legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Atlanta Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Our Atlanta Georgia nursing home abuse attorney network has seen a significant rise in the number of civil and criminal cases involving nursing home neglect, home abuse or neglect, and mistreatment.
While this number is substantially high, it likely represents only a small portion of the total number of cases. Many victims and family members never report unacceptable behavior or nursing home abuse occurring in nursing home facilities throughout Georgia.
If your loved one has suffered abuse, injury, harm, or died a wrongful death while residing in a nursing center in Atlanta, Georgia let our nursing home abuse lawyers protect your rights and obtain legal advice.
Contact the network of Georgia nursing home abuse attorneys (800-926-7565) today to schedule a free case review with our lawyers to discuss filing and resolving a compensation claim to ensure you recover your damages.Atlanta Senior Community Demographics
Nearly 45,000 senior citizens represent almost ten percent of the 443,000 residents living within the city limits of Atlanta, Georgia.
There are significantly many more elders residing in surrounding communities, including Sandy Springs, Marietta, Conyers, Lawrenceville, Loganville, Shelbyville, Grayson, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, and Roswell.
In recent years, the demographic of the aging population has risen sharply as many more baby boomers entered their retirement years.
The escalating number of retirees has placed a significant burden on the nursing homes in Atlanta and surrounding communities. Many facilities in the area have become overcrowded and unable to find additional nurses and nurses' aides to meet the health and hygiene needs of their residents.
As a result, there has been a significant rise in the number of cases of Atlanta nursing home abuse and neglect, where the senior citizen is injured or develops bed sores.
The Atlanta nursing home neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have long served as legal advocates for elderly home residents. Our team of dedicated Georgia nursing home abuse lawyers routinely reviews nursing home records, statistics, opened investigations, filed complaints, and safety concerns.
Many families use this valuable data to assist them in their decision-making process of where to place an elderly spouse, parent, or grandparent requiring skilled nursing services in a loving and caring environment.
To maintain public health, Medicare regularly releases publicly available information on every nursing home in the state of Georgia, based on data gathered through inspections, surveys, and investigations.
According to the federal agency, surveyors found severe violations and deficiencies at thirty-five (55%) of the sixty-seven Atlanta nursing homes that led to residents receiving substandard care. Many nursing homes and long term care facilities in most major cities fail to follow federal laws and state laws.
The Atlanta area senior homes listed below currently maintain below-average ratings. This publicly available information has been gathered from numerous government agencies, including Medicare.gov. Our team of Atlanta nursing home neglect attorneys has outlined their primary concerns with the Georgia facilities listed below.
Some home abuse cases involving substandard care, improper senior services, lack of maintenance, home abuse, and neglect that pose a significant level of harm to the nursing facility's residents.
Learn more about the government-run centers, senior homes, and private non-profits below that care for the elderly population:Overall Rating of 67 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (4) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (14) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (14) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (13) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (22) Much below average
May 20201 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Atlanta, GA Nursing Home Facilities
- Anderson Mill Health and Rehabilitation Center / 2130 Anderson Mill Rd / Austell, Georgia 30106 / (770) 941-8813 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab Center / 1480 Sandtown Road SW / Marietta, GA 30008 / (770) 422-1755 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Crestview Health and Rehabilitation Center / 2800 Springdale Road / Atlanta, GA 30315 / (404) 616-8100 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 4028 Hwy 5 / Douglasville, Georgia 30135 / (770) 942-7111 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Healthcare at College Park Nursing Center / 1765 Temple Avenue / College Park, GA 30337 / (404) 767-8609 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Lake City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center / 2055 Rex Road / Lake City, GA 30260 / (404) 361-5114 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Meadowbrook Health and Rehab Center / 4608 Lawrenceville Highway / Tucker, GA 30084 / (770) 491-9444 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Newnan Health and Rehabilitation Center / 244 East Broad Street / Newnan, GA 30263 / (770) 253-7160 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Park Place Nursing Facility / 1865 Bold Springs Road / Monroe, GA 30655 / (770) 267-8677 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Powder Springs Transitional Care and Rehab Center / 3460 Powder Springs Road / Powder Springs, GA 30127 / (770) 439-9199 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Presbyterian Village Nursing Center / 2000 East-West Connector / Austell, GA 30106 / (770) 819-7000 / 1 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Fairburn Nursing Center / 7560 Butner Road / Fairburn, Georgia 30213 / (770) 306-7878 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- PruittHealth - Monroe Nursing Center / 4796 Highway 42 North / Forsyth, GA 31029 / (478) 994-5662 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Virginia Park Nursing Center / 1000 Briarcliff Road NW / Atlanta, GA 30306 / (404) 875-6456 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Renaissance Center for Nursing and Healing / 415 Airport Road / Griffin, GA 30223 / (770) 227-8636 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Riverside Healthcare Center / 5100 West St NW / Covington, GA 30014 / (770) 787-0211 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Roswell Nursing and Rehab Center / 1109 Green Street / Roswell, GA 30075 / (770) 998-1802 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare of Buckhead Nursing Center / 54 Peachtree Park Drive NE / Atlanta, GA 30309 / (404) 351-6041 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare of Marietta Nursing Center / 811 Kennesaw Avenue / Marietta, Georgia 30060 / (770) 422-2451 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Social Circle Nursing and Rehab Center / 671 North Cherokee Road / Social Circle, GA 30025 / (770) 464-2019 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Westminster Commons Nursing Center / 560 St Charles Ave, NE / Atlanta, GA 30308 / (404) 874-2233 / 1 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- A.G. Rhodes Home Nursing Center / 350 Blvd, SE / Atlanta, GA 30312 / (404) 688-6731 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Cambridge Post-Acute Care Center / 2020 McGee Road / Snellville, GA 30078 / (770) 978-7250 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Condor Health Lafayette Nursing Center / 110 Brandywine Blvd / Fayetteville, GA 30214 / (770) 461-2928 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Fulton Center for Rehabilitation Nursing Center / 2850 Springdale Road SW / Atlanta, GA 30315 / (404) 762-8672 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Life Care Center of Gwinnett Nursing Home / 3850 Safehaven Drive / Lawrenceville, Georgia 30044 / (770) 923-0005 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- North Decatur Health and Rehabilitation Center / 2787 North Decatur Road / Decatur, GA 30033 / (404) 292-0626 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Nurse Care of Buckhead / 2920 Pharr Court South NW / Atlanta, GA
- 30305 / (404) 261-9043 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Lilburn Nursing Center / 788 Indian Trail Road / Lilburn, Georgia 30047 / (770) 923-2020 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Marietta Nursing Center / 70 Saine Drive SW / Marietta, GA 30008 / (770) 429-8600 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - West Atlanta Nursing Center / 2645 Whiting Street NW / Atlanta, GA 30318 / (404) 799-9267 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Sadie G. Mays Health and Rehabilitation Center / 1821 Anderson Avenue NW / Atlanta, GA 30314 / (404) 794-2477 / 2 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Sandy Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center / 1500 S Johnson Ferry Road / Atlanta, GA 30319 / (404) 252-2002 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Signature Healthcare at Tower Road Nursing Center / 26 Tower Rd / Marietta, Georgia 30060 / (770) 422-8913 / 2 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- A.G. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods Nursing Center / 1819 Clifton Road, NE / Atlanta, GA 30329 / (404) 315-0900 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods Nursing Center / 1833 Clifton Road, NE / Atlanta, GA 30329 / (404) 728-6500 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett Nursing Center / 3100 Club Drive / Lawrenceville, GA 30044 / (770) 923-3100 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Delmar Gardens of Smyrna Nursing Center / 404 King Springs Village Pkwy / Smyrna, GA 30082 / (770) 432-4444 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Glenwood Health and Rehabilitation Center / 4115 Glenwood Rd / Decatur, Georgia 30032 / (404) 284-6414 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- ManorCare Rehabilitation Center - Decatur / 2722 North Decatur Road / Decatur, GA 30033 / (404) 296-5440 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- ManorCare Rehabilitation Center - Marietta Nursing Center / 4360 Johnson Ferry Place / Marietta, GA 30068 / (770) 971-5870 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Brookhaven Nursing Center / 3535 Ashton Woods Drive NE / Atlanta, GA 30319 / (770) 451-0236 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Covington Nursing Center / 4148 Carroll Street / Covington, GA 30015 / (770) 786-0427 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Rockdale Healthcare Center / 1510 Renaissance Drive / Conyers, GA 30012 / (770) 483-4480 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center / 613 Roselane Street / Marietta, GA 30064 / (770) 792-9800 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Southland Healthcare and Rehab Center / 151 Wisdom Road / Peachtree City, GA 30269 / (770) 631-9000 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Westbury McDonough Nursing Center / 198 Hampton Street / McDonough, GA 30253 / (770) 957-9081 / 3 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- William Breman Jewish Home / 3150 Howell Mill Road NW / Atlanta, GA 30327 / (404) 351-8410 / 3 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Ansley Park Health and Rehabilitation Center / 450 Newnan Lakes Blvd / Newnan, GA 30263 / (770) 400-8000 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit
- Avalon Health and Rehabilitation Center / 120 Spring Street / Newnan, GA 30263 / (770) 253-1475 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Christian City Rehabilitation Center / 7300 Lester Road / Union City, Georgia 30291 / (770) 964-3301 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- D Scott Hudgens Center for Skilled Nursing / 3500 Annandale Lane / Suwanee, GA 30024 / (770) 932-3472 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Fountainview Center for Alzheimer / 2631 North Druid Hills Road NE / Atlanta, GA 30329 / (404) 325-7994 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Georgia Regional Atlanta Nursing Center / 3073 Panthersville Rd, #17 / Decatur, GA 30034 / (404) 243-2110 / 4 out of 5 stars / State-owned
- Lenbrook Nursing Center / 3747 Peachtree Road, NE / Atlanta, GA 30319 / (404) 233-3000 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Life Care Center of Lawrenceville / 210 Collins Industrial Way / Lawrenceville, GA 30045 / (678) 442-0777 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Northside Gwinnett Extended Care Center / 650 Professional Drive / Lawrenceville, GA 30046 / (678) 312-3000 / 4 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- Parkside Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center / 3000 Lenora Church Drive / Snellville, GA 30078 / (770) 972-2040 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Reliable Health and Rehab at Lakewood / 1980 Arrow Street, SW / Atlanta, GA 30310 / (404) 755-4080 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Ross Memorial Healthcare Center / 1780 Old Highway 41 / Kennesaw, GA 30152 / (770) 427-7256 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- Westbury Medical Care and Rehab Center / 922 McDonough Road / Jackson, GA 30233 / (770) 775-7832 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Westbury Medical Care and Rehab Center / 922 McDonough Road / Jackson, GA 30233 / (770) 775-7832 / 4 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- A.G. Rhodes Home - Cobb Care Center / 900 Wylie Road / Marietta, GA 30067 / (770) 427-8727 / 5 out of 5 stars / Non-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Austell Nursing Center / 1700 Mulkey Rd / Austell, Georgia 30106 / (770) 941-5750 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
- PruittHealth - Griffin Care Center / 619 Northside Drive / Griffin, GA 30223 / (770) 228-4517 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit
- Salude - The Art of Recovery Nursing Center / 601 Northolt Parkway / Suwanee, GA 30024 / (770) 904-3222 / 5 out of 5 stars / For-Profit / Website
Our Atlanta nursing home abuse attorneys recognize that any failure to investigate and report any active abuse properly directly violates the established protocols enforced by federal and state nursing home regulations.
The deficient practices involving a Licensed Practical Nurse, Director of Nursing, and nursing care facility administration might be considered abuse and negligence that mistreat the resident.
Many families place their loved ones in a senior care facility because the home provides much-needed assistance with medical care and Activities of Daily Living, including grooming, cleaning, and eating. The help and supervision ensure that senior home residents' existing health conditions are well-managed.
However, not every nursing home provides the highest level of care. Physical assault, negligence, sexual abuse, and financial exploitation have become an epidemic problem nationwide, especially in overcrowded communities with significant numbers of elderly retirees.
Many family members are unaware that their loved ones are being mistreated, neglected, or abused, even though some signs of nursing home abuse are more evident than others.
The most common and visible warning signs of senior home abuse or neglect involve:
- Broken bones, bruising, cuts, lacerations, physical injury, open wounds, or another severe injury that could indicate neglect, physical abuse, or mistreatment is occurring,
- Unexplainable negative changes in behavior like when the resident recoils from caregivers or other residents,
- Failure to provide the elderly with the advanced quality care that leads to dehydration or malnutrition such as dizziness or unexplainable loss of weight,
- Brain injuries, broken hips, and knee injuries from falling,
- Exposure to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic disease in the United States,
- Signs of overmedication or over-sedation that is often used to restrain the resident chemically,
- Older vulnerable adult non-consensual elderly sexual abuse,
- The noticeably strong odor of urine or feces, or odors from a lack of bathing or other types of nursing home negligence,
- The elderly resident's prominent fear or signs of apprehension when medical professionals or assisting caregivers are around, evidence of possible emotional abuse,
- Physical abuse causing brain injury, or other types of nursing home injury,
- Social isolation where staff members deny the elderly resident access to senior services, support groups, or elderly companions,
- Developing bedsores, pressure ulcers, and decubitus wounds,
- Detectable signs of depression or displays of anger from physical assault, sexual abuse, or emotional abuse,
- Open sores,
- Theft of the elderly patient's funds, checks, or belongings (potential financial abuse)
Many cases of nursing home abuse in Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia go unreported to proper authorities that regulate nursing homes.
While some signs of mistreatment are obvious, like malnutrition or dehydration, other elderly patient nursing home abuse cases are less apparent where the most vulnerable are harmed by medical malpractice or from a lack of services.
If you suspect that your vulnerable family member or loved one has been abused, neglected, or mistreated while residing in a Georgia nursing care facility, it is imperative to take quick action. Many families choose to hire an Atlanta nursing home abuse lawyer to serve as legal advocates to stop the abuse, neglect, and unacceptable behavior now.
The Atlanta nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have represented many nursing home abuse victims as well as family member survivors who lost a loved one from a wrongful death from nursing home abuse.
Our law firm of Georgia nursing home abuse lawyers can investigate your nursing home abuse case and take appropriate legal measures to hold those at fault responsible for their unacceptable actions.
Our law firm encourages you or a family member to contact our elder abuse Atlanta, Georgia law firm as soon as possible. Contact us by telephone at (800) 926-7565 to schedule your no-obligation free case evaluation for free legal advice.
Our Atlanta nursing home abuse team handles all financial compensation cases involving nursing home neglect, personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death through contingency fee agreements.
Under a contingency fee agreement, you will not be charged any legal fees unless your lawyer is successful in obtaining compensation from the responsible nursing facility.
Your nursing home abuse lawyer will provide you immediate legal representation, counsel, and advice without any upfront payment. All information you share with your nursing home abuse attorney remains confidential.
With more than 50 years of combined experience prosecuting nursing home and long-term care cases, you can rest assured that your case will be handled by a nursing home abuse attorney who has experience prosecuting cases similar to yours.