- Patient Rights
- Nursing Home FAQs
- Are nursing homes required to have specific numbers of staff?
- Can physical or chemical restraints be used on a patient?
- What are the ‘stages’ of bed sores?
- How do I get a copy of the medical records?
- What is a nursing home ombudsman and how can they help me?
- What is the surviving spouse entitled to from a nursing home wrongful death lawsuit?
- See More
- Reporting Poor Care
- Signs of Abuse
Number of nursing homes in Montana : 87
Patients living in Montana nursing homes: 4,950
Occupancy rates of Montana nursing homes: 71.1%
Average number of deficiencies at each Montana nursing home: 9.9
Percent of Montana nursing homes with serious deficiencies for actual harm to patient: 16.1%
Most common deficiencies at Montana nursing homes: Food Sanitation, Professional Standards, Clinical Records
Distribution of ownership of Montana nursing homes: 43 % for profit, 40% non profit, 17% government
Most populated cities in Montana: Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte, Helena
Staffing levels at Montana nursing homes (daily hours):Above average,4.1 total staff, 1.5 licensed nurse
**Data based upon 2009 CMS data, U.S. Department of Health and Human Service