- Patient Rights
- Nursing Home FAQs
- Are nursing homes required to have specific numbers of staff?
- Can physical or chemical restraints be used on a patient?
- What are the ‘stages’ of bed sores?
- How do I get a copy of the medical records?
- What is a nursing home ombudsman and how can they help me?
- What is the surviving spouse entitled to from a nursing home wrongful death lawsuit?
- See More
- Reporting Poor Care
- Signs of Abuse
A recently filed lawsuit against Golden Living Centers in Merrillville, IN alleges that a CNA at the facility entered the room of a paralyzed stroke patient, took his clothes off and fondled the man against his will.
The CNA identified as, Ismael Golden, also faces criminal charges related to the alleged sexual abuse. In addition to this incident, Mr. Golden is also accused of sexually assaulting another patient at the Indiana nursing home.
Read more about this case of alleged sexual abuse at a Golden Living Center here.
For laws related to Indiana nursing homes, look here.