legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Bakersfield Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
The number of cases involving elder abuse, negligence, sexual abuse, and psychological abuse has grown at an alarming rate over the last few decades. The network of California nursing home abuse attorneys are ready to help. We have dedicated their practice to serve as legal advocates for every elderly person living in an assisted living home, nursing facility, or rehabilitation center throughout California.
Our years of experience help us quickly identify unapparent signs of abuse by caregivers, financial exploitation, neglect, wrongful death, and another form of abuse. We are currently representing injured victims exposed to sars-cov-2 or the COVID-19 (Corona) virus affected by the pandemic that started in early 2020.
Senior Community Demographics
More than 880,000 residents live within the boundaries of Kern County and nearly half of those within the city limits of Bakersfield. About ten percent are older adults over 65 years of age, and many of those elderly individuals live in nursing facilities throughout the local community. The number of senior citizens in Kern County has risen dramatically over the past decade as more baby boomers are entering their retirement years.
The increasing number of older adult citizens and adult children with severe mental illness in Kern County causes severe problems in nursing facilities that lack adequate staff to provide quality care to every elderly person. As a result of overcrowding and under-staffing, vulnerable adults are exposed to home abuse, abandonment, financial exploitation, bruises and lacerations, fall accidents, and mistreatment.
Bakersfield Nursing Home Resident Health Concerns
Our California elder abuse law firm waits for the day when no more older people become victims of convalescent home misconduct and abuse. There remains a growing problem where corporations place profits over the health and hygiene needs of their residents. Until that day, our network of elder abuse lawyers will regularly review national databases outlining filed complaints, opened investigations, health concerns, and safety issues involving caregivers, elder abuse, wrongful death, and exploitation at facilities throughout the state.
Many older Americans and family members use the data gathered from national center databases, including Medicare.gov, as a valuable tool in making informed decisions of where to place an older person who requires the best care available in their local community.
Comparing Central Valley California Nursing Facilities
Our Kern County physical abuse personal injury attorneys have posted the results of our findings below, listing the Central Valley area nursing facilities currently maintaining poor ratings compared to facilities throughout the United States. Also, our home abuse lawyer network has primary concerns on each case of elder abuse involving emotional pain, abuse, and wrongful death. Some events, incidences, and unacceptable behavior of staff and other residents have caused actual harm or wrongful death of elders in nursing facilities in the area.
Information on California Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence Lawsuits
Our legal representatives have compiled data on how agencies follow California law to identify health care problems at each care facility. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid found that seven of the thirteen (54%) nursing facilities in the Bakersfield area provide elders substandard care. Many of the homes listed below have serious violations involving elder abuse, social isolation, emotional abuse, non-consensual sexual activity, verbal abuse, financial exploitation, of a failure to care for the elderly patient's mental illness. These facilities include:
- California Nursing Home Medical Error Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Inadequate Care Lawsuits
- California Nursing Home Bed Sore Case Valuations
- California Nursing Home Fall Case Valuations
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (3) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (1) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (2) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (3) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (4) Much below average
- Parkview Julian Convalescent Nursing Center / 1801 Julian Avenue Bakersfield, CA 93304 / (661) 831-9150 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- San Joaquin Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Center / 3601 San Dimas Bakersfield, CA 93301 / (661) 323-2894 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Rehabilitation Center of Bakersfield / 2211 Mount Vernon Avenue Bakersfield, CA 93306 / (661) 872-2121 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Valley Convalescent Hospital / 1205 8th Street Bakersfield, CA 93304 / (661) 334-2200 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Brookdale Riverwalk Skilled Nursing Facility (CA) / 350 Calloway Dr, Building C Bakersfield, CA 93312 / (661) 587-0182 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Evergreen Bakersfield Post-Acute Care Nursing Center / 6212 Tudor Way Bakersfield, CA 93306 / (661) 871-3133 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Golden Living Center - Shafter Nursing Home / 140 East Tulare Avenue Shafter, CA 93263 / (661) 746-3912 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Evergreen Arvin Healthcare Nursing Center / 323 Campus Drive Arvin, CA 93203 / (661) 854-4475 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Oaks Post-Acute Nursing Center / 450 Hayes Lane Petaluma, CA 94952 / (707) 778-8686 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Height Street Skilled Care Nursing Center / 1611 Height Street Bakersfield, CA 93305 / (661) 748-1300 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Kern River Transitional Care / 5151 Knudsen Drive Bakersfield, CA 93308 / (661) 325-9900 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Kingston Healthcare Center / 329 Real Road Bakersfield, CA 93309 / (661) 327-7107 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Rosewood Health Facility / 1401 New Stine Road Bakersfield, CA 93309 / (661) 834-0620 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
Protecting a Loved One Against Caregiving Neglect
There are main types of elder abuse, including inappropriate sexual contact, financial abuse, self-neglect, withholding medical care, verbal abuse, lacerations, and bruises. Any sudden unexplained change in the resident's condition, social isolation, and wrongful death that require adult protective services could also be abuse. Every senior citizen has the legal right to be free of any form of elder abuse, neglect, exploitation, emotional harm, and physical pain.
The surest way to know that your family member will not become a victim of elder abuse is to visit the long-term care facility before moving them into the home. Taking a tour of the premises, talking to other home residents and families, and reading state reports and national findings can help. Visiting the assisted living facility will allow the family to notice any unusual odor or hazardous areas like cluttered hallways, overfilled trash receptacles, or unsanitary conditions that could cause the older adult physical harm.
It is essential to ask staff members if there are specific visiting restrictions during certain times of the day, including mealtime or evenings when home residents are busy. Many facilities in the Central Valley are recognized as "restraint-free" homes where alternative interventions help to manage the health care and hygiene needs of residents.
State laws require the appropriate "staff to resident" ratio to ensure that there is always adequate staffing on hand, especially during the evening, overnight, on weekends, and holidays. Performing a careful analysis of any nursing facilities you are considering can minimize the potential of an elderly person being neglected, abused, or mistreated by a caregiver in an overcrowded or understaffed facility.
Bakersfield Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Ready to Help
If you suspect your family member or loved one is a victim of elder abuse, abandonment, exploitation, or mistreatment while residing in a facility, the Central Valley California rehabilitation center abuse lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center LLC can help. Contact us today for immediate legal help! Our experienced Kern County elder abuse lawyers provide comprehensive legal representation to gather evidence to build a strong personal injury case for financial compensation. Your nursing home abuse attorney will have immediate access to every necessary resource and legal expert to ensure a successful outcome of your claim or lawsuit against those responsible for causing your loved one harm.
Speaking with a nursing home abuse lawyer is the surest way to understand the legal options available to you and your dependent adult loved one. Schedule your free, no-obligation full case review by calling our California elder abuse law offices at (800) 926-7565 today. All cases involving rehabilitation center misconduct, personal injury, elder abuse, or wrongful death will be accepted on a contingency fee arrangement. This agreement ensures all our legal fees are paid only after a successful jury trial or after we have negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement.
Our personal injury law affiliate team now accepts COVID-19 (Corona) Virus exposure claims involving elder abuse, negligence, and caregiver wrongful death.
For additional information on California laws and information on long-term care centers, look here.