The Elder Law Prof Blog prepared by Professor Kim Dayton, Director of the Center for Elder Justice and Policy at the William Mitchell College of Law, recently reported on a new service on the Medicare website for elder caregivers. The new Medicare website provides useful information to help home caregivers with questions such as:
- How to enroll in Medicare
- What doctors take Medicare?
- Are there alternatives to nursing homes?
- What billing forms need to be completed?
- How to choose a nursing home
Today there are more than 44 million Americans (one out of five) provide daily care for a chronically ill or aging loved one, friend, or neighbor. The value of the care services is valued at $350 billion annually, according to AARP.