- Patient Rights
- Nursing Home FAQs
- Are nursing homes required to have specific numbers of staff?
- Can physical or chemical restraints be used on a patient?
- What are the ‘stages’ of bed sores?
- How do I get a copy of the medical records?
- What is a nursing home ombudsman and how can they help me?
- What is the surviving spouse entitled to from a nursing home wrongful death lawsuit?
- See More
- Reporting Poor Care
- Signs of Abuse
Number of nursing homes in Nebraska: 226
Patients living in Nebraska nursing homes: 12,670
Occupancy rates of Nebraska nursing homes: 79.4%
Average number of deficiencies at each Nebraska nursing home: 7.4
Percent of Nebraska nursing homes with serious deficiencies for actual harm to patient: 16.8%
Most common deficiencies at Nebraska nursing homes: Food Sanitation, Professional Standards, Accident Environment
Distribution of ownership of Nebraska nursing homes: 46 % for profit,31 % non profit, 23% government
Most populated cities in Nebraska: Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue, Grand Island, Kearney
Staffing levels at Nebraska nursing homes (daily hours):Above average, 3.8 total staff, 1.4 licensed nurse
**Data based upon 2009 CMS data, U.S. Department of Health and Human Service