal obligation to provide residents with continuous, professional levels of care. Failure to maintain legally mandated standards of care can result in serious injury, harm, or even death to elderly residents.
In recent years, our Champaign, Illinois, nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have seen a significant increase in the number of cases involving abuse, neglect, and mistreatment in nursing homes in the Champaign area and throughout Illinois.
If your loved one was mistreated, injured, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in a Champaign County nursing home, contact the Champaign, IL nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free case review to discuss what compensation you may be entitled to.
More Than Half of Champaign County Nursing Homes Provide Substandard Care
Champaign County, a community located in downstate Illinois, is probably best known as the home of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. According to the most recent U.S. Census Bureau figures, the county has an estimated population of about 208,000 people, of whom more than 24,000 are senior citizens 65 years and older. The aging population has placed demands on facilities responsible for providing residential nursing care to the elderly in and around Champaign, Urbana, Colfax, Bement, Savoy, Danville, Sullivan, and Monticello.
The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regularly inspects and publishes data on every nursing facility in the U.S. certified by CMS, including twenty-five nursing homes within a 50-mile radius of Champaign. Based on its investigations, the agency rated fourteen (56%) of those facilities “below average” or “ much below average” in the overall quality of care provided to residents.
Rating Champaign County Nursing Homes
State inspectors conduct annual inspections of CMS-certified nursing homes across the United States for compliance with federal regulations governing safety, health, nutrition, and patients’ rights. Facilities that are found deficient receive a citation and are required to correct the noncompliance. CMS publishes its findings on its Nursing Home Compare webpage.
Below we have broken down the rankings for all the facilities within the county and highlighted the primary issues with some of the worst nursing homes.
Overall Ratings of 25 Champaign County nursing homesOverall Rating of 25 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (3) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (5) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (3) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (4) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (10) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Champaign, Illinois Area Facilities
- Bement Health Care Center / 601 North Morgan Bement, Il 61813 / (217) 678-2191 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Champaign Living Center / 309 East Springfield Champaign, Il 61820 / (217) 352-5135 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Champaign Rehab Center / 1915 South Mattis Street Champaign, Il 61821 / (217) 352-0516 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Champaign Urbana Nursing and Rehab Center / 302 West Burwash Savoy, Il 61874 / (217) 402-9700 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Danville Care Center / 1701 North Bowman Danville, Il 61832 / (217) 443-2955 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Gardenview Manor Nursing Home / 14792 Catlin Tilton Road Danville, Il 61834 / (217) 443-6430 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Illini Heritage Rehab and Health Care Center / 1315B Curt Dr Champaign, Il 61820 / (217) 352-5707 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Manor Court of Clinton Nursing Home / 1 Park Lane West Clinton, Il 61727 / (217) 935-8500 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Mason Point Nursing Center / One Masonic Way Sullivan, Il 61951 / (217) 728-4394 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Piatt County Nursing Home / 1111 N State St Monticello, Il 61856 / (217) 762-2506 / 1 out of 5 stars / County Gov. Owned and Operated
- University Rehab Nursing Center / 500 South Art Bartell Road Urbana, Il 61802 / (217) 384-3784 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Champaign, Illinois Area Facilities
- Accolade Paxton Senior Living Nursing Home / 450 Fulton St Paxton, Il 60957 / (217) 379-2116 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Arthur Home Nursing Home / 423 Eberhardt Drive Arthur, Il 61911 / (217) 543-2103 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Farmer City Rehab and Healthcare / 404 Brookview Drive Farmer City, Il 61842 / (309) 928-2118 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Pleasant Meadows Senior Living / 400 West Washington Chrisman, Il 61924 / (217) 269-2396 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Champaign, Illinois Area Facilities
- Arcola Health Care Center / 422 East Fourth Street Arcola, Il 61910 / (217) 268-3022 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Country Health Nursing Home / 2304 C R 3000 N Gifford, Il 61847 / (217) 568-7362 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- North Logan Healthcare Center / 801 North Logan Avenue Danville, Il 61832 / (217) 443-3106 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Champaign, Illinois Area Facilities
- Colonial Manor Nursing Home / 620 Warrington Avenue Danville, Il 61832 / (217) 446-0660 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Heritage Health - Gibson City Nursing Home / 620 East First St Gibson City, Il 60936 / (217) 784-4257 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Heritage Health - Hoopeston Nursing Home / 423 North Dixie Highway Hoopeston, Il 60942 / (217) 283-8247 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Newman Rehab and Health Care Center / 418 South Memorial Park Drive Newman, Il 61942 / (217) 837-2421 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Tuscola Health Care Center / 1203 Egyptian Trail Tuscola, Il 61953 / (217) 253-4791 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
5 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Champaign, Illinois Area Facilities
- Clark-Lindsey Village Nursing Home / 101 West Windsor Road Urbana, Il 61801 / (217) 344-2144 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Gibson Community Hospital Annex Nursing Facility / 430 E 19th Gibson City, Il 60936 / (217) 784-2566 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Hawthorne Inn of Danville / 3222 Independence Drive Danville, Il 61832 / (217) 431-1600 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
Inspectors identify violations that cause harm to residents that might involve:
- Dramatically high percentages of patients receiving antipsychotic and anti-anxiety medications than the state and national averages
- High number of patients reporting moderate to severe pain
- Residents exhibit symptoms of depression, drastically higher than the state and national averages
- Inadequate patient assessments and care plans
- Failure to provide proper pressure sore care and prevention
- Failure to ensure the facility is free of accident hazards
- Failure to ensure adequate supervision
- Failure to ensure patients are free from significant medication errors
- Deficiencies with dietary and nutrition services
Our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Fight for the Rights of Nursing Home Residents in Champaign, IL
Our Champaign County nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center fight for the rights of nursing home residents suffering injury or death through the negligent actions of staff and others. We have a comprehensive understanding of the state laws, procedures, and protocols that are supposed to protect elderly nursing home residents from harm. We have access to ample resources to ensure the injured party and their family can obtain justice and hold responsible parties financially accountable for their injuries.
Our Champaign, Illinois nursing home lawyers have handled many types of nursing home neglect cases that involve:
- Pressure sores
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Failing to provide basic standards of care
- Failing to monitor blood work
- Failing to provide a safe environment
- Failing to prevent fall accidents
- Failing to seek appropriate consultation with qualified medical staff
- Medication overdoses
- Drug errors
- Wandering and elopement
- Other serious issues resulting in harm and death
Damages Paid in Illinois Nursing Home Negligence Cases
Our nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys have compiled data from reported settlements and jury verdicts from across Illinois to give you an idea of what your case may be worth in a civil law context. We have broken down these cases according to case type and patient injury.
Learn more about these Illinois nursing home lawsuit awards below:
- Medical Error Settlements
- Inadequate Care Settlements
- Bed Sore Settlements
- Fall Settlements
- Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
Talk to a Champaign Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Learning your loved one has been harmed, injured, or abused by the nursing home staff you trusted to care for them is shocking and devastating for families. When that happens, you want to seek justice and hold those responsible legally accountable. Our Champaign, Illinois nursing home neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center have years of experience in successfully representing victims of nursing home negligence.
We encourage you to contact our Illinois elder abuse attorneys at (800) 926-7565 today to schedule your free, full case evaluation. All information you share remains confidential. We accept wrongful death lawsuits, personal injury claims, and nursing home abuse cases through contingency fee agreements. This means we provide all necessary legal representation without the need for you to pay any upfront fee.
U.S. Census Bureau, 2013-2017 American Community Survey
For more information on any of the nursing homes listed on this page or other Champaign area nursing homes: Nursing Home Compare
To report suspected nursing home abuse: Illinois Department of Public Health
IDPH quarterly reports of Illinois nursing home violations
Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Resources
If you are looking for information on a specific facility or an attorney, please see links below to respective locality pages.
- Aurora Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Cicero Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Champaign Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Chicago Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Joliet Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Moline Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Naperville Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Orland Park Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Peoria Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Rockford Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Schaumburg Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Springfield Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Urbana Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys
- Waukegan Bed Sore & Nursing Home Attorneys