legal resources necessary to hold negligent facilities accountable.
Information & Ratings on Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center, Goochland, Virginia
Lawyers for Mistreated & Abused at Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center
Any mistreatment of the senior citizen in a nursing facility can constitute neglect or abuse if it occurs at the hands of caregivers, employees, family members, friends, or other patients. Every member of the nursing team and employee staff always has a legal responsibility to protect their residents and keep them safe in their environment.
If your loved one was injured while residing in a Goochland County nursing facility, contact the Virginia Nursing Home Law Center Attorneys now for immediate legal assistance. Let our team of abuse prevention lawyers work on your family’s behalf to ensure you receive financial compensation for your damages. Time is of the essence. All necessary documentation must be filed in the proper county courthouse before the statute of limitations expires.
Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center
This long-term care home is an 84-certified bed center providing cares and services to residents of Goochland and Goochland County, Virginia. The "for-profit" Medicare and Medicaid-participating facility is located at:
2715 Dogtown Road
Goochland, Virginia 23063
Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center
In addition to providing around the clock skilled nursing care, Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center offers other services. Additional focused care includes short-term and long term care.
The facility also provides comprehensive rehab services, wound care, assisted and independent living options, medically-complex care, respiratory care, bariatric care, pulmonary care, IV (intervenous) care, post-stroke care, enteral nutrition, pain management, hospice, oncology care, dementia and memory care, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
Financial Penalties and Violations
The investigators working for the state of Virginia and the federal government had the legal authority to impose monetary fines and deny payment for Medicare services if the nursing home has been cited for serious violations of established regulations and rules.
The nursing home received two complaints over the last three years that resulted in a violation citation. Additional information concerning the facility can be reviewed on the State of Virginia Adult Protective Services (APS) Website.
Call (800) 926-7565 Toll-Free for a No Obligation Consultation
Goochland Virginia Nursing Home Safety Concerns
The federal government and Virginia Department of Public Health website update comprehensive information containing historical details of all citations and violations.
According to Medicare, this facility maintains an overall rating of one out of five stars, including one out of five stars concerning health inspections, one out of five stars for staffing issues and three out of five stars for quality measures.
- Failure to Develop, Implement and Enforce Policies and Procedures That Prevent Abuse, Neglect, and Mistreatment – citation #F607 date April 17, 2019
The state investigators determined that the nursing home “failed to implement policies and procedures for the protection of residents from abuse and neglect.” The investigation involved four residents and ten employees. The state investigators determined that:
- The facility staff failed to implement policy and procedures to complete an investigation for a resident-to-resident altercation between [two residents].”
- The nursing home “failed to evidence results of an investigation that were reported to the required state agency within five working days.”
- The facility staff “failed to evidence that policies and procedures were followed to report an allegation of abuse within the two hour time frame and failed to submit a follow-up report within five working days to the State Agency and two other officials for [the resident’s] allegation of abuse reported to the facility staff.”
- The nursing home also failed to evidence that policy and procedures were followed to submit a follow-up report within five working days to the State Agency and other officials for [a second resident’s] allegation of abuse and failed to evidence a complete and thorough investigation was completed.”
- The facility staff “failed to implement the abuse policies and procedures for screening new employees [before hiring] since the last survey for ten of twenty-five employee records reviewed.” These employees include two Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), one Registered Nurse (RN), and other staff members.
In one incident, a review of an initial Facility Reported Incident to the State Agency documented that a resident reported that two Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) “were verbally rude to her and another male staff member hurt her while transferring her.” The surveyors noted that “the facility staff failed to report the allegation of abuse within the required two-hour time frame.
Upon further review, “it was noted that there was no evidence of the facility reporting a follow-up to the initial Facility Reported Incident to the State Survey Agency and there was no evidence the facility reported to the State Agency that they performed a complete and thorough investigation.”
Neglected or Abused at Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center? We Can Help
Do you suspect that your loved one suffered injury or died prematurely while living at Envoy at the Meadows Nursing Center? Contact the Virginia nursing home abuse prevention lawyers at Nursing Home Law Center at (800) 926-7565 for immediate legal intervention. We represent Goochland County victims of abuse and neglect in all areas, including Goochland.
We provide every potential client a free initial case consultation and offer a 100% “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee. This promise means you will not pay us anything until after we have secured a monetary recovery on your behalf.