- Patient Rights
- Nursing Home FAQs
- Are nursing homes required to have specific numbers of staff?
- Can physical or chemical restraints be used on a patient?
- What are the ‘stages’ of bed sores?
- How do I get a copy of the medical records?
- What is a nursing home ombudsman and how can they help me?
- What is the surviving spouse entitled to from a nursing home wrongful death lawsuit?
- See More
- Reporting Poor Care
- Signs of Abuse
Number of nursing homes in Nevada: 50
Patients living in Nevada nursing homes: 4,761
Occupancy rates of Nevada nursing homes: 82.7%
Average number of deficiencies at each Nevada nursing home: 13.5
Percent of Nevada nursing homes with serious deficiencies for actual harm to patient: 28.0%
Most common deficiencies at Nevada nursing homes: Comprehensive Care Plans, Quality of Care, Food Sanitation
Distribution of ownership of Nevada nursing homes: 66% for profit, 16% non profit, 12% government
Most populated cities in Nevada: Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Reno, Paradise, Carson City
Staffing levels at Nevada nursing homes (daily hours):Above average, 3.8 total staff, 1.5 licensed nurse
**Data based upon 2009 CMS data, U.S. Department of Health and Human Service