Experienced Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Here to Serve You
When we place a family member in a skilled nursing facility we are entrusting the facility to provide the medical and emotional support that the individual needs to function at the highest possible level. This entrustment to care for our loved ones is moral and legal in nature. Unfortunately, many facilities are ignoring this obligation by intentionally accepting a maximum number of patients staffed with caregivers who are dreadfully overworked and underpaid. The end result is large numbers of patients receiving poor care which ultimately results in injury or death.
As nursing home negligence attorneys, we are committed to holding negligent facilities fully accountable for harm to innocent patients. We represent the interests of individuals—never do we represent facilities or corporations.
How Do You Know if You Need an Attorney?
The decision to contact an attorney is indeed a personal decision governed by your own moral compass. Generally, the need to contact an attorney arises when a patient at a facility suffers a significant harm as a consequence of negligently performed care. Common examples to situations where a family may seek out an attorney include:
- Pressure sores or bed sores, particularly those which have progressed to an advanced stage
- Falls resulting in a broken bone or internal injury
- Medication errors, when patients are given the wrong medication or the medication is not administered
- Physical abuse perpetrated by staff, other residents or visitors
- Staff dropping patients during transfers or when providing direct care such as bathing or toileting
- Sudden or unexpected death
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the reason why you are contacting our office, you can be assured that you con speak to an attorney experienced in nursing home litigation.
About the Attorneys Responsible for Nursing Home Law News
Nursing Home Law News is a resourced created for families of nursing home patients by Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC, a law firm with experience prosecuting nursing home abuse cases in almost every state. We are deeply committed to responding to your legal needs and are committed to providing the best possible representation to each client. We have a track record of obtaining significant financial recoveries for individuals and families through litigation and out-of-court settlements. In the last five years alone, our attorneys have recovered over $55 million on behalf of families in nursing home negligence cases.
Some of our recent nursing home settlements include:
- Confidential seven figure settlement for a sexual assault of a disabled woman by a staff member with a criminal record.
- $3,100,000 settlement for a patient who developed a pressure sore during an admission
- $2,333,000 Recovery for a wheelchair-bound man who fell down an unsecured stairwell and suffered a brain injury
- $1,500,000 Awarded at a mediation proceeding to a 55-year-old woman who developed an advanced pressure sore during a recovery for a hip replacement surgery.
- $1,499,000 Following the ingestion of poisoning cleaning formulas by a dementia patient.
- $1,250,000 Secured in a lawsuit against a nursing home where a patient sustained more than 10 documented falls over a three month period
- $1,200,000 Wrongful death settlement realized for a family after their father choked on a piece of solid food—despite a ‘pureed diet’ order on file
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a young man living in a group home living arrangement
Our recoveries have earned us recognition by our peers in the legal community including:
- Selection as a Super-Lawyer
- Lifetime membership in the Million Dollar Advocates
- Member of American Association for Justices ‘Nursing Home Litigation Group’
- 10/10 rating from AVVO
- Appointment to the National Academy of Trial Lawyers
- National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Contributor to National Law Review
- Better Business Bureau A+ rating
- Appointment as a ‘Best Lawyer’ via peer rating survey
Our experience with nursing home litigation has enabled us to develop relationships with some of the top trial lawyers in the United States. If our office is unable to directly represent you in a case, you can be assured that your case will be handled by a trusted colleague who has experience working on nursing home negligence cases in your jurisdiction. When we refer a matter to an affiliated attorney you can be assured that you are working with the best-of-the-best.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
Every nursing home injury and wrongful death case is handled on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, you do not need to pay any fees out of your pocket and we receive a fee only when there is a financial recovery for you. Once we retained, our lawyers advance costs to prosecute your case including: medical records, expert fees and court costs. If we are unable to secure a financial recovery for you, we absorb those expenses and you owe us nothing. This fee arrangement is written out and you will receive a complete copy of the terms of the arrangement.
Contact Our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Today
Every jurisdiction has time constraints for filing a lawsuit. Your failure to take action within the prescribed statute of limitations will forever bar your recovery. Consequently, it is important that you learn your legal rights and options as soon as feasible.
We invite you to discuss your case with an experienced nursing home negligence lawyer who will listen to you concerns and advise you if we can assist. You can contact our firm via our online case intake form or by telephone at 888-424-5757. We look forward to working with you.
The content on this website is written and edited by Attorney Jonathan Rosenfeld.