- Patient Rights
- Nursing Home FAQs
- Are nursing homes required to have specific numbers of staff?
- Can physical or chemical restraints be used on a patient?
- What are the ‘stages’ of bed sores?
- How do I get a copy of the medical records?
- What is a nursing home ombudsman and how can they help me?
- What is the surviving spouse entitled to from a nursing home wrongful death lawsuit?
- See More
- Reporting Poor Care
- Signs of Abuse
I was disgusted when I recently saw this news clip regarding a nursing home patient that was literally dumped at an emergency room. Patient dumping is an illegal practice, yet seems to be occurring more frequently lately.
No doubt, patient dumping is about nursing homes desire to increase their profits as opposed to providing quality patient care. My hunch is that if we were to look at all of the patients who were dumped by nursing homes, we would see that most (if not all) are Medicaid recipients as opposed to Medicare or private pay patients.