Crain’s Chicago Business is reporting that Ressurrection Health Care will be acquiring Ballard Nursing Home in Des Plaines, IL. Under the terms of the purchase, Ballard will continue to operate under its existing name as it gets absorbed by the the larger health care operator.
Ressurrection Health Care currently operates six hospital and six nursing homes in the Chicagoland area including:
- Holy Family Medical Center
- Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
- Resurrection Medical Center
- Saint Francis Hospital
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
- Holy Family Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Des Plaines
- Maryhaven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Glenview
- Resurrection Life Center – Chicago
- Resurrection Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Park Ridge
- Saint Benedict Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Niles
- Villa Scalabrini Nursing and Rehabilitation Center – Northlake
Interestingly, also as part of the acquisition, Ballard will assume ‘non-profit’ status as are the other Ressurrection Health Care facilities. Read more about this acquisition of a Chicago Nursing Home here.
For laws related to Illinois nursing homes, look here.