legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Augusta, GA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Our Augusta nursing home neglect lawyers witnessed an increase in the number of filed complaints, opened investigations, and safety concerns involving nursing facilities throughout the state of Georgia.
In all likelihood, these cases represent only a small portion of all the abuse, mistreatment, and neglect occurring in nursing facilities statewide.
Many family members and victims never report what is happening out of fear of retaliation or not understanding how to take legal action.
If your loved one was mistreated, abused, injured, or died unexpectedly from neglect while living in a rehabilitation home in Georgia, let our personal injury lawyers protect the rights of your family.
All of our nursing home negligence cases are handled on a contingency fee basis where there is never a legal fee charged unless there is a recovery from the negligent nursing home or care facility responsible for the harm to your loved one.Augusta /Richmond County Demographics
Nearly 200,000 residents reside in the Augusta/Richmond County area. More than 12.6 percent or almost 26,000 of these residents of the total population are senior citizens. Many of these elders require daily assistance and skilled nursing care.
As a result, many families are facing the undesirable decision of placing a loved one in assisted living homes, nursing centers, and rehabilitation facilities within the Richmond County area.
However, the increasing demand for skilled nursing care in public and private settings has placed a heavy burden on nursing facilities statewide.
Due to overcrowding and understaffing, many rehab center administrators are struggling to hire additional registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, and nurses' aides with the qualifications to provide quality care to the residents.
The direct result of understaffing and overcrowding has exacerbated the already growing problem with home abuse and neglect.Northeast Georgia Elder Home Resident Safety Concerns
The northeast Georgia senior citizen home neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have legally represented many long-term nursing home abuse victims to ensure their legal rights were protected.
We routinely review publicly available nursing home facility information and post the results online. Many families use this information before deciding on which care facility or nursing home provides the best care in their community.The Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) said that the COVID-19 pandemic is hitting the nursing home industry profoundly, where some of the most vulnerable members of society are fighting hard to win the battle against the viral disease.
Many nursing home patients are already struggling with comorbidities, weakened immune systems, or other serious complications that can lead to their death.
Many GA nursing homes are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks because the virus is extremely contagious. For weeks or months, many of these centers lacked efficient screening of employees, nurses, families, and visitors, who might have unknowingly brought the viral disease into the home.
The home's lack of protective protocols and their workers' failure to follow effective sanitation procedures have made nursing home residents sick with the COVID-19 virus.
If your loved one contracted the coronavirus or was exposed to COVID-19, negligence might have played a role in their crippling illness. If your family member developed a life-threatening injury or died as a result of coronavirus, your family deserves justice.Comparing Central Georgia Area Nursing Homes
Our central Georgia senior nursing home abuse lawyers have detailed their primary concerns on the list of rehab centers below that currently maintain a below standard rating. This information was gathered from federal and state senior home information sources, including from the national Medicare database.
Some primary concerns listed below involve preventable bedsores and a failure to treat a resident's pain effectively.
Other concerns include a failure to investigate injuries of unknown origin and failure to follow protocols to prevent the spread of infection or disease along with other potential problems that could cause harm to senior home patients.
To manage public health, Medicare releases publicly available information on all caregiver homes throughout Georgia based on the data gathered through inspections, investigations, and surveys.
Currently, the national database shows that inspectors identified serious violations and deficiencies at fifty (46%) of the 108 Augusta area nursing homes and centers that led to inadequate patient healthcare.
Learn more about the government-run facilities, nursing home, and private non-profits below that care for the older adult population:Overall Rating of 108 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (27) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (16) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (15) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (25) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (25) Much below average
May 20201 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Augusta Area Senior Homes
- Brentwood Health and Rehabilitation Center / 115 Brentwood Drive / Waynesboro, GA 30830 / (706) 554-4425 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Brian Center Rehab - St Andrews / 3514 Sidney Road / Columbia, SC 29210 / (803) 798-9715 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Chaplinwood Rehab Home / 325 Allen Memorial Drive SW / Milledgeville, GA 31061 / (478) 453-8514 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Countrywood Nursing Center / 1645 Ridge Road / Hopkins, SC 29061 / (803) 776-3873 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Edisto Post-Acute Rehab Center / 575 Stonewall Jackson Blvd / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-7771 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Gibson Health and Rehabilitation Center / 434 Beall Springs Road / Gibson, GA 30810 / (706) 598-3201 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Green Acres Health and Rehabilitation Center / 313 Allen Memorial Drive SW / Milledgeville, GA 31061 / (478) 453-9437 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Heardmont Health and Rehabilitation / 1043 Longstreet Road / Elberton, GA 30635 / (706) 283-5429 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Laurel Baye Healthcare of Williston Center / 5721 Springfield Hwy /
- Williston, SC 29853 / (803) 266-3229 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Life Care Center of Columbia Nursing Center / 2514 Faraway Drive / Columbia, SC 29223 / (803) 865-1999 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Magnolia Manor - Columbia Nursing Center / 1007 N King St / Columbia, SC 29223 / (803) 699-4111 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Nancy Hart Rehab Center / 2117 Doctor Ward Road / Elberton, GA 30635 / (706) 283-3335 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Pleasant View Nursing Center / 475 Washington Street / Metter, GA 30439 / (912) 685-2168 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Providence of Sparta Health and Rehab Center / 60 Providence Street / Sparta, GA 31087 / (706) 444-5153 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- PruittHealth - Estill Nursing Center / 252 Liberty Street South / Estill, SC 29918 / (803) 625-3852 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Quiet Oaks Health Center / 125 Quiet Oaks Drive / Crawford, GA 30630 / (706) 743-5452 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Smith Medical Rehab Center / 501 East McCarty St / Sandersville, GA 31082 / (478) 552-5155 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Sparta Health and Rehabilitation Center / 11744 Highway 22 E / Sparta, GA 31087 / (706) 444-6057 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- The Methodist Oaks Nursing Center / 151 Lovely Drive / Orangeburg, SC 29115 / (803) 534-1212 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- The Ridge Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center / 226 Wa Reel Drive / Edgefield, SC 29824 / (803) 637-5312 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Twin View Health and Rehab Center / 211 Mathis Avenue / Twin City, GA 30471 / (478) 763-2141 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Warrenton Health and Rehab Center / 813 Atlanta Highway / Warrenton, GA 30828 / (706) 465-3328 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Westwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center / 101 Stockyard Road / Statesboro, GA 30458 / (912) 764-6005 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Windermere Health And Rehabilitation Center (SFF) / 3618 J Dewey Gray Circle / Augusta, Georgia 30909 / (706) 860-7572 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Wrightsville Manor Rehab Center / 337 West Court Street / Wrightsville, GA 31096 / (478) 864-2286 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Amara Healthcare and Rehab Center / 2021 Scott Road / Augusta, GA 30906 / (706) 793-1057 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Amara Healthcare and Rehab Center / 2021 Scott Road / Augusta, GA 30906 / (706) 793-1057 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Azalea Health and Rehabilitation Center / 1600 Anthony Road / Augusta, Georgia 30907 / (706) 738-3301 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Bostick Nursing Center / 1700 Bostick Circle / Milledgeville, GA 31061 / (478) 414-9600 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- C M Tucker Nursing Center - Roddey / 2200 Harden Street / Columbia, SC 29203 / (803) 737-5300 / 2 out of 5 stars / State-run
- Carlyle Senior Care of Aiken Nursing Center / 123 Dupont Dr. Northeast / Aiken, SC 29801 / (803) 648-0434 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Eagle Rehabilitation Center / 405 S College St / Statesboro, GA 30458 / (912) 764-6108 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Effingham Health and Rehabilitation Center / 459 Highway 119 South / Springfield, GA 31329 / (912) 754-6451 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Heritage Inn Health and Rehabilitation Center / 307 Jones Mill Road / Statesboro, GA 30458 / (912) 764-9011 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- M.C. - Extended Care Rehab Center / 815 Old Cherokee Road / Lexington, SC 29072 / (803) 359-5181 / 2 out of 5 stars / Hospital District-run
- Lake Crossing Health Center / 6698 Washington Road / Appling, GA 30802 / (706) 541-0462 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Laurel Baye Healthcare Blackville Nursing Center / 1612 Jones Bridge Road / Blackville, SC 29817 / (803) 284-4313 / 2 out of 5 stars / Federal Government-Owned and Operated
- Magnolia Manor - Greenwood Nursing Center / 1415 Parkway Drive / Greenwood, SC 29646 / (864) 227-9500 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Oconee Health and Rehabilitation Center / 107 Ridgeview Dr / Oconee, GA 31067 / (478) 552-7381 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Opus Post-Acute Rehabilitation Center / 300 Agape Drive / West Columbia, SC 29169 / (803) 739-5282 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Orchard Rehabilitation Center / 1321 Pulaski School Road / Pulaski, GA 30451 / (912) 685-5072 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Aiken Nursing Center / 830 Laurens Street North / Aiken, SC 29801 / (803) 649-6264 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Bamberg Nursing Center / 439 North Street / Bamberg, SC 29003 / (803) 245-7525 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Blythewood Nursing Center / 1075 Heather Green Drive / Columbia, SC 29229 / (803) 419-9863 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Spring Valley Nursing Center / 651 Rhodes Drive / Elberton, GA 30635 / (706) 283-3880 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Saluda Rehab Center / 581 Newberry Highway / Saluda, SC 29138 / (864) 445-2146 / 2 out of 5 stars / County-run / Website
- Syl - View Health Center / 411 Pine Street / Sylvania, GA 30467 / (912) 564-2015 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- The Heritage at Lowman Rehab and Healthcare Center / 201 Fortress Drive / White Rock, SC 29177 / (803) 732-3000 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- The Pavilion at Brandon Wilde Nursing Center / 4275 Owens Road / Evans, GA 30809 / (706) 868-9800 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- University Extended Care - Westwood Nursing Center / 561 University Drive / Evans, GA 30809 / (706) 863-7514 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
Our nursing home abuse lawyers recognize that any failure to provide proper treatment to prevent bedsores from developing or treating existing bedsores acquired at the facility might be considered gross negligence, mistreatment, and nursing home abuse.
Also, the deficient practices of the nurses and CNA at the facility could violate state and federal regulations if the nursing home staff does not follow the established procedures and protocols adopted by the nursing home facility.Identifying and Preventing Elder Negligence
Identifying the signs and symptoms of nursing home neglect and abuse occurring in an Augusta, GA nursing home is the first step in preventing any further harm to your loved one.
However, many advocates and family members with a loved one in a rehab home are unaware of the most common signs and symptoms of elder abuse.
- Any bed sores or pressure ulcers that develop after the patient was admitted to the nursing home (pressure ulcers could be an indicator of negligence or medical malpractice ).
- Receiving too much medication or sedation that the nursing staff might be used as a chemical restraint.
- Unexplained marks, bruises, or wounds around the abdomen or on the arms and legs that could be the result of physical restraint.
- A change in behavior, such as over-aggression or timidity.
- The unexpected withdrawal of the resident from their typical daily activities.
- Signs of high anxiety, depression, or lack of awareness.
- Multiple falls at the facility resulting in a brain injury or hip and knee injuries without a change in the written care plan that could prevent any additional falling in the future.
- The staff members deny residents access to senior services, support groups, and senior companions.
- The Administrator's failure to alert law enforcement when a predator has injured a patient through physical abuse, egregious negligence, or sexual abuse.
- Home residents who suffer physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, or other injury types by home abuse and neglect of other patients.
- Signs of malnutrition or dehydration caused when the resident lacks any access to nutrition or water.
- Unexplained broken bones, abrasions, bruises, cuts, or lacerations.
Sadly, many of the signs and symptoms involving nursing home abuse and neglect are often not visible and not detected until the resident has a significant change in their well-being.
Any indicator that the resident was receiving a lack of appropriate medical or hygiene assistance is often a reliable indicator of negligent problems and nursing home abuse at the facility.
Many times, the caregiving staff explains away some of these indicators by claiming it is just a natural sign of aging or a progression of the resident's condition.
Acting as an advocate for your loved one can be difficult. Because of that, many families choose to hire legal representation from a competent personal injury attorney who specializes in Augusta nursing home abuse and neglect cases.Hiring a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
The central GA nursing home abuse lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center LLC provide legal advice to many long-term nursing home abuse residents who have been victimized by the caregiving staff.
Our Augusta, Georgia nursing home abuse lawyers have years of experience working on your behalf and can begin an investigation and build a solid case to assist you in obtaining financial compensation to provide for your loved ones medical care, pain and suffering and loss of quality of life.
Our experienced personal injury attorney network can provide legal options to ensure those at fault for causing harm to your loved one are held legally accountable through a personal injury claim.
We encourage you to contact our Augusta nursing home abuse attorneys at (800) 926-7565 for a free consultation. Your personal injury lawyer can ensure you receive compensation for your medical bills, and pain and suffering, along with compensatory and punitive damages.
Our law firm offers a free consultation and accepts all nursing home abuse, wrongful death, and personal injury cases through contingency fee agreements.
No upfront fees are required. All our legal fees are paid after we negotiate an out of court settlement or win your nursing home abuse lawsuit at trial. Talk to an attorney today and get the legal advice you deserve to ensure that your loved one is protected to the fullest extent of the law.