- Patient Rights
- Nursing Home FAQs
- Are nursing homes required to have specific numbers of staff?
- Can physical or chemical restraints be used on a patient?
- What are the ‘stages’ of bed sores?
- How do I get a copy of the medical records?
- What is a nursing home ombudsman and how can they help me?
- What is the surviving spouse entitled to from a nursing home wrongful death lawsuit?
- See More
- Reporting Poor Care
- Signs of Abuse
Number of nursing homes in Missouri: 515
Patients living in Missouri nursing homes: 37,886
Occupancy rates of Missouri nursing homes: 72.2%
Average number of deficiencies at each Missouri nursing home: 12.0
Percent of Missouri nursing homes with serious deficiencies for actual harm to patient: 32.6%
Most common deficiencies at Missouri nursing homes: Professional Standards, Accident Environment, Accident Environment
Distribution of ownership of Missouri nursing homes: 70 % for profit, 24% non profit, 7% government
Most populated cities in Missouri: Kansas City, Saint Louis, Springfield, Independence, Columbia, Jefferson City
Staffing levels at Missouri nursing homes (daily hours):Above average, 3.7 total staff, 1.2 licensed nurse
**Data based upon 2009 CMS data, U.S. Department of Health and Human Service