legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Rochester Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
When families can no longer provide their elderly or disabled loved one care, the only option left is to place their spouse, parent or grandparent in a nursing facility. When their loved one is relocated, family members have the right to expect that they will receive the highest level of care in a safe and responsible environment. Unfortunately, the Rochester nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have handled many cases where the nursing staff has stripped away the resident’s dignity and respect and neglected or harmed them through abusive behavior.
Medicare releases publicly available information every month on all nursing homes in Minnesota based on the data gathered through inspections, investigations and surveys. According to the database monitored by the government, investigators have identified serious violations and deficiencies at six (50%) of the twelve Rochester nursing facilities that harmed residents.
If your loved one was injured, mistreated, abused, or died unexpectedly from neglect while residing at a nursing home in Minnesota, your family must protect their rights for justice. We invite you to contact the Rochester nursing home abuse & neglect attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center (800-926-7565) today. Schedule a free case review. Let us discuss your legal options for obtaining monetary recovery to ensure you are compensated for your damages.
Newly enacted state and federal laws designed to protect the residents of nursing facilities have made only a minimal change in the ongoing problem of neglect and abuse occurring at the hands of caregivers. Fortunately, these laws provide a pathway to allow family members and victims to seek compensation for their damages and losses. Often, financial compensation is the only way to seek justice and hold those responsible for the harm accountable for their unacceptable behavior.
The problem involving abuse and neglect in nursing facilities is likely to rise in the years ahead because many more retirees are living longer than ever before. This increase is a significant problem in the Rochester area, where nearly 14,000 of the 111,500 residents are 65 years and older. This demographic population rises to more than 29,000 when accounting for all retirees living in Olmsted County.
Rochester Nursing Home Resident Health Concerns
Under Minnesota law, every resident in a nursing facility has the right to be free of neglect and abuse. When their rights are violated, the resident and their family members have the option to take legal action to stop the mistreatment. This action against the facility and caregivers prevents other residents from facing similar injuries and harm.
To assist family members with a loved one in a nursing home, or those in need of placing their loved one in a facility, we continuously review and assess information from national databases, including Medicare.gov. We post this information involving safety concerns, health hazards, opened investigations and filed complaints against nursing facilities throughout Minnesota.
Comparing Rochester Area Nursing Facilities
Our Minnesota elder abuse attorneys have compiled and published the list below detailing specific Rochester area nursing facilities currently maintaining substandard ratings compared to other homes throughout the United States. Also, we have posted our primary concerns by outlining specific cases of neglect, abuse, and mistreatment occurring at these facilities that cause direct or indirect injury, harm or death to one or more residents.
Overall Rating of 12 Nursing Homes
- Rating: 5 out of 5 (2) Much above average
- Rating: 4 out of 5 (3) Above average
- Rating: 3 out of 5 (1) Average
- Rating: 2 out of 5 (2) Below average
- Rating: 1 out of 5 (4) Much below average
1 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Rochester Area Facilities
- Rochester East Health Services / 501 Eighth Avenue Southeast, Rochester, MN 55904 / (507) 288-6514 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Stewartville Care Center / 120 Fourth Street Northeast, Stewartville, MN 55976 / (507) 533-4288 | 1 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Rochester Health Services West / 2215 Highway 52 North, Rochester, MN 55901 / (507) 288-1818 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Edenbrook of Rochester / 1875 19th Street Northwest, Rochester, MN 55901 / (507) 282-9449 | 1 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
2 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Rochester Area Facilities
- Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth / 24 - 8th Street Northwest, Rochester, MN 55901 / (507) 289-4031 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Pine Haven Care Center / 210 Northwest 3rd Street, Pine Island, MN 55963 / (507) 356-8304 | 2 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
3 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Rochester Area Facilities
- Rochester Rehabilitation and Living Center / 1900 Ballington Boulevard NW, Rochester, MN 55901 / (507) 535-2000 | 3 out of 5 stars | Church-Related Non-Profit | Website
4 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Rochester Area Facilities
- Madonna Towers of Rochester / 4001 19th Avenue Northwest, Rochester, MN 55901 / (507) 288-3911 | 4 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Chosen Valley Care Center / 1102 Liberty Street Southeast, Chatfield, MN 55923 / (507) 867-4220 | 4 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
- Fairview Care Center / 702 10th Avenue Northwest, Dodge Center, MN 55927 / (507) 374-2578 | 4 out of 5 stars | County Government-Owned | Website
5 out of 5 Stars Overall Rating Rochester Area Facilities
- The Green Prairie Rehabilitation Center / 800 Second Avenue Northwest, Plainview, MN 55964 / (507) 534-3191 | 5 out of 5 stars | For-Profit | Website
- Charter House Nursing Center / 211 Northwest Second Street, Rochester, MN 55901 / (507) 266-8572 | 5 out of 5 stars | Non-Profit | Website
When Abuse Involves More Than Just Physical Injury
Abuse and negligence occurring in nursing facilities encompass various forms of passive and aggressive mistreatment of the resident. Many of these kinds of maltreatment often go unnoticed. However, our Minnesota nursing home attorneys handle a variety of cases that involve:
- Verbal and Emotional Abuse – The resident can suffer severe abuse when subjected to any form of a non-verbal or verbal act of aggression. This mistreatment can include intimidation, insults, aggressive actions, harassment or humiliation. These types of injuries often leave the victim suffering psychologically severe anxiety and distress.
- Sexual Assault – One of the most heinous, horrific, and violent kinds of nursing abuse involves sexual assault. While sexual abuse can include nonconsensual sexual action and rape, many of the cases handled by our Minnesota sexual abuse attorneys have involved forced nudity, forced witnessing of others performing sexual acts or actions where the resident is unwillingly forced to view pornography.
- Physical Abuse – Not every type of physical assault is detected by an unexplained injury left behind, such as internal bleeding, sprains, fractures, bruises or wounds. Physical assault can also include kicking, slapping, hitting, overdosing, chemical restraint or any other type of physical contact that leaves the resident physically harmed.
- Financial Exploitation – The indicators of financial exploitation often go unnoticed when the nursing facility fraudulently exploits the assets, property, or finances of the resident without their knowledge or the knowledge of family members.
When Negligence Is Not Always Obvious
Many times, residents of nursing facilities become the victim of negligence when the nursing staff fails to provide an acceptable standard of care. The most common forms of negligence handled by personal injury attorneys on behalf of their clients involve:
- Medication Errors – Residents can be seriously injured or killed as a result of a medication error, including receiving another resident’s medication or not administering their drug at all. Many residents have suffered life-threatening harm by not receiving insulin medication or the nursing staff failing to follow physician’s orders.
- Unsanitary Conditions – Making the resident live in filthy, soiled garments, or unsanitary conditions can cause their health and well-being to degrade quickly.
- The Spread of Infection – Without taking proper precautions, the nursing staff can quickly spread contagious infection from one resident to another. State investigators and surveyors are regularly reviewing medical records and performing on-site observations to see if the staff is following protocols to minimize the spread of infection that could be contagious or fatal to other residents.
If you believe your loved one has suffered severe injury through neglect or abuse at a nursing facility, it’s imperative to take immediate legal action. Family members will often hire a personal injury attorney who specializes in nursing home abuse cases. A skilled lawyer who handles abuse and neglect cases can take immediate action to stop the unacceptable behavior and ensure the loved one receives the highest quality medical care.
Speak with a Rochester Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
The Rochester nursing home abuse attorneys at Nursing Home Law Center LLC have extensive experience and knowledge in assisting residents of abuse and neglect. Working on your behalf, we can take immediate legal action to report the abuse/neglect and serve as your loved one’s liaison between law enforcement officers and state agencies investigating the case.
We urge you to contact us today at (800) 926-7565 to ensure your loved one’s interest and rights are protected. We have immediate access to all necessary resources to build a case for full compensation for any mental, physical, sexual, emotional, or financial harm your loved one has endured. We accept all these nursing home abuse/neglect cases through contingency fee arrangements. This arrangement means we are only paid for legal services once we have obtained an acceptable out of court financial settlement or win your case at trial.
For additional information on Minnesota laws and information on nursing homes, look here.